Postby Tomiswalking » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:01 pm

Thank you stanman. :)
Tomiswalking
Reserves
Reserves

Re: Match thread from The County Ground (Swindon) CT

Postby Greeners » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:57 pm

Hi Stan
Whatever site you copied that from, Lincoln's local paper has the same, they seem to have got it wrong. they have missed out the semis.
Greeners
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Norton Boy » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:01 am

I doubt very much that DB needs anger management.He is a very calm man off the pitch.Some players run on adrenaline and a passion to give 100% in every game and Dale is one of them,take that side away and he wont be the player he is.
I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave.
Norton Boy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Chrisgump11 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:49 pm

I don't think anyone should judge Dale Bennett on the recent occurrences.

Last year and his the team's disciplinary record was up there with the best. Dale's red card in 2016/17 was rescinded and the only blemish were 2 yellow cards at the very end of the Truro FA Trophy replay. That aside, I don't think any player incurred so much as a suspension. The opposite of the poor record under Ady

This season, Charlie picked up a suspension for his card collection, as did Manny for that appallingly unfair red card at Chesterfield. I did not see what happened at the Exeter incident so cannot comment. But most of Dale's cards this year have been for trifling 'time wasting' type offences, not aggression. On Tuesday night, Coops was livid (as were we) that Dale was being constantly wrestled by his oppo yet free kicks were given the other way. So much so that after being thrown into touch, Dale was carded - absurd.

I think Dale was the whipping boy for the spat between Coops and the ref. When the Swindon player was dismissed, I commented that the ref would even the score after the next foul. Sure enough, an innocuous challenge brought Dale's second yellow.

Whatever happened v Exeter is the exception for Dale and the team. He's an all action player whose efforts for the team are prodigious and a guy who deserves everyone's respect
Chrisgump11
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby camel » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:37 pm

I admire Dales competitive steak which is how I see him, rather than angry. I think his competitive edge and will to win was a huge factor in getting back in to the Yeovil game which was ultimately our first win of the season. I think it would be a loss if we didn't have that in the dressing room.

The ref clearly had him in his sights and I'd write that red off.
camel
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Greeners » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:52 pm

Hi
According to the main site the next round is still regional this is also on the EFL/Checkatrade site/page.

Wiki has
Round 3
Sixteen teams will participate in this round. A 'free draw' will take place.

Round 4
Eight teams will participate in this round. A 'free draw' will take place.

Semi-finals
Four teams will participate in this round. A 'free draw' will take place. It will consist of single ties played at the stadium of the club drawn first in each tie.

Have the rules been changed or did Wiki get it wrong?
I suppose a regional draw is partially open.
Last edited by Greeners on Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Greeners
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Foggy » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:03 pm

Chrisgump11 wrote:I did not see what happened at the Exeter incident so cannot comment. But most of Dale's cards this year have been for trifling 'time wasting' type offences, not aggression.

It happened right in front of the section where I was sat, there was a bit of a wrestling match between Dale and his marker, it had been brewing for a while. During the time that this happened Dale pushed the other bloke in the side of his head with his fist, hard to describe it as a punch in the finest pugilistic tradition, but it was definitely violent conduct. Where I was sat, amongst people who had also seen exactly what happened, there was general amazement that he remained on the pitch after a lenthy conflab between the ref, linesman and fourth official.
The future is bright, the future is green...Forest Green!
Foggy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Location: The other side of the hill...living in the land of the eggmen!

Postby stroud green » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:34 pm

Greeners wrote:Hi Stan
Whatever site you copied that from, Lincoln's local paper has the same, they seem to have got it wrong. they have missed out the semis.

No they haven't. If you win the quarter final you win 50K. If you win the semi final you are guaranteed another 50K as loser in the final (or 100K if you win it)
Twitter @shanehealey

Club photographer
stroud green
Top Manager
Top Manager

Previous

Return to FGR First Team