Good time to be Green & Claret

All about our First Team

Good time to be Green & Claret

Postby Greeners Jnr » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:25 am

I have followed both Forest Green and Burnley for as long as I can remember. At first FGR were in the Hellenic and Burnley in the old 1st div, but not for long. Many years followed with Burnley's steady decline and Green consolidating in the Southern League. Then around the turn of the century Burnley started a revival and Green made it to National football, and I was happy, but now I'm ecstatic. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I'd see the day when FGR record their third consecutive win in the football league for the first time, and the same time Burnley get a third consecutive Premier League win for the first time......tho they had done better before I was born, ask Greeners senior. He's old enough to remember Burnley as Champions of England! :D :D :D :D :D
Greeners Jnr
Top Manager
Top Manager
Location: Saltus Viridi fautoribusque est in Cestrensi comitatu

Re: Good time to be Green & Claret

Postby Mothy » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:28 am

Sadly I cannot say the same for my home town team AFC Telford United. As the Bucks slipped up against Alfreton yesterday and look set for another season in the National North after signs of promise a few weeks ago.

If I am feeling better I may pop along Tuesday night to watch them v Tamworth

Yes Burnley are doing well. I remember watching Leighton James and Martin Dobson on the telly in the 70s
#WeAreFGR #BacktheBucks
Top Manager
Top Manager
Location: Telford, Shropshire - Privileged to have been raised in Eastington & Nailsworth

Return to FGR First Team