To All The Pessimists Looking On The Dark Side

All about our First Team

Re: To All The Pessimists Looking On The Dark Side

Postby FGR-Ledge » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:44 pm

Pitchfork wrote:I am most certainly a 'half full person' where FGR are concerned: however I'm realistic enough to realise this season will be a struggle in the league. We will do well to finish lower mid table, but I am confident we will be above the relegation positions come April.

December will be tough with a small squad, injuries and suspensions. I hope true supporters show their colours and do not lose faith, January will bring in some much needed new blood. We have to be patient!

As for this week, on paper Exeter are odds on favourites to win the replay: and limited options, the bench will be a small one. However I fully expect us to be competitive and travelling fans will not be disappointed with the effort.

Saturday is a different kettle of fish. Luton are the top team in the division - yet they do play football on the deck and this will suit our style. A draw would be a fantastic result, we must not be despondent if Luton dominate and take 3 points.

Hopefully we can get Ossy and Trissa back for Exter, but certainly Luton!!

What has happened to them?? Thought they just had knocks! Where is Keanu??
FGR-Ledge
First Team
First Team

Postby Kentstripe » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:57 pm

Keanu tweeted last week he was gutted to be missing the Exeter game through injury, so I assume he's still injured. No details given on any timescales though, could really do with some of our midfielders back for Luton.
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby camel » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:24 pm

Kentstripe wrote:Keanu tweeted last week he was gutted to be missing the Exeter game through injury, so I assume he's still injured. No details given on any timescales though, could really do with some of our midfielders back for Luton.

With a picture that showed some of that tape sportspeople use now. Looked like a thigh muscle problem to my untrained eye but those tapes are used in all sorts of ways and that's a big guess on my part.

Hopefully we will welcome them back soon though.
camel
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Pitchfork » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:52 pm

FGR-Ledge wrote:

Hopefully we can get Ossy and Trissa back for Exter, but certainly Luton!!

Where is Keanu??

Sadly, can't see any of them making an appearance tomorrow
Pitchfork
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Norton Boy » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:58 pm

Ozzy went off with what looked like a pull on his hamstring and Alex looked to have torn his on Saturday, that can take 6 weeks to heal and if you rush it you will only make it worse, let's hope they weren't as bad as they looked.MC did say he hoped one player would be back for Exeter so I guess that would be Drissa.
I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave.
Norton Boy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Fartvs Antiqvvs » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:06 pm

Well, I'm enjoying the ride. Just like the old days fighting the drop from the National league. Unfortunately, there is no AGM cup to play for in our present league 2. ;)
Quo tendimus?

Nos venit!
Fartvs Antiqvvs
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby NewForestRover » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:59 pm

I'm enjoying it too. Can't compare it to the old days because I'd never heard of us then!

Life in general is pretty rubbish right now for a lot of us I'm sure.

So we need something to believe in and everything to look forward to.

Thank you FGR for giving me both and a reason to feel positive.
:)
Always Looking On The Bright Side
NewForestRover
First Team
First Team

Postby Tommo » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:41 pm

It was clear to me, I thought, that when DV said it would be easier to get promoted from League 2 than it was from the Conference/National League (in the euphoria of ourWembley win), that he meant relatively easy.

It took us over a decade for us to get our last promotion and several years since DV came on board to give us impetus towards it. I think he is expecting the next promotion to happen more quickly.

It was also a jibe at the powers at be who make promotion from the National League so difficult by only offering two places.

Personally, I’m glad DV sets ambitious targets. We may not achieve them all but we certainly won’t if we don’t have aggressive goals.
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby GETCARTER » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:02 pm

DV wont be looking to hang about - everything in the game plan is onwards and upwards.
GETCARTER
First Team
First Team

Postby Greeners » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:01 pm

Hi
Kentstripe wrote:Keanu tweeted last week he was gutted to be missing the Exeter game through injury, so I assume he's still injured. No details given on any timescales though, could really do with some of our midfielders back for Luton.

Have a look at tonight's team sheet
Greeners
Top Manager
Top Manager

Previous

Return to FGR First Team