Match day and no preview.

All about our First Team

Match day and no preview.

Postby Mothy » Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:53 am

I fear this is exactly the lack of focus and distractions I was talking about on another thread Pitchfork.

Past midnight on match day and no match preview. Fans travelling hundreds of miles and no matchday details re if there will be a park and ride or will I need to set off much earlier if I want to use a car park. Let alone player and other information for away fans.

But whoop whoop at least I know I can buy a goody bag to celebrate the vegan anniversary in good time.

Other clubs manage to post their matchday arrangements in a timely manner for people to plan. They are welcoming of supporters, considerate, respectful, organised and actually grateful that football fans want to come to the match.
#WeAreFGR #BacktheBucks
Mothy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Location: Telford, Shropshire - Privileged to have been raised in Eastington & Nailsworth

Re: Match day and no preview.

Postby The Jovial Forester » Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:11 am

Fair point. Is the new media bod actually in place yet? See young Noah has been doing the match reports.
The Jovial Forester
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Pitchfork » Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:30 am

I have to agree Mothy, it is disappointing that there is no match day preview on the main site.
Pitchfork
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tomiswalking » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:29 am

How do we make sure the right person sees this at the club?
Tomiswalking
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Mothy » Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:07 am

Tomiswalking wrote:How do we make sure the right person sees this at the club?

We have already. Tomiswalking as you may have seen on another thread Pitchfork is Vice Chair and I am sure will have a quiet word in the right ear at the club. I don't know him, but i do know a little bit about the work he has done for the club as a fan, volunteer and representative prior to his appointment this year as VC.

I think it was an inspired choice and i am pleased that Pitchfork has felt able to remain on the forum and as you will have seen, by doing so he has helped the fans in resolving issues when merited.
#WeAreFGR #BacktheBucks
Mothy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Location: Telford, Shropshire - Privileged to have been raised in Eastington & Nailsworth

Postby wheely » Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:22 am

ONE WORD "JOYCIE"
wheely
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Lady Magpie » Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:29 am

Have you noticed that each match no longer has the team players on the right hand side of the match reports. This also means that the players statistics are completely wrong. Example Dale Bennett has only 2 yellows where I have it he's on the edge 4 yellows. Doidge has only 2 goals where in fact he has 5.

I used to update the information with spreadsheet downloads, but after many years passed it to others. At least you can get the info on my site.

Here is what there used to be: https://www.forestgreenroversfc.com/gam ... -red-home2
Lady Magpie
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby tommyd » Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:30 am

Football and fans dont matter it's about spreading the message :roll:
tommyd
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Pitchfork » Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:59 am

tommyd wrote:Football and fans dont matter it's about spreading the message :roll:

If 'football and fans' are not given the priority they deserve, then there is far less likelihood that the other messages will be taken on board.

I believe this is something Dale is acutely aware of and is one of the main reasons why he created the post of Chief Executive at the start of the season.
Pitchfork
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby stanman » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:29 am

Well said, Pitchfork.
Pitchfork Phil is a great asset to fans as a Vice-Chairman who continues to contribute so much to this forum despite his deserved elevation to "higher things".
#justsaying (!) that - as it is evident that some new registrants on the forum are not sure who he is. Be assured that this view, from an impartial 3rd party such as little old me, is to commend him to all fans. We count ourselves fortunate.
There is no 'I' in team
stanman
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby TreeHugger » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:41 am

https://www.forestgreenroversfc.com/new ... -morecambe

Is this what you’re after? (Not sure it’s been proof-read though...)
TreeHugger
Youth
Youth

Postby Tomiswalking » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:50 am

Mothy wrote:
Tomiswalking wrote:How do we make sure the right person sees this at the club?

We have already. Tomiswalking as you may have seen on another thread Pitchfork is Vice Chair and I am sure will have a quiet word in the right ear at the club. I don't know him, but i do know a little bit about the work he has done for the club as a fan, volunteer and representative prior to his appointment this year as VC.

I think it was an inspired choice and i am pleased that Pitchfork has felt able to remain on the forum and as you will have seen, by doing so he has helped the fans in resolving issues when merited.

Okay so pitchfork is VC and they are the main contact for fans at the club, got it. Thanks :)
Tomiswalking
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Tomiswalking » Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:04 am

stanman wrote:Well said, Pitchfork.
Pitchfork Phil is a great asset to fans as a Vice-Chairman who continues to contribute so much to this forum despite his deserved elevation to "higher things".
#justsaying (!) that - as it is evident that some new registrants on the forum are not sure who he is. Be assured that this view, from an impartial 3rd party such as little old me, is to commend him to all fans. We count ourselves fortunate.

Is it worth having an illustration of this some where? It would be really healthy to have a way of pointing out things that aren't working, without feeling critisised as someone who doesn't apreciate the work of others.

I also think the club charter should be revisited. At the moment i think it is clear and an exciting business but it doesn't talk about what part the fans play (the club element). Maybe a fans charter?
Tomiswalking
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Pitchfork » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:17 am

Mothy's point was a fair one and the press officer accepts it was unfortunate that the pressure of other work led to the late appearance of the Morecambe preview. I doubt if this pre-match information will be posted so late in the future.

Tomiswalking wrote:
It would be really healthy to have a way of pointing out things that aren't working, without feeling critisised as someone who doesn't apreciate the work of others.

I also think the club charter should be revisited. At the moment i think it is clear and an exciting business but it doesn't talk about what part the fans play (the club element). Maybe a fans charter?

It is important to be able to make comments and feel you are being listened to. Helen Taylor is working on this and has appointed someone who is looking at the match day experience for fans.

The Supporters Club is also focussed on the fans and it may be worth suggesting some kind of 'fans' charter' to them
Pitchfork
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Mothy » Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:57 am

Thanks Pitchfork.
I have a simple suggestion as a solution

There are clearly operational things that are known and within the control of FGR and others such as player information that is reliant on the opposition and is more likely to have a time dependency and be more of a last minute thing. For example, a player's fitness and whether or not they will be included in the squad.

Currently, FGR put both these items out as a combined match preview news item.

What other clubs do and i think is much better is to split these two items

They upload a match details post : Date &KO/Pricing/ Turnstiles, seating and segregation/ Bars and Food/Parking & Directions/Club Shop etc............This could be put up much earlier in the week say from Wednesday maybe?

They can then upload a separate preview : Date & KO/ All that Manager and Player information / Recent Form and Stats.

This way away fans who may want to spend the weekend in the Cotswolds or travel independently to the supporters coach, as well as home fans from far and near can better plan the use of their valuable free time. Perhaps it would help with the press workload pressures too?
#WeAreFGR #BacktheBucks
Mothy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Pitchfork » Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:23 am

Good suggestion, I'll pass it on
Pitchfork
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Mothy » Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:29 pm

Matchday details published for Crawley yesterday.

If publication of the same can be done in similar timescale for home league matches too it will a big help to many I'm sure. Even if things such as the farmer's field parking when the weather is better is left as a to be confirmed.
#WeAreFGR #BacktheBucks
Mothy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Return to FGR First Team