Great atmosphere yesterday!

All about our First Team

Re: Great atmosphere yesterday!

Postby FGR-Ledge » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:42 pm

king giraffe III wrote:You've totally missed my point, haven't you. Re-read and digest. Use a dictionary if necessary.

Here: Per head of people making noise, they were easily louder!

They had less people making noise, hence I could not hear them. I don't care if a few chavs were louder per head.
FGR-Ledge
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Towner » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:07 am

It doesn't really matter about the atmosphere, but as someone who is not a regular at TNL i did think it was poor.

I would imagine the atmosphere would be greater in the home ends should we had had a roof ourselves and not been stretched across the pitch over 4 rows, i can assure you that it would have been a very noisy away terrace had this been the case and this would only spark a reaction from the home ends. DV killed that when he put out in the open stand.
Towner
Youth
Youth

Postby Tommo » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:06 am

king giraffe III wrote:
I was stood at the very end of the South Stand. Equal distance between both sets of singing fans. Sorry, but they were louder.

I think you are right but our guys were more consistent - the chanting in the second half was pretty persistent. Well done South Stand.

The East stand was very quiet however not sure why given it was full. Maybe the press for tickets meant that chanting groups couldn't sit together as usual?
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Chrisgump11 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:30 am

Towner, the club is working to extend the 'wet' terrace, install seats and erect a cover. EFL are aware and approving. Unfortunately, it is all taking longer than planned. As to the catering and other arrangements, previous teams who have bought their entire allocations of tickets - Exeter for one - have been pretty complimentary.

We know we have work to do, but this is our Year 1 in the EFL. What is your excuse? The CTFC Grandstand should have been demolished in the last millennium. It is an awful throwback to a bygone era and if you have ever sat in the stand, there is nowhere for your legs - impossible to evacuate quickly in an emergency. Likewise the turnstiles around the ground are designed to exclude people with a waist line of more than 34 inches and the paddock .... The phrase that comes to mind is people in glass houses should not throw stones

So, yes we need to make improvements, and yes it would have been better if they had been done by now. Then again, we'll be in a new state of the art stadium in about 3 years time so 'good money after bad' comes into things.

When will your Directors be investing in better facilities for its customers? And remind me how many hospitality boxes or bars or eateries have views over the pitch at WR. Or corridors that are wide enough to accommodate wheelchair users or lifts that take them to their seats. The facilities for most at TNL are superior to their equivalents at WR and will be light years better in a few years.
Chrisgump11
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby npb128 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:53 pm

What are the words to the Isiah Osbourne song please?
npb128
Youth
Youth

Postby Irish-Rover » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:07 pm

npb128 wrote:What are the words to the Isiah Osbourne song please?

Cooper said we're gonna sign a centre mid,
Ohh words can't describe when I see him in the black and white,
He always smiles,
He'll pass the ball 100 miles,
That's why we sing this for,
Isaiah Osbourne
Irish-Rover
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Theoperator » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:40 pm

I have to agree with Towner as posted on the match thread, and the facilities in the South stand are rubbish too. Theres ample room and even outside doors that can be opened to get a catering van into the area in the South stand where beer is drunk, reorganise so that the beer drinkers cant be seen by anyone in the stadium (as per the most ridiculous laws of the land)

Then theres 2 places to buy drink and food. Theres nothing like capacity with the deep fat chip fryers currently used in the South Stand- I feel really sorry for the caterers there, and its very irritating to miss either the end of the first half or the start of the second. Its not possible to avoid missing one of the two :evil:

Im sure many dont bother- . The club are loosing a lot of potential revenue here, both putting fans off coming and failing to sell at capacity as its so poor.

Its the same in the West Stand- it must be a real struggle to get from the South Stand end to get any catering. A facility could surely be installed at the South stand end, which would help further with segregation.

I get the feeling that away fans and South stand supporters are second rate here

TBF the catering for away fans at WR is terrible, one pokey van, Ive never had such poor chips :|
Theoperator
First Team
First Team

Postby michael » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:45 pm

My only consistent criticism re :the catering is the complete lack of choice of vege/vegan food (hardly call chips healthy eating) outside of the carl embury suite.

-complete irony when the club promotes itself as providing all this varuety of vegan food -yes please-but can i get any choice-no.

that given-the Hindu God who is Garnesh is my saviour and does provide nice albeit expensive samosa's from the Indian catering facility.
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Towner » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:50 pm

Chrisgump11 wrote:Towner, the club is working to extend the 'wet' terrace, install seats and erect a cover. EFL are aware and approving. Unfortunately, it is all taking longer than planned. As to the catering and other arrangements, previous teams who have bought their entire allocations of tickets - Exeter for one - have been pretty complimentary.

We know we have work to do, but this is our Year 1 in the EFL. What is your excuse? The CTFC Grandstand should have been demolished in the last millennium. It is an awful throwback to a bygone era and if you have ever sat in the stand, there is nowhere for your legs - impossible to evacuate quickly in an emergency. Likewise the turnstiles around the ground are designed to exclude people with a waist line of more than 34 inches and the paddock .... The phrase that comes to mind is people in glass houses should not throw stones

So, yes we need to make improvements, and yes it would have been better if they had been done by now. Then again, we'll be in a new state of the art stadium in about 3 years time so 'good money after bad' comes into things.

When will your Directors be investing in better facilities for its customers? And remind me how many hospitality boxes or bars or eateries have views over the pitch at WR. Or corridors that are wide enough to accommodate wheelchair users or lifts that take them to their seats. The facilities for most at TNL are superior to their equivalents at WR and will be light years better in a few years.

