Match Thread from The New Lawn (Crewe Alexandra)

All about our First Team

Re: Match Thread from The New Lawn (Crewe Alexandra)

Postby camel » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:15 pm

Just watched the highlights which showed how poor the positioning was on Saturday.

What were the police doing over in the corner between East and North Stand when clearly the most likely flash points are going to be between West and North, or possibly West and South (although there is greater segregation there)? I think their gaffer needs to do some drills in training to get it sorted for next Saturday. I haven't seen a leakier defence (of the law) in some time...
camel
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Foggy » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:17 pm

Surely we are all in this together, using general terms like "band of idiots" or "moaning main stand mob" are a bit disrespectful and don't achieve much more than to insult and alienate. It should be remembered that those groups combined to create a pretty decent atmosphere last Saturday, particularly as the game reached its conclusion, and definitely fulfilled their role as twelfth man...I am sure the players and management love all of them, not just a select group.
The future is bright, the future is green...Forest Green!
#PutYourSticksOut
Foggy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Location: The other side of the hill...living in the land of the eggmen!

Postby T50 BOS » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:45 pm

Talking of positional play ..... looking a the highlights again I think Laird will be disappointed with their first and very disappointed with himself over their second. Pity as he was just starting to look more comfortable in his role than earlier in the season. Reckon we could see Wizzer start up at Chesterfield tomorrow.
T50 BOS
Reserves
Reserves

Postby GETCARTER » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:37 pm

Going forward, i think Wizzer is a main man. ( Not sure about his defensive responsibilities though ).
GETCARTER
First Team
First Team

Postby cookiemonster » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:01 pm

Tommo wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:
Rich E wrote:Some match highlights here:

http://www.skysports.com/football/fores ... ort/374274

Watch the keeper just after the winner goes in - Omar gives him a right mouthful. I wonder why?

Maybe this is a rhetorical question but Bugeil got booked for what looked like a soft foul on the goalie in the previous corner and I think he felt the goalie played for it.

Thanks Tommo. I didn't remember his booking was for a foul on the 'keeper. He must have felt pretty strongly about it to have words rather than join his teammates for the celebration.
cookiemonster
Reserves
Reserves

Postby andymac26 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:44 pm

Agree with the point made earlier by dursleydog. The possession football gives a good sense of player confidence and comfort with the ball. It also must help in wearing a team down and tiring them with all the continual chasing shadows. But I also think there are occasions when we need to just mix it up more often. Take a punt more frequently and keep them guessing what we'll do next. More diagonal balls in which Doidge will chase for fun. As spirited and resilient as we are becoming, we aren't barcelona yet...(but what do I know, we're winning)...
andymac26
Top Manager
Top Manager

Previous

Return to FGR First Team