Great atmosphere yesterday!

All about our First Team

Re: Great atmosphere yesterday!

Postby michael » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:04 pm

like footieman, i really can't see where there is any issue with toilet facilities.
do people require 'personal bottom wipers'-is that whats missing ?

must be a bit of a disaster,when you have to sacrifice having a cup of tea, and queuing 5 minutes extra to get out of nailsworth,to watch EFL football.
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Silver Surfer » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:19 pm

Does anyone remember the "facilities" at Twerton Park? Bristol Rovers actually played their home matches there for a few years.
No animals were harmed during the creation of this message, but some electrons became agitated.
Silver Surfer
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Timb » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:40 pm

I think the debate isn't about the facilities in the ground, it's the marquee bar and the 4 portaloos outside the ground before away fans are allowed in, no more banter and debate and bon whatever in The Green Man before the game.
Timb
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby FootieMan » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:07 am

So outside additional facilities seems to be causing the debate Tim.

Can't comment because I don't personally use them.

Not in charge anymore so don't see all sides of it, whereas before one could. All about the Matchday fan experience.

On those occasions I can now come to watch, I don't park at the ground. Walk about 10 minutes in and use my season ticket to get to my seat. I pop into the Blaxk & White lounge where more of the 'old timers' can be found. Have a chat watch the game and go home. Grab a cider before kick off and a warm drink at half time.

My only other observation on this subject is when I was in charge I used to stand on all terraces and get around the ground on a match day to show my face and if anyone had a gripe they could grab me and ask a question or report something to me first hand.

The club last season was one of a number of clubs nominated to take part
in the Narioanl League of The Real Fan Experience survey of how fans are treated.
I was not involved in that so not sure what the input or output was. It's almost like clubs should have a customer service based fan group to make the match day experience better.
FootieMan
First Team
First Team

Postby michael » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:09 am

Silver Surfer wrote:Does anyone remember the "facilities" at Twerton Park? Bristol Rovers actually played their home matches there for a few years.

remember quite well as was there this tuesday night with 350 other lost souls,and again a couple of times in last two seasons.
love the ground- a throw back in times.

toilet facilties by the main stand-something to behold.

i am ambivalent to the meat/non meat stuff-take what i am given-but have to comment that at Bath you do get you good variety -burgers with black pepper topping and other varieties.
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Ninja Hamster » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:09 pm

Doing a scan, I just found this on twitter.

'Whilst I understand that @FGRFC_Official have a wealthy, disinterested and remote owner, I nevertheless intend to write to all of their sponsors to ask whether continued association with such discrimination is good for their brand.'

https://twitter.com/chris78coleman/stat ... 1216498688

Unfortunately it is from a Cheltenham BC Councillor. I wonder if Ecotricity have had their letter yet?
The problem with options is that other people have them
Ninja Hamster
Youth
Youth

Postby Norton Boy » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:26 pm

Boohoo.Next year don't sell them any tickets, is it discrimination if you refuse everyone? :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave.
Norton Boy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby GETCARTER » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:47 pm

Remember going to Trumpton Park many times over those years to watch the Gas - it was what it was = a non-league ground in a non-football city, basic but functional, particularly remember when the Gas played BCFC in the end of season deciding game, with much friction on the terraces, and Joe Jordan going onto the pitch to plead with his away supporters re: behaviour, and being pelted with everything coming to hand. What a night - tickets obtained via Ian Hamilton, ex-Gas captain.You can still watch this game and events on YOU-TUBE.
GETCARTER
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby camel » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:03 pm

GETCARTER wrote:Remember going to Trumpton Park many times over those years to watch the Gas - it was what it was = a non-league ground in a non-football city, basic but functional, particularly remember when the Gas played BCFC in the end of season deciding game, with much friction on the terraces, and Joe Jordan going onto the pitch to plead with his away supporters re: behaviour, and being pelted with everything coming to hand. What a night - tickets obtained via Ian Hamilton, ex-Gas captain.You can still watch this game and events on YOU-TUBE.

I used to go there as a kid. Standing up in an open terrace in the freezing cold until I could no longer feel my hands or feet, often with my view obscured by an old man who was also smoking really smelly cigars. Loved every minute as I didn't care about the facilities or anything else other than the privilege of getting to watch a game of football.

I'm planning on going to watch a game there this season for old times sake.
camel
Top Manager
Top Manager

Previous

Return to FGR First Team