Match thread from The New Lawn (Cheltenham Town)

All about our First Team

Re: Match thread from The New Lawn (Cheltenham Town)

Postby king giraffe III » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:28 am

Kentstripe wrote:Yawn. Yet more negativity and cynism from LG. Why not just be pleased that anther high quality young player will soon be available for selection again soon, rather then making snide uneducated remarks, in what is probably another attemt at stirring, as usual. Have there not been enough defeats for your liking in recent weeks?

Probably still gutted your lot couldn't beat us on Saturday eh?

Yes, I had really hoped we would beat Cheltenham. But it didn't happen.

Why would I be pleased that a National League squad player will soon be available for a League Two club? You call that uneducated, I call that an honest assessment. Makes me wonder what your education is beyond colonoscopy.
"I just don't know what went wrong!"
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby garyjj » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:23 am

I don't understand why Traore is getting so much love, his form has dropped recently and constantly gives the ball away... This may be because we're relying on him too much. I think Charlie will be a perfect fit next to Osborne and Traore. I have he proves people wrong. I know I've moaned about him in the past but he's a young lad who clearly cares.
IReece styches number 1 fan. (Tunnels)
garyjj
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Theoperator » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:30 pm

One thing that I do really enjoy to watch KMBs ball control, its like the things glued to his feet sometimes. I know on occasions its lost but he puts fear and uncertainty into any defender as its so clear how confident he is on the ball.
Theoperator
First Team
First Team

Postby GETCARTER » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:32 pm

KMB is clearly a class act.
GETCARTER
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby SkunkMan » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:16 pm

garyjj wrote:I don't understand why Traore is getting so much love, his form has dropped recently and constantly gives the ball away... This may be because we're relying on him too much. I think Charlie will be a perfect fit next to Osborne and Traore. I have he proves people wrong. I know I've moaned about him in the past but he's a young lad who clearly cares.

Drissa's fitness remains a bit of a mystery and there is no doubt that against Cheltenham he didn't look fully fit. But during his time with us, he has put in some of the best performances I have seen from an FGR midfielder and he has a lot to offer us still.

I think when he has been playing as a holding midfielder, the '1' in a 4-1-3-2 or similar, he has had to work his backside off and perhaps tires as a result? I don't know. I think alongside Ossie now, they both look the part as a midfield duo and by having an athlete like Ossie sharing the work a little more, I think we will see Drissa be very influential.

I think to say that he 'constantly' gives the ball away is unfair, he did make a couple of errors against Cheltenham, but I think tiredness and lack of full fitness played a part. I do accept though that when we are under the cosh against a big, physical team like Cheltenham or Lincoln, he does look less effective and can be out-muscled or pressured into a mistake. But players like him who frequently receive the ball in midfield where it is tight and they are under instant pressure are going to lose the ball sometimes.
"Winning doesn't really matter, as long as you win." Vinny Jones
SkunkMan
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby stanman » Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:20 pm

There is no 'I' in team
stanman
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Norton Boy » Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:38 pm

No bias there then.
I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave.
Norton Boy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby The Old TomCat » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:53 pm

My goodness I've just clicked onto the Robin's Nest forum and read that the Cheltenham chairman was upset when teams met at TNL because DV refused to shake his hand in the boardroom.

http://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/sp ... rby-901805

He wrote up complaint in Cheltenham's magazine and their forum are making hay because of it.

I don't know the ins or outs of report and will therefore not offer an opinion unlike those Cheltenham forum scribes who are apparently in the know.
The Old TomCat
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Lady Magpie » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:59 pm

The Old TomCat wrote:My goodness I've just clicked onto the Robin's Nest forum and read that the Cheltenham chairman was upset when teams met at TNL because DV refused to shake his hand in the boardroom.

http://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/sp ... rby-901805

He wrote up complaint in Cheltenham's magazine and their forum are making hay because of it.

I don't know the ins or outs of report and will therefore not offer an opinion unlike those Cheltenham forum scribes who are apparently in the know.

One day Gloucestershire Life will get a life, they must have worn their wooden spoon out already this season and may need a new one at Christmas.
Lady Magpie
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby tommyd » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:59 pm

Who cares? Dale never welcomes me either and I support his club. Big fuss over nothing.
tommyd
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Silver Surfer » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:05 pm

Sounds to me like someone is trying to divert attention from the problems at CTFC.
No animals were harmed during the creation of this message, but some electrons became agitated.
Silver Surfer
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Greeners » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:14 pm

Hi
Is Cheltenham one of the clubs which won't allow Dale in the boardroom without a collar and tie?
Greeners
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby The Old TomCat » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:29 pm

Greeners wrote:Hi
Is Cheltenham one of the clubs which won't allow Dale in the boardroom without a collar and tie?

Not sure but at last ElGlosico match he watched game from front row of away fans stand.
The Old TomCat
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby king giraffe III » Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:08 pm

Silver Surfer wrote:Sounds to me like someone is trying to divert attention from the problems at CTFC.

What problems are they? I think you are confusing them with Evesham City.
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Phil_mitchell » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:37 pm

king giraffe III wrote:
Silver Surfer wrote:Sounds to me like someone is trying to divert attention from the problems at CTFC.

You really do have a love affair with Cheltenham don't you.
I really do dislike them and I hate the chairman.
125 years and counting..... PRIDE OF GLOUCESTERSHIRE
Phil_mitchell
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby king giraffe III » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:56 pm

Phil_mitchell wrote:
king giraffe III wrote:

You really do have a love affair with Cheltenham don't you.
I really do dislike them and I hate the chairman.

Well, what are these problems? I'm keen to know.
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Silver Surfer » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:22 pm

king giraffe III wrote: Well, what are these problems? I'm keen to know.

Having fans like you, do they need any more problems?
No animals were harmed during the creation of this message, but some electrons became agitated.
Silver Surfer
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby FGR-Ledge » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:33 pm

Unfortunately he is typical of many Cheltenham supporters.

Arrogant, narrow minded insulting and with a view of their club that is far greater than the club itself.

We are a small club, but we know we are, Cheltenham are very similar in size to us now, but they think they are the Man United of Gloucestershire.

Cannot stand Cheltenham, horrible club.
FGR-Ledge
First Team
First Team

Previous

Return to FGR First Team