Great atmosphere yesterday!

All about our First Team

Great atmosphere yesterday!

Postby Tyler110 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:10 am

Great attendance yesterday, over 3600! A well earned draw in my opinion. We go again against Exeter in the FA Cup next week. Good luck to Jack and Isaiah on their recoveries.
Tyler110
Trainee
Trainee

Re: Great atmosphere yesterday!

Postby Tommo » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:26 am

Tyler110 wrote:Great attendance yesterday, over 3600! A well earned draw in my opinion. We go again against Exeter in the FA Cup next week. Good luck to Jack and Isaiah on their recoveries.

Yes - we need Traore fully fit too.
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tomiswalking » Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:07 pm

Yep it was a good atmosphere, shame the Cheltenham fans didn't make any noise though. Just their spotty teens swearing a bit, the classic @#£& fgr, but silent for most. If that was their idea of a derby I would hate to see them at a normal match.
Tomiswalking
First Team
First Team

Postby FGR-Ledge » Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:25 pm

Tomiswalking wrote:Yep it was a good atmosphere, shame the Cheltenham fans didn't make any noise though. Just their spotty teens swearing a bit, the classic @#£& fgr, but silent for most. If that was their idea of a derby I would hate to see them at a normal match.

Glad you said this, I totally agree, not only did Cheltenham make hardly any noise and were totally out sung by us yet again, but any noise was just insulting FGR from as you say complete chavs.

Makes me laugh when all you see in the Cheltenham propaganda press is all about how great their fans were!! They were awful.

Absolutely embarrassing from them, and their forum which is still slagging us off as a club, and recons there was only 1100 FGR fans present yesterday and Cheltenham outnumbered us!! Just laughable and tinpot from Cheltenham. :evil:

They did play better than us yesterday though, I will give them that one.
FGR-Ledge
First Team
First Team

Postby king giraffe III » Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:47 pm

Cheltenham's pubescents made plenty of noise. Per head of people making noise, they were easily louder! You're not OTC with a fake account are you?
19 years of upset.
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby FGR-Ledge » Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:56 pm

king giraffe III wrote:Cheltenham's pubescents made plenty of noise. Per head of people making noise, they were easily louder! You're not OTC with a fake account are you?

Behave yourself, seriously!!!

Anyway you are the equivalent of OTC, but the other way round, you claimed/claim to be an FGR supporter, but you are definitely a Cheltenham fan now.
FGR-Ledge
First Team
First Team

Postby redrobin » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:00 pm

Have to agree Chelts made very little noise
Dales strategy is paying off - give the opposition an open terrace, spread them out and you can keep em quiet....
.... come on, football is all about passion , noise and excitement , killed the atmosphere completely
look at the the two cracking games we had in the national league, yesterday was a poor substitute.
we were loud at TNL and vice versa at WR
OK theres always a few wannabee kids who cant handle it but that's football.
don't throw out the baby with the bath water
I love the game for that very reason even if its the opposition
1200 gasheads singing goodnight Irene at WR stirs the blood even if I hate em !
if you want peace and quiet join stroud library !!!!
can't beat a good rib - eye !
redrobin
Reserves
Reserves

Postby FGR-Ledge » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:03 pm

redrobin wrote:Have to agree Chelts made very little noise
Dales strategy is paying off - give the opposition an open terrace, spread them out and you can keep em quiet....
.... come on, football is all about passion , noise and excitement , killed the atmosphere completely
look at the the two cracking games we had in the national league, yesterday was a poor substitute.

Decent post to be fair, much more balanced than the laughing Giraffe individual, dont have a clue what makes that person tick, maybe just a WUM!!!
Last edited by FGR-Ledge on Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FGR-Ledge
First Team
First Team

Postby Foggy » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:04 pm

You are right about the Gas...if you are only going to sing one song make sure it is a decent one and get everyone to join in!
The future is bright, the future is green...Forest Green!
Foggy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Location: The other side of the hill...living in the land of the eggmen!

Postby camel » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:11 pm

Point well made Robin. The atmosphere amongst FGR has been better this season, but it is a bit of a missing element have noisey away fans.

Clubs that manage to get big numbers singing like BRFC are always impressive. Still think we miss out by not having a song that everyone knows and is prepared to join in. Sadly in the East Stand many won't have a clue what's being sung in the South Stand and half of what they make out they probably won't want to join in for because of the content.
camel
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Timb » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:13 pm

Good post Red Robin.

I also think DV has got it right. But we need to get some covered seats in on the West Terrace for next season.

