Where we are after last month

All about our First Team

Re: Where we are after last month

Postby Timb » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:19 pm

I tend to agree with KS. Yak had a good game. Ok he got beaten once or twice but hey, the strikers didn't score every chance they had. A great all round team performance on Saturday, it's just a shame they had all those corners in a row......
Timb
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby GETCARTER » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:20 pm

On reflection, tend to agree with Kentstripe - B.Collins looking like he is growing in confidence, i like the assurance of Laird coming forward showing his experience, Brown showing real class on the ball, Osbourne combative all over the pitch and wanting to constantly get involved, Driss pure class, Wis when he came on looked good and slotted in well. We were unlucky in the first-half when we were on top,and could have killed off the game.Liked KMB always looking for the half-chance shot, but we really need some class up front - either in a creative and penetrative role, or the much sought-after,everyone-wants striker to supplement and assist Doidge. Am much more confident in looking at the future after Sat. Here's anticipating the next games with relish, or chilli sauce.
GETCARTER
First Team
First Team

Postby Tomiswalking » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:09 pm

Agree with most of the above.

It seems to me that we have formed a strong spine now in Collins, Collins, Fitzwater, Bennet, Osbourne and Traore then Doidge. This new strength allows KMB, Brown (and Charlie when he is fit) to make chances.

This makes good football to watch. Moving forwards we need a second doidge for Christmas, doidge 2 can then head it down to doidge 1 so he can get the goals he so deserves.

If we don't get those goals it doesn't matter how good any other players, coaches or fans are we will be blaming each other again soon.

I thoroughly enjoyed the Crawley game. Can't wait for Saturday, COYR
Tomiswalking
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Tommo » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:26 pm

GETCARTER wrote:On reflection, tend to agree with Kentstripe - B.Collins looking like he is growing in confidence, i like the assurance of Laird coming forward showing his experience, Brown showing real class on the ball, Osbourne combative all over the pitch and wanting to constantly get involved, Driss pure class, Wis when he came on looked good and slotted in well. We were unlucky in the first-half when we were on top,and could have killed off the game.Liked KMB always looking for the half-chance shot, but we really need some class up front - either in a creative and penetrative role, or the much sought-after,everyone-wants striker to supplement and assist Doidge. Am much more confident in looking at the future after Sat. Here's anticipating the next games with relish, or chilli sauce.

I agree too. It normally takes new signings a while to settle in - whatever the club - and I think some didn't give them enough time.

B Collins is gradually finding his feet. I am not yet fully convinced but he is young and learning quickly and starting to get a consistent and strong relationship with his back four. I wish he would pass the ball quicker though.

The back four is finally more settled and Fitzwater and Iacovitti can now play full part (and keep Roberts who is one of the less impressive signings) out of the team while giving Manny some competition. The important thing has been Laird finally finding some of the form he promised and L Collins getting the central defender role where he is excelling. Collins has seemed to be a strong character, captain and organiser and, for me, our best recent signing although Osbourne is running him close now he is fully fit.

Collins managing the more solid back four and Osbourne taking the weight off Traore - and replacing a dire, uninterested Noble - have probably been the main catalysts for our upturn. KMBs return to the fold and the steady improvement in Brown's game have also been transformational. Perhaps most important in the front half, Osbourne's drive and the creativity of KMB and Brown have give Doidge something to play with and he has got some of his positive swagger back.

James and Randall have yet to impress but they have hardly had the minutes to build up the relationships and confidence that the other new signings have been able to generate on the back of their game time. James has played well in a couple of games I have seen this season and I thought Randall was good against Swansea so they can do a job for us when injuries strike.

We continue to need Traore to grow his fitness and stamina and for Doidge to stay fit and well. I agree with the earlier comment that we need a cover for Doidge. Bugeil is another relatively recent signing who may be able to do that and I'm not sure we need to go into the market for forwards in January - particularly before Mullings' future is resolved, Bugeil does need to get some game time and goals though.

Saturday is very important (they all are) since a win would not only cement recent progress but also create even more momentum as we try to get points off Chesterfield and Cheltenham who are also in the relegation battle. Really looking forward to it.
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby GETCARTER » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:38 pm

The next two games are vital to us in our climb away from the bottom positions - i quietly anticipate and look forward to two wins.As previously stated , this could prove to be a whole new outlook for us for the season ahead.
GETCARTER
First Team
First Team

Previous

Return to FGR First Team