Match thread from The New Lawn (Morecambe)

All about our First Team

Re: Match thread from The New Lawn (Morecambe)

Postby FootieMan » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:00 pm

Phil_mitchell wrote:Colin I have to disagree if we got to wembley in the checkatrade I'm sure we would take more than we did for play offs.
1. It would be a lot cheaper
2. More time to plan and would give casual fans more time to plan.
3. It would be a chance for FGR to win a major trophy.

One hopes I might be wrong but still a long way to go to see which of us might be right. Though I know which I would want. New fans of the club need to experience a re run of the Derby County match to know what a real atmosphere at The New Lawn is all about. Totally buzzing from the time the balls were drawn out. Let's not kid ourselves different for that was the finest ever seen at the club in its history. I know, cause I was there!!
FootieMan
First Team
First Team

Postby Too occasional fan » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:58 pm

FootieMan wrote:
Theoperator wrote:Highlights are here
Hope that helps, though frankly once the game starts it is everyone for themselves to get one over on the opposition or even the referee.

And there's me thinking it was about scoring more goals than the opposition.
The gimlet of the forum.
Too occasional fan
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Phil_mitchell » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:14 am

FootieMan wrote:
Phil_mitchell wrote:Colin I have to disagree if we got to wembley in the checkatrade I'm sure we would take more than we did for play offs.
1. It would be a lot cheaper
2. More time to plan and would give casual fans more time to plan.
3. It would be a chance for FGR to win a major trophy.

One hopes I might be wrong but still a long way to go to see which of us might be right. Though I know which I would want. New fans of the club need to experience a re run of the Derby County match to know what a real atmosphere at The New Lawn is all about. Totally buzzing from the time the balls were drawn out. Let's not kid ourselves different for that was the finest ever seen at the club in its history. I know, cause I was there!!

Agree a big 3rd round draw would be great and I don't for one second thinner will get to wembley in checkatrade.
That Derby County day was magic it meant so much to the club. I can't help but feel that it wouldn't quite feel the same now maybe it's the arrogance around the place.
125 years and counting..... PRIDE OF GLOUCESTERSHIRE
Phil_mitchell
Top Manager
Top Manager

Previous

Return to FGR First Team