Doidge catching the eye

All about our First Team

Re: Doidge catching the eye

Postby dangers » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:31 pm

What a model Professional - spent his Summer Holidays working out in the Gym & with a Psychologist. How many Professional Footballers would do that. We need to hold onto him - pay him over the norm for his input - period. You cannot sell this type of player for £££££ and use the so called profits for any advantage. His goals are gold. Christian Doidge you are an absolute STAR.
dangers
First Team
First Team

Postby NewForestRover » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:05 pm

If a player valuable to us (such as CD) is happy to stay we should do everything we can to keep him.

It's pointless trying to hang on to a player who doesn't want to be here (there was one recently but I can't remember his name!) ;)

Making money from selling has it's advantages but stability, team spirit and loyalty from players is just as important.
Always Looking On The Bright Side
NewForestRover
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Jamal Lacoste » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:46 am

dangers wrote:What a model Professional - spent his Summer Holidays working out in the Gym & with a Psychologist. How many Professional Footballers would do that. We need to hold onto him - pay him over the norm for his input - period. You cannot sell this type of player for £££££ and use the so called profits for any advantage. His goals are gold. Christian Doidge you are an absolute STAR.

Of course but you also can't stand in the way of his career. He is in his prime footballing years now - if in the summer a Championship or big L1 club comes in for him (which they will) you'd have to let him go.
63* forever.
Jamal Lacoste
First Team
First Team

Postby michael » Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:12 pm

[quote="Chrisgump11"]Not sure that I agree Michael. Coops varies his tactics, in fact it's hard to keep up! Several times recently he has been critical that his side can be shot-shy and I think we are seeing the result, notably from KMB & Reece Brown.

As ever it is a balance between possession, pace and people making incisive runs. We were poor against Cheltenham after Osbourne and Traore were crocked and we went route 1 (to little effect) as we lost the midfield battle. Against Exeter we got the blend just right in my opinion and generally outplayed a fine side. The finishing and defending was the difference between 3-3 and a resounding win

.""Because of the way we play and the build-up play, he's not going to get loads of chances but when he does get chances he tends to put

well Charlie cooper seems to agree with me !
call me old fashioned and ignorant of the modern game, but just seems odd to me that the style does not create that many chances..
law of averages suggests the more chances you create ,the more goals you will score.

it seems to have worked over last couple of months-but i am not sure that this style will be a long term success in league 2.
that given-going back to my original post-i do dtect a slightly more direct style being adopted now anyway
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tommo » Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:24 pm

Of course it would be nice to create more chances but I would like us to focus on getting a few more clean sheets again. The one we got at Swindon was very welcome. More today please. Meanwhile a single chance for Doidge can often be enough at the other end.
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager

Previous

Return to FGR First Team