As for the kids (teenagers), all part of life's rich tapestry. But keep it support for FGR and away from fish bait.
Timb
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tomiswalking » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:39 pm

I don't know about all of that, Newport managed to make a lot more atmosphere with a lot less fans. But then I guess they also managed to beat us, unlike chelters.
Tomiswalking
First Team
First Team

Postby Fartvs Antiqvvs » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:15 pm

redrobin wrote:OK theres always a few wannabee kids who cant handle it but that's football.

Pathos that R/R. 'Hate' and 'peace and quiet'.

Football supporters, in my experience during the late 50s and early 60s, following the then leagues 3 & 4 action made plenty of noise with good natured banter along with the opposition, non segregated so that a mix was generally the case. Can't remember anyone 'kicking off' in my experience, except for the teams involved at the start and 2nd half of the matches.

Sadly by standards to the present, present a war zone of 2 armies intent on voicing profanities and generally carrying the mindless mob intent on physical confrontation. Whatever happened to the beautiful all round spectacle? :(
Quo tendimus?

Nos venit!
Fartvs Antiqvvs
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Towner » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:24 pm

Ofcourse the atmosphere was poor, we had 1000 fans spread across the width of the pitch, 4 rows deep with an open terrace.

Songs sang by ctfc fans could not be heard by those in the same stand 30 yards down and therefore could not join in, 2 years ago it was an electric atmosphere behind the goal. I heard a couple of middle aged chaps behind me discussing the home fans, they said they thought the noise levels from the home ends were dreadful for a so called derby, it seemed as it was only 20 young lads in the top left corner of your middle terraced block who bothered to try.

I recall we hate cheltenham, then they sang we really **** hate cheltenham, followed by youre just a **** gloucester city, before eventually signing about having a party when Gary Johnson dies.

What a lovely set of "fans" !!

Yes the positioning of away fans stifled any away noise but it was a shocking home atmosphere, if that is deemed as "great" then i wonder what its normally like.
Towner
Youth
Youth

Postby Fartvs Antiqvvs » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:48 pm

Towner wrote:I recall we hate cheltenham, then they sang we really **** hate cheltenham, followed by youre just a **** gloucester city, before eventually signing about having a party when Gary Johnson dies.

What a lovely set of "fans" !!

There you go T, just as my previous post. Every teams' supporters do it now, sadly.
Quo tendimus?

Nos venit!
Fartvs Antiqvvs
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Timb » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:01 pm

Enough said Towner. DV was right.

And as for the chanting, get behind FGR. Forget Gary Johnson and Fred West.
Timb
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby king giraffe III » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:21 pm

FGR-Ledge wrote:
king giraffe III wrote:Cheltenham's pubescents made plenty of noise. Per head of people making noise, they were easily louder! You're not OTC with a fake account are you?

Anyway you are the equivalent of OTC, but the other way round, you claimed/claim to be an FGR supporter, but you are definitely a Cheltenham fan now.

I was stood at the very end of the South Stand. Equal distance between both sets of singing fans. Sorry, but they were louder. I appreciate it may hurt your masculine pride, but that's life. I guess the rainbow corner flags did too, but that's one for another thread.
19 years of upset.
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby king giraffe III » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:23 pm

FGR-Ledge wrote:

Decent post to be fair, much more balanced than the laughing Giraffe individual, dont have a clue what makes that person tick, maybe just a WUM!!!

Just another trophy head on the wall.
19 years of upset.
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby FGR-Ledge » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:44 pm

king giraffe III wrote:
FGR-Ledge wrote:

I was stood at the very end of the South Stand. Equal distance between both sets of singing fans. Sorry, but they were louder. I appreciate it may hurt your masculine pride, but that's life. I guess the rainbow corner flags did too, but that's one for another thread.

Does not hurt my pride one iota!! :) I was not even in the South Stand, so you are not hurting my feelings petal.

I was in the East Stand, and all I could here was the South Stand, unless Cheltenham fans were singing "We hate Cheltenham" I suspect not!! In fact the whole of the second half, all I could hear was a cracking chant bigging up Isiah Osbourne. It sounded great and was very loud. Was that Cheltenham fans??

You can have your strange opinion that's fine, it's wrong, but that's fine.
FGR-Ledge
First Team
First Team

Postby king giraffe III » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:28 pm

You've totally missed my point, haven't you. Re-read and digest. Use a dictionary if necessary.

Here: Per head of people making noise, they were easily louder!
19 years of upset.
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Next

Return to FGR First Team