Chris, See the article - http://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/sp ... says-67593

We have been in talks with the council about a land swap deal since 2012. Above is a recent article, we appear to be getting closer to a purpose built stand with a lot more non match day revenue streams. Yes it does need replacing, but no it isn't that bad, i am 6ft and have sat up there many a time. But as away supporters you do not need to worry as you are housed in the our newest stand.

It's already a tidy stadium, but it'll really finish it of nicely with the addition of the new stand. Personally i would hate to end up in some soulless bowl of a stadium, with empty seats everywhere. Each to their own but it isn't something i would personally welcome at ctfc. It'll be interesting to see if your attendances fall lower once you move, after the initial wave of interest dies down.
Towner
Youth
Youth

Postby king giraffe III » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:53 pm

FGR-Ledge wrote:
king giraffe III wrote:You've totally missed my point, haven't you. Re-read and digest. Use a dictionary if necessary.

Here: Per head of people making noise, they were easily louder!

They had less people making noise, hence I could not hear them. I don't care if a few chavs were louder per head.

A fair few of their fans were making noise. Probably just as many as ours. A simple lesson in acoustics explains why you couldn't hear Hesters Way's finest.

Why the butthurt that our fans were not as loud? Do you boast about it at break time?
Your hands-down winner.
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby FGR-Ledge » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:58 pm

Why are you still going on and on you utter wierdo.

Okay Cheltenham were louder than us, happy now you wierd creature you.
FGR-Ledge
Reserves
Reserves

Postby RyRover » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:41 pm

Chrisgump11 wrote:Towner, the club is working to extend the 'wet' terrace, install seats and erect a cover. EFL are aware and approving. Unfortunately, it is all taking longer than planned. As to the catering and other arrangements, previous teams who have bought their entire allocations of tickets - Exeter for one - have been pretty complimentary.

Spot on. WR is one of the worst grounds in the EFL
...Because we know Tranmere will come back but it's WOOLERY AT THE OTHER ENNNNNDDDD......GOAL 3-1 to Forest Green
RyRover
Reserves
Reserves

Postby FGR-Ledge » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:57 pm

RyRover wrote:

Spot on. WR is one of the worst grounds in the EFL

Oh no, you will start off Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Dee AKA Lughing Girraffe and Towner who will be most upset, and will start slagging off FGR to the hilt.

I agree with you though Cheltenham's ground is not great, and the atmosphere the 4 other times I have visited is atrocious. Far worse than FGR.
Last edited by FGR-Ledge on Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FGR-Ledge
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Silver Surfer » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:02 pm

FGR-Ledge wrote:Why are you still going on and on you utter weirdo.

Okay Cheltenham were louder than us, happy now you weird creature you.

Remember that he has to have the last word to prove to the rest of us that he is really very intelligent. I hope he is consulting his therapist about his obsession with OTC.
No animals were harmed during the creation of this message, but some electrons became agitated.
Silver Surfer
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby FGR-Ledge » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:11 pm

Silver Surfer wrote:
FGR-Ledge wrote:Why are you still going on and on you utter weirdo.

Okay Cheltenham were louder than us, happy now you weird creature you.

Remember that he has to have the last word to prove to the rest of us that he is really very intelligent. I hope he is consulting his therapist about his obsession with OTC.

Haha, very true.

OTC shows remarkable restraint with his stalker, far more than I would to be fair!
FGR-Ledge
Reserves
Reserves

Postby The Old TomCat » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:16 pm

I agree with those who wrote that the last El Glosico match had tons more atmosphere,
Completely different scenario then with both clubs vying for automatic promotion.
Cheltenham were in North Stand and that made the difference.

I'd love to have the North Stand returned to the visiting supporters.
That would make it a more enjoyable matchday experience for both sets of fans.

My opinion on Saturday a very low key derby game.
The Old TomCat
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Kentstripe » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:19 pm

The Old TomCat wrote:I agree with those who wrote that the last El Glosico match had tons more atmosphere,
Completely different scenario then with both clubs vying for automatic promotion.

What would be really good would to split the North Stand in half and have a fence between the two sets of fans. The atmosphere/banter under the roof with those acoustics which are the best in the ground would be great.

Get the noisier fans of both clubs close together under a roof and it creates a cracking atmosphere.
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby camel » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:27 pm

Kentstripe wrote:
The Old TomCat wrote:I agree with those who wrote that the last El Glosico match had tons more atmosphere,

What would be really good would to split the North Stand in half and have a fence between the two sets of fans. The atmosphere/banter under the roof with those acoustics which are the best in the ground would be great.

Get the noisier fans of both clubs close together under a roof and it creates a cracking atmosphere.

Yes!
camel
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Theoperator » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:38 pm

Kentstripe wrote:

Agree, in fact as I suggested the other day, give 30% of the North Stand to away fans, for seating if feasible, retain half the West for away fans, then the South Stand end of the West stand could revert to the hard core FGR fans that used to be there. Other advantages of doing that is Catering/ toilets easier for away fans to access, and both sides (West & South stands) cheer FGR on rather than some of the West Stand cheering the opposition.
Theoperator
First Team
First Team

Postby Silver Surfer » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:54 pm

Kentstripe wrote:What would be really good would to split the North Stand in half and have a fence between the two sets of fans. The atmosphere/banter under the roof with those acoustics which are the best in the ground would be great.

Good suggestion. Bristol Rovers do it at the Mem and it makes for a great atmosphere.
No animals were harmed during the creation of this message, but some electrons became agitated.
Silver Surfer
Top Manager
Top Manager

PreviousNext

Return to FGR First Team