Exeter replay

All about our First Team

Exeter replay

Postby Phil_mitchell » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:12 am

Potentially a massive game for the club.
If we get a big draw tomorrow it's a massive incentive to get as many fans as possible down to Devon. Christmas coming up money is tight maybe the club could do a coach deal for fans so we can give player the best support possible.
125 years and counting..... PRIDE OF GLOUCESTERSHIRE
Phil_mitchell
Top Manager
Top Manager

Re: Exeter replay

Postby cookiemonster » Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:19 pm

Well said Phil. I'll go whatever the 3rd round draw but I guess some may not if we draw Notts County away or something similar.

A second coach would be good, if possible to gamble and leave a little later than normal so that folks can finish work and then go.
cookiemonster
Reserves
Reserves

Postby dursleydog » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:16 pm

Given I'm a student down in Cornwall with no car, I really hope this is scheduled nicely for me cos it'll be the only away game I've got a hope of going to! (Boxing day fixture is of course when I'm home in Gloucestershire, typical)
Be a brilliant evening match if a 3rd round huge premier league club is at stake, really looking forward to the draw
dursleydog
First Team
First Team

Postby Tommo » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:53 pm

I'm not sure what sort of draw I want given we are in a replay and unlikely (in all honesty) to win. I sort of hope its a dull draw that won't motivate Exeter. That way we surprise them and have an even better chance of a top draw if we can win in the cup again.

On the other hand a top 6 Premier League team away would be exciting at least until the replay.

Either way, getting as many as possible to Exeter would be great.
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Kentstripe » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:12 pm

I think we've got a decent chance, we've shown away to Notts and Coventry that we're capable of competing away to the better sides in the league and with all our injured players likely to be back, there won't be much in it. Both sides play good football and are iffy at the back, with more space on the break I think we can cause them problems so expect another exciting game.
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby T50 BOS » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:16 pm

We are Number 62 so take your pick from the rest !!!
T50 BOS
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Fartvs Antiqvvs » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:33 pm

Tommo wrote: I sort of hope its a dull draw that won't motivate Exeter. That way we surprise them and have an even better chance of a top draw if we can win in the cup again.

On the other hand a top 6 Premier League team away would be exciting at least until the replay.

By the same logic Tommo, It would be the ultimate incentive for our team, to give it that missing 2% from Saturday, to really turn it up to maximum.
Quo tendimus?

Nos venit!
Fartvs Antiqvvs
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby candy » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:55 pm

Phil_mitchell wrote:Potentially a massive game for the club.
If we get a big draw tomorrow it's a massive incentive to get as many fans as possible down to Devon. Christmas coming up money is tight maybe the club could do a coach deal for fans so we can give player the best support possible.

I agree with you Phil more coaches ,more people the better fgr singing out loud. 2 or 3 coaches needed.
We should have half price coaches, In life you have to invest to gain as all business. Just imagine if we get a
Premiership side ie Man Utd, Arsenal, Home or away this is the FA cup so come on everyone. :D
candy
First Team
First Team

Postby Timb » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:33 pm

LOL. Tommo you should have got the train back to London and talked the the returning Grecians. They were of the same view as you but in reverse.

We are the greatly improved side and they are slipping. I hope it's a premier league team.

I agree with Kent Stripes take on the match.
Timb
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby andymac26 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:22 pm

Blimey, only WBA at home (if we beat Exeter).
andymac26
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Pitchfork » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:44 pm

Best draw since Derby County - this should be a real incentive for fans to attend the Exeter replay and the team to pull out all the stops to win & entertain WBA in January
Pitchfork
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby coyler » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:48 pm

Huge carrot for the club now to go and get a result next Tuesday.
Players will need as much support there as possible.
Exeter have a lot of work going on at their stadium so the allocation is around 300.
Disappointed if we don’t sell out.
"The people are free to do exactly what they are told"
coyler
First Team
First Team

Postby Tommo » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:40 pm

Timb wrote:LOL. Tommo you should have got the train back to London and talked the the returning Grecians. They were of the same view as you but in reverse.

We are the greatly improved side and they are slipping. I hope it's a premier league team.

I agree with Kent Stripes take on the match.

Of course, I hope you guys are right. We are certainly competitive and I too expect an exciting game. I’m sure we will cause Exeter problems but can we defend well enough?
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Engineer » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:46 pm

Will there be a coach going?
Engineer
Reserves
Reserves

Postby StadiumMgr » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:33 pm

Engineer wrote:Will there be a coach going?

Yes there will, and hopefully we can fill several of them.

News story will be published tomorrow morning on the away coach with special prices to encourage as many fans to travel as possible.

Cheers
StadiumMgr
Youth
Youth

Return to FGR First Team