Match thread from The New Lawn (Swansea City U/21s)

All about our First Team

Re: Match thread from The New Lawn (Swansea City U/21s)

Postby tommyd » Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:56 pm

Don't want to be picky here but we can't have played that well if we only had one shot on target.
tommyd
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Norton Boy » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:09 pm

doggy wrote:
Norton Boy wrote:I was sat behind you OTC and I enjoyed that immensely.Some old moaner twice had a go loudly at Fitzwater for a couole if wayward passes,after the first one MC glared up at him,after the second he told him to shut up and then the man mountain told him in no uncertain terms to shut up and stop talking excrement.Moaner went very quiet after that.Made my night. :lol oh and as you mention Scott humouressly pleaded for calm. :D

How can anyone moan at Fishwater? (my name for him as it annoys my boys!) He`s been superb last few weeks, at least you lot didnt stay in like me to watch Chelsea, now they really couldnt pass!!!

He did 2 passes in 5 minutes that went straight to opposition players, he was on the halfway line at the time so it didn't cause any serious problems and he wasn't the only one whose passes went astray but this moaner decided to give him a mouthful both times and got a well-deserved mouthful back from the chap behind the dug-outs after the second time.Scott found it funny and did his best "calm down, calm down" impression.
I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave.
Norton Boy
First Team
First Team

Postby Norton Boy » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:12 pm

tommyd wrote:Don't want to be picky here but we can't have played that well if we only had one shot on target.

That may be one of those statistics that doesn't tell the whole story.I would say that apart from when their player rounded Collins and shot wide, they were not much of a threat to us for the first 70 minutes whilst we had shots blocked, shots wide, good crosses in tot he box etc which on a better day would have gone in. We certainly weren't outclassed and the scoreline flattered Swansea a bit.
I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave.
Norton Boy
First Team
First Team

Postby Tommo » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:03 pm

Norton Boy wrote:
tommyd wrote:Don't want to be picky here but we can't have played that well if we only had one shot on target.

That may be one of those statistics that doesn't tell the whole story.I would say that apart from when their player rounded Collins and shot wide, they were not much of a threat to us for the first 70 minutes whilst we had shots blocked, shots wide, good crosses in tot he box etc which on a better day would have gone in. We certainly weren't outclassed and the scoreline flattered Swansea a bit.

I agree NortonBoy, not outclassed. In fact until their goal we looked the most likely to score. The televised highlights showed our shots - there weren't many but there was some nice approach play and on several occasions just the final ball was wayward or missing.

I'm inclined to agree with the point made earlier about Traore and whether he was required to play 70 minutes on Tuesday. However, it seems that he is gradually overcoming his limitation of minutes played. He still warmed up separately with the subs at half time so clearly there is management of whatever injury he has going on but he increasingly seems able to play 90 minutes when required. Maybe he will be rested on Saturday so he can focus on our next league game.
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tomiswalking » Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:08 pm

Their right back was looking pretty frustrated with his team at the start of the second half, at that point it looked to me like it could have gone either way. Doidge or Omar, we have to get the ball to them.
Tomiswalking
Reserves
Reserves

Postby andywhiting69 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:10 pm

good having a long chat before game with swansea assistant manager who used to play for us but then as stroud fc , reeling off some of theplayers that played . he really enjoyed his time at fgr but travelling from swansea area took his toll and later signed for barry town or barrie town
best wishes andy
andywhiting69
Reserves
Reserves

Previous

Return to FGR First Team