Cheltenham Saturday

All about our First Team

Cheltenham Saturday

Postby Phil_mitchell » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:24 pm

Reading what they have had to say about the game I have to laugh. Johnson has himself called it a cup final. Harry Pell chating some absolute nonsense. This is a bigger game for Cheltenham than it for us from what they are saying amd TGE way fans are acting.
Believe me I want to win this game so much I hate everything about them. I hope the players realise the importance of it as well if they don't turn up for it then they don't deserve to be playing football.
125 years and counting..... PRIDE OF GLOUCESTERSHIRE
Phil_mitchell
Top Manager
Top Manager

Re: Cheltenham Saturday

Postby FGR-Ledge » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:30 pm

Well said Mike!

Makes me laugh, they are obsessed with us, yet they still try and belittle us at every turn.

Cannot wait for this Sat though, it is a proper Derby now!!
FGR-Ledge
First Team
First Team

Postby Kentstripe » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:31 pm

So that clown Pell thinks it will be "like a home game" does he?

We'll see......
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby FGR-Ledge » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:43 pm

Kentstripe wrote:So that clown Pell thinks it will be "like a home game" does he?

We'll see......

Well show the thug who is at home KS. :D
FGR-Ledge
First Team
First Team

Postby The Jovial Forester » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:52 pm

Kentstripe wrote:So that clown Pell thinks it will be "like a home game" does he?

We'll see......

He probably meant in the way their fans make no noise and their performance is patchy at best.
The Jovial Forester
First Team
First Team

Postby Towner » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:54 pm

In fairness it was a bit like a home game last time at yours, this isn't a dig but from what i can remember there was minimal noise coning from the home areas. Yet i imagine it'll be different this time with us being in the open stand, open to the elements and widely spread out.

Lets be honest, the game isn't won on the terraces and it's probably a good time to play us with a ridiculous amount of players unavailable through injuries. I don't think we are obsessed with fgr, however we have been starved of any real rivalry since entering the football league in 1999 and therefore perhaps there is a little more anticipation when another Gloucestershire side is in the same division. I personally feel that most of any bad feeling towards the clubs stems from a few statements your chairman has made.
Towner
Youth
Youth

Postby FGR-Ledge » Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:03 pm

Towner wrote:In fairness it was a bit like a home game last time at yours, this isn't a dig but from what i can remember there was minimal noise coning from the home areas. Yet i imagine it'll be different this time with us being in the open stand, open to the elements and widely spread out.

Lets be honest, the game isn't won on the terraces and it's probably a good time to play us with a ridiculous amount of players unavailable through injuries. I don't think we are obsessed with fgr, however we have been starved of any real rivalry since entering the football league in 1999 and therefore perhaps there is a little more anticipation when another Gloucestershire side is in the same division. I personally feel that most of any bad feeling towards the clubs stems from a few statements your chairman has made.

A local derby is what football is all about, just embrace it.
FGR-Ledge
First Team
First Team

Postby camel » Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:05 pm

I reckon we should do a "stand up for forest green" chant. Be a bit awkward for any CTFC fans sat in the East Stand ;)

Looking forward to Saturday and hope everyone is ready to get in to the atmosphere and make some noise.
camel
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tomiswalking » Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:52 pm

A small part of me is going to enjoy it whatever the result, and like cooper says it's just another game. But in reality if we win i will be happy and if we don't win, dont bother coming into work on Monday Cooper, you are out. :lol:
Tomiswalking
First Team
First Team

Postby candy » Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:03 pm

Looking forward to playing Cheltenham on Saturday as they are supposed to be a big team.
But where have they been for the last 5 season's. I feel FGR will finish higher in League then
Cheltenham this season.
candy
First Team
First Team

Postby Fartvs Antiqvvs » Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:10 pm

Tomiswalking wrote: But in reality if we win i will be happy and if we don't win, dont bother coming into work on Monday Cooper, you are out.

Must interject here Tiw. This brings me back to the first quarter of the season where his head was being called for after a poor showing by the team.

All was sweetness and light following a nice little run of 5 games with a settled team selection and without loss. Now, after a narrow loss away, you are part of the Roman arena thrill seekers anticipating another defeat and baying for the ringmaster's exit once again?

This is EFL and it is tough for a new entry team.
Quo tendimus?

Nos venit!
Fartvs Antiqvvs
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tomiswalking » Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:46 pm

Fartvs Antiqvvs wrote:
Tomiswalking wrote: But in reality if we win i will be happy and if we don't win, dont bother coming into work on Monday Cooper, you are out.

Must interject here Tiw. This brings me back to the first quarter of the season where his head was being called for after a poor showing by the team.

All was sweetness and light following a nice little run of 5 games with a settled team selection and without loss. Now, after a narrow loss away, you are part of the Roman arena thrill seekers anticipating another defeat and baying for the ringmaster's exit once again?

Nah I'm not what you have said I am. I've been at every home game and a few aways. Cheering all the time. I haven't complained about the loss at chesterfield at all, because i didn't expect to win the league.

Was just saying this game isn't just another game like cooper said. the pressure is on and so it should be. Cooper has to work hard and win this game, it's his job. If he doesn't understand what it means to us that's his problem, and he should leave.
Tomiswalking
First Team
First Team

Postby Tomiswalking » Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:51 pm

Fartvs Antiqvvs wrote:

Also I totally disagree that there was a poor showing by the team. The individuals worked hard, they weren't managed properly.
Tomiswalking
First Team
First Team

Postby Kentstripe » Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:56 pm

Of course he understands. Doesn't mean he should be hyping it up publicly though.

Everyone at the club will be really up for this. His job is to keep everyone calm. Over-hyped players running around like headless chickens lunging into rash tackles wont win us the game.
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Fartvs Antiqvvs » Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:56 pm

OK, Tiw. It's a forum for democratic opinion, but on reflection, I thought, perhaps, that you may have been frivolous. In which case, I would have said:

Add a ;)

However, that's your view clarified, so onward with other members of the Senate's input on the subject.
Quo tendimus?

Nos venit!
Fartvs Antiqvvs
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tomiswalking » Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:58 pm

I have no idea what you are talking about. I put a lol face to show it was meant with a humourous understanding. Give me a break.
Tomiswalking
First Team
First Team

Postby Kentstripe » Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:59 pm

Tomiswalking wrote:
Also I totally disagree that there was a poor showing by the team. The individuals worked hard, they weren't managed properly.

Same team, same tactics that got us 4 wins in 5? What would you have liked done differently by the management?
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tomiswalking » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:05 pm

Huh?
Tomiswalking
First Team
First Team

Postby Tomiswalking » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:08 pm

Kentstripe wrote:
Tomiswalking wrote:

Same team, same tactics that got us 4 wins in 5? What would you have liked done differently by the management?

We where talking about the team at the start of the season, not against chesterfield.
Tomiswalking
First Team
First Team

Postby king giraffe III » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:12 pm

Interesting how Johnson is playing the match up, whereas Cooper is doing the opposite.

This whole rivalry between Cheltenham and us is a lot of nothing. Anyone with historical context will remember the time we played Cheltenham the season they first earned promotion to the EFL. They had a lot of respect for us back then. Since then there have been a lot of newcomers watching at both clubs. They seem to be the ones buying into the hype.

A win would be enjoyable but I don't anticipate it. Our focus has to be on staying in League Two as we're nowhere near out of the woods yet.
19 years of upset.
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Next

Return to FGR First Team