Monthe

All about our First Team

Monthe

Postby View From The Pitch » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:18 pm

I appreciate we didn't have much choice but MM is just not good enough for the football league. He always gets beat, looks awkward with the ball and in his last few appreances he has been sent off. I hope when all the defenders are back and when January comes around he is shown the door and replaced by someone better.
. Goals are dreams with deadlines.
.Think little goals and expect little achievements. Think big goals and win big success.
.Goals are not only absolutely necesary to motivate us. They are essential to really keep us and dreams alive.
View From The Pitch
First Team
First Team

Re: Monthe

Postby tommyd » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:20 pm

He's not the only one not good enough to be fair
tommyd
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby FGR-Ledge » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:36 pm

Roberts is worse in my opinion.
FGR-Ledge
First Team
First Team

Postby 20yrs and counting » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:37 pm

In Mannys defence because he’s not a first team regular, when he does play, he’s often over eager which earns him a lot of cards.

Problem is in league 2 you cannot learn on the job. Despite his natural attributes he will be a perennial bench warmer I think for most of the season and MC will turn to someone who can last the match.

That I believe is number 1 priority in the January sales.
We’re black, we’re white, we’re flipin dynamite, forest green, forest green.....
20yrs and counting
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Tomiswalking » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:41 pm

I disagree about monthe, but then again I support my football team.
Tomiswalking
First Team
First Team

Postby michael » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:42 pm

and to think-quite a few thought Monthe was better than Curtis Tilt !

Monthe can still make it-but has to learn fast -probably in last chance saloon-as others state-too risky to play him ?
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby FGR-Ledge » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:43 pm

michael wrote:and to think-quite a few thought Monthe was better than Curtis Tilt !

Monthe can still make it-but has to learn fast -probably in last chance saloon-as others state-too risky to play him ?

He has the attributes to be a very good defender.

He is already far better than Roberts, who I think is shocking and has cost us so many goals already!!
FGR-Ledge
First Team
First Team

Postby Kentstripe » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:51 pm

He has a lot of good attributes, strength, pace and aerial ability but lacks a brain at times, which leads to rash decisions on and off the ball. I like his attitude but he is a work in progress. He also hasn't had a consistent run in the team, partly down to injury and partly down to suspension, which wont have helped. I wouldn't give up on him yet.

With Fitzwater back Saturday and Bennett available again after that, we have enough to cope without him for now anyway.
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tommo » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:06 am

I still think he will come good. Up to the sending off the Devon Radio guys thought he had a great game keeping their striker quiet and the previous sending off was harsh.
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby lovejoy2 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:42 am

I also think Manny will come good he’s an exciting player just has to be more controlled.

Agree about Roberts he is shocking. I don’t think it’s a coincidence that we concede after he came on and the only win recently was v Swindon when he didn’t play.
lovejoy2
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby dursleydog » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:50 am

Monthe is a fine squad player with plenty of potential to improve, I'd put him in the same bracket as Cooper. Don't want him starting every week but there's a good player in there and can fill in from time to time.
Roberts isn't good enough now and will only get worse, only good reason for signing him I can see is a route into a potential coaching role in the future.
We need a centre back in Jan, it's a simple as that. Iavotti and Fitzwater have both been ok but we lack depth and experience and they could both potentially be recalled which would leave us in a full blown defensive crisis
dursleydog
First Team
First Team

Postby Too occasional fan » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:13 am

What happened with the 2nd yellow? I saw the foul and didn’t think it merited a card, looked away and the next thing was he was being called to be given his marching orders. Did he do something after the tackle?
The gimlet of the forum.
Too occasional fan
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Theoperator » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:54 am

He needs more experience, he will come good if he is able to learn. We dont have that luxury- I feel he would be better loaned to the National League for the season and get someone experienced in.
Theoperator
First Team
First Team

Postby Pitchfork » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:01 pm

After VftP's introductory dismissive post about Manny, many rightly come to his defence.

He is relatively raw at this level, he will make mistakes but he will develop into a very solid player given time, good coaching and regular games.

In an ideal world he would be loaned out, but at present he is a valuable squad player who needs his confidence building after recent games.
Pitchfork
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby king giraffe III » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:10 pm

Pitchfork wrote: In an ideal world he would be loaned out, but at present he is a valuable squad player who needs his confidence building after recent games.

This is one of the main reasons we are where we are at the moment. Too many players starting matches who aren't of the required standard at present.
"I just don't know what went wrong!"
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Spike » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:15 pm

FGR-Ledge wrote:Roberts is worse in my opinion.

Totally agree, his performance away at Wycombe this season was the stuff of nightmares and he hasn't improved.
Spike
Youth
Youth

Postby king giraffe III » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:41 pm

Spike wrote:
FGR-Ledge wrote:Roberts is worse in my opinion.

Totally agree, his performance away at Wycombe this season was the stuff of nightmares and he hasn't improved.

Watching him is like watching some old act from the 1960s or 70s who are doing the town hall circuit. They've obviously been decent at some point, but the body is no longer able to keep up. It's not his fault, but he has been a very poor signing.
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby The Cumbrian » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:42 pm

I dont think Monthe is up to it at this level at the moment, but he could develop. He was good last night but his clumsiness will cost time after time.

Fitzwater and Iacovitti are excellent young defenders, if they develop they will do their parent clubs proud.

Roberts ... sorry, I would rather have Racine back or Ellis, even though I would rather have someone better.

Coops need to sign some more players who are well proven at this level. One in each department. Grubb sounds exciting, but there is still a risk coming up two levels.

Two other players I don't think are up to it are Omar and Luke (Sorry guys, you work hard and have a great attitude but not quite..). Just comparing the side with my other club Carlisle, 1st choice eleven FGR probably better, the rest CUFC far far better. I think that applies to most teams in league 2. Our fringe players would struggle to make the bench. Lose a few and we've had it.
The Cumbrian
Reserves
Reserves

Postby king giraffe III » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:54 pm

The Cumbrian wrote:Two other players I don't think are up to it are Omar and Luke (Sorry guys, you work hard and have a great attitude but not quite..). Just comparing the side with my other club Carlisle, 1st choice eleven FGR probably better, the rest CUFC far far better. I think that applies to most teams in league 2. Our fringe players would struggle to make the bench. Lose a few and we've had it.

When we have a best xi on the pitch, we look a midtable side. Injuries hurt us, but football is a squad game. What's unacceptable are the sending offs. Questions still deserve to be asked why our squad is so threadbare and under equipped for League Two.
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby The Old TomCat » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:31 pm

Up until his sending off Monthe was probably best player on pitch.
He is a lot better player than in his early days with FGR.
And those at Exeter game gave him a round of applause as he headed down to dressing room.
The Old TomCat
Top Manager
Top Manager

Next

Return to FGR First Team