Can in-form FGR end poor home run?

All about our First Team

Can in-form FGR end poor home run?

Postby SNJ Ash » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:04 pm

BBC Radio Gloucestershire's Paul Furley with FGR boss Mark Cooper ahead of Morecambe.

http://www.stroudnewsandjournal.co.uk/s ... home_form/
SNJ Ash
Top Manager
Top Manager

Re: Can in-form FGR end poor home run?

Postby NewForestRover » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:41 pm

Isn't playing at home supposed to be an advantage?

Fear of failing and receiving critisism from all around due to mistakes or whatever will constantly be on their minds and affect performance.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. So many teams play better away because they can't handle the pressure they get at home.

Please don't boo or critisise or be negative even if we are losing. It won't help will it? It will just make things worse.

Don't forget we know how to come from behind and win if everyone is urging us on, cheering, clapping and supporting from start to finish.
Always Looking On The Bright Side
NewForestRover
Reserves
Reserves

Postby candy » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:52 pm

NewForestRover wrote:Isn't playing at home supposed to be an advantage?

Fear of failing and receiving critisism from all around due to mistakes or whatever will constantly be on their minds and affect performance.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. So many teams play better away because they can't handle the pressure they get at home.

Please don't boo or critisise or be negative even if we are losing. It won't help will it? It will just make things worse.

Don't forget we know how to come from behind and win if everyone is urging us on, cheering, clapping and supporting from start to finish.

Agreed with you "NewForestRover" Let's get behind the team 100% come on everyone let's be happy at all times.......
This potentially could be a great game to bring a friend along with you.........
candy
First Team
First Team

Postby Mothy » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:43 pm

I thought we'd got through the stage of distractions and losing football matches. Alas I see yet again on twitter our manager has a camera in his face to promote "our eco and sustainablility message".

By all means promote whatever eco message you like as long as it's not that you're going start to grow cabbages on the pitch (see twitter photo). Leave the manager and team alone to let the football do the talking.

Bill Shankly "At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques."
#WeAreFGR #BacktheBucks
Mothy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Location: Telford, Shropshire - Privileged to have been raised in Eastington & Nailsworth

Postby Tommo » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:22 am

Mothy wrote:I thought we'd got through the stage of distractions and losing football matches. Alas I see yet again on twitter our manager has a camera in his face to promote "our eco and sustainablility message".

By all means promote whatever eco message you like but please leave the manager and team alone to let the football do the talking.

But isn’t this all part of the ‘another way’ package? If we accept the DV funding and interest in the club then all, including the manager, and us, need to accept the messaging that comes with it. Personally, I’m proud to be associated with (in a tiny way as a club supporter) the whole thing.

We absolutely need to give the club our full support Saturday regardless of the score line during and at the end of the match.
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Mothy » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:38 am

Tommo wrote:
Mothy wrote:I thought we'd got through the stage of distractions and losing football matches. Alas I see yet again on twitter our manager has a camera in his face to promote "our eco and sustainablility message".

By all means promote whatever eco message you like but please leave the manager and team alone to let the football do the talking.

But isn’t this all part of the ‘another way’ package? If we accept the DV funding and interest in the club then all, including the manager, and us, need to accept the messaging that comes with it. Personally, I’m proud to be associated with (in a tiny way as a club supporter) the whole thing.

We absolutely need to give the club our full support Saturday regardless of the score line during and at the end of the match.

It's part of that cycle of success on and off the pitch. The manager can expect to be involved in promoting the values of the club. I do however think too many distractions will cost us. I'm saying access to the manager and team should be restricted a lot more than it appears to be currently. Let them concentrate on the on pitch side of things. Their job is to win football matches.

Time will tell.
Last edited by Mothy on Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
#WeAreFGR #BacktheBucks
Mothy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Location: Telford, Shropshire - Privileged to have been raised in Eastington & Nailsworth

Postby Pitchfork » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:27 am

Many enterprises do fail because they lose their focus. In the words of Stephen Covey, "The main thing must be kept the main thing". So Mothy is right to be aware of and raise this as a potential problem.

However, I don't think many management teams could spend more time thinking about and working on football than MC and his group. It certainly isn't a lack of concentration on what happens on the pitch that resulted in a downturn in our form this season.
Last edited by Pitchfork on Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pitchfork
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Timb » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:52 am

Yes.
Timb
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Earl » Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:43 pm

Why do we come to watch our team?
Meet up with friends, have a drink, talk football, cheer the team, shout at the referee and linesman for getting it wrong, harass the opposition and go home happy or frustrated.
I’ll be forever grateful to Vince for saving the club from bankruptcy but the eco and vegan messaging is of little interest to me.
The club belongs to a wealthy hippy businessman and he is perfectly entitled to do as he pleases but for me what happens on the pitch is all that matters. So this Saturday is all about ending the poor home run and collecting three more precious points.
BTW, I see the area reserved for wild flowers has been turned into a tarmacked car park, pity the poor bees and butterflies.
Earl
Reserves
Reserves

Return to FGR First Team