The injury list and players on loan

All about our First Team

The injury list and players on loan

Postby camel » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:58 pm

Yesterday we managed to name 5 subs, which puts us in the position of Morecambe last season when they had the excuse of a transfer embargo.

By my reckoning we still have 5 fixtures before January and the chance to sign some new players. That's a lot of points or cup potential on the line.

Dale Bennet and Jack Fitzwater are both now suspended. Traore is on 4 yellows, Roberts and Monthe on 3.

Are we able to recall players from loan? Don't we have a RB out at Torquay in Callum Evans who could deputise for Bennett? Then what of Robert and Murphy?

Does anyone have a definitive list of injuries? I'm sure Mullings could play if needed, but he wasn't named amongst subs before he went out on loan when we only had 6 in one game if I remember correctly, so maybe he is beyond favour?

Surely the match day experience would also benefit some of our academy players, why not name them amongst the subs?
camel
Top Manager
Top Manager

Re: The injury list and players on loan

Postby T50 BOS » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:05 pm

Where is Mullings by the way? I know he came back from Macclesfield with "an injury".
Is he clearling snow from the naughty step??
T50 BOS
Reserves
Reserves

Postby madasahatter » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:23 pm

Are we able to recall players from loan? Don't we have a RB out at Torquay in Callum Evans who could deputise for Bennett?

Callum Evans is left footed, though in the odd cameo he appeared in, played on the right. If you remember he occasionally hared off down the right hand side , but when he came to cross the ball, he had to come to a stuttering halt and check back onto his left foot. Only to have his cross blocked by his marker. I did think he had some ability but he looked like a 'fish out of water' when he was let loose down the right.
madasahatter
Youth
Youth

Postby michael » Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:00 pm

along similar lines-when do the current player loans end.
fitzwalter/collins/lacivitti -all on loan i believe-and i thought it was only Lacivitti who was on a season loan.
maybe someone could advise .
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby FGR-Ledge » Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:13 pm

Bradley Collins is on a season loan I think.
FGR-Ledge
Reserves
Reserves

Postby camel » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:48 pm

michael wrote:along similar lines-when do the current player loans end.
fitzwalter/collins/lacivitti -all on loan i believe-and i thought it was only Lacivitti who was on a season loan.
maybe someone could advise .

I was under the impression it's only Fitzwater due to return to their parent club in Jan.
camel
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Foggy » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:56 pm

I scrolled back through the News pages and found an item back in July that said Fitzwater had joined us until January, so unless there has been any change to that agreement we must assume he will be leaving soon. However, I am guessing that we would be in a strong position to request an extension as he could hardly be described as being a bench-warmer, as he starts nearly every game.
The future is bright, the future is green...Forest Green!
Foggy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Location: The other side of the hill...living in the land of the eggmen!

Postby camel » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:09 pm

He's arguably been our best defender so far this season. I'd be happy to see him extend his stay. I didn't realise until recently that he is Darren Carter's cousin, so a bit of a club connection as well.
camel
Top Manager
Top Manager

Return to FGR First Team