All about our First Team

Wish dreams of Chelsea

Postby SNJ Ash » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:58 pm

SNJ Ash
Top Manager
Top Manager

Re: Wish dreams of Chelsea

Postby GETCARTER » Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:42 pm

Having grown up on the terraces of The Shed, Chelsea away would bring back some wonderful memories ( but lets beat Exeter first ).
GETCARTER
First Team
First Team

Postby NewForestRover » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:47 am

I Wish he would play more often because he's our best all-round player. He can defend, has blistering pace, can cross accurately and can shoot and score.

Yes, he's the player who has impressed me the most since I've been here.

I also Wish you will ensure in future that those you interview remove any jackets decorated with dead animals (or even fake dead animals) beforehand.
As much as I love Dan, I love foxes even more.
It doesn't look good to new fans who are animal lovers.
Always Looking On The Bright Side
NewForestRover
First Team
First Team

Postby Greeners » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:25 am

Hi NFR
People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women (or footballers) than motorcycle gangs.
Greeners
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Norton Boy » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:10 am

Looks suspiciously like polyester to me, pretty sure he hasn't turned pimp on us. :D
I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave.
Norton Boy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby NewForestRover » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:05 pm

It doesn't look like polyester to me. It looks more like a tail that would look a lot better on the fox rather than the jacket.

And how it looks is the most important thing when splashed all over social media.

Considering a lot of potential new supporters are taking an interest due to the green issues and the club's obvious respect for animals and animal welfare, it's not a good idea to give the wrong impression and send out a different message to the one they are trying to portray.

My opinion. That's all.
NewForestRover
First Team
First Team

Postby Old Git » Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:40 pm

Not sure I follow the logic there NFR . I'm always reading how wonderful our quorn burgers are as a replacement for meat. What's the the difference between that and replacing real fur trim on a parka with polyester fur?
If Forest Green Rovers get in the football league then Pigs can fly !!!
Old Git
First Team
First Team

Postby NewForestRover » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:54 pm

Old Git wrote:Not sure I follow the logic there NFR . I'm always reading how wonderful our quorn burgers are as a replacement for meat. What's the the difference between that and replacing real fur trim on a parka with polyester fur?

Who says it's polyester? We don't know. That's my point.
(maybe I'll ask Dan myself when I next come up there. Any excuse to have a chat with our star player!) :D

I started to watch the interview but before he even spoke, my attention was drawn to the jacket and I couldn't understand why he was allowed to face the camera wearing something that could be mistaken for real fur even if it wasn't.

If I noticed it so will others and some vegans even disapprove of fake fur.

As for Quorn, yes it is a wonderful replacement for meat. I've been using it for the past 20 years! I remember when Quorn mince and chunks were the only things available but now they make absolutely everything. I've not had a burger at NL but the Q pies are excellent.
NewForestRover
First Team
First Team

Postby SNJ Ash » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:05 pm

No animals were harmed during the making of this video.
SNJ Ash
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby SimonC » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:18 pm

Sutton didn't make the Quarter Finals last season, they lost to Arsenal in the 5th Round.

Lincoln City made the Quarter Finals as a Non-League club last season and also lost to Arsenal.
SimonC
Top Manager
Top Manager

Return to FGR First Team