Attendance v Luton

All about our First Team

Attendance v Luton

Postby michael » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:19 pm

I'm not one normally for this prediction stuff, but just to give us a break and move away from being suicidal over last nights missed opportunity,how about we have a thread on crowd v luton (at least no points are at stake on the attendance.

some will take the market rrsearch route and see how many Luton are bringing (my guess would be about 400/500 but have no idea really .
how many of us yokels -prob about 2300 -weather not great -going to rain apparently ,so that looks like about 2800 in total

I think most would expect it to be over 3000 ,but with it just before christmans ,and rubbish weather-i think realistically ,it won't go over 3000 much as most would like it to,and perhaps in autumn /spring it would even though its Luton
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Re: Attendance v Luton

Postby GETCARTER » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:32 am

2600 ish.
GETCARTER
First Team
First Team

Postby The Game Within » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:03 am

3100 with 600-700 from Luton
The Game Within
Reserves
Reserves

Postby T50 BOS » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:13 pm

If we'd won at Exeter then I think we might have hit 3000 but our fan base is still aligned to our results so I'd say 2600 with 800 from Luton !
T50 BOS
Reserves
Reserves

Postby andymac26 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:17 pm

2316. Sorry, 2315 (I can't make it).
andymac26
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby cookiesos » Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:11 pm

Its a big Christmas shopping day, traditionally bad for attendances, we have been disappointing so I expect
no more than 1800, maybe 2000 if we are lucky.
who cares anyway, we just want 3 points and a good game of attacking football.
cookiesos
Youth
Youth

Postby michael » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:04 pm

how strange is that-despite it being christmas shopping day, when i gave my estimate 0f circa 2800-i fully expected to be shot down ,with many posters predicting the crowd to be well in to 3000 plus-even approaching 4000.

as it stands-my prediction of 2800 is close to the highest-which i was not expecting.

shows how little i know.

if i am not careful-a few on here will be labeling me as one of those optomerist types as opposed to that pissimist label
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Timb » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:59 pm

I'm coming so back up to 2316.

Rovers Raffle tomorrow is First prize £300, second prize £150, third prize £50.

Don't forget to bring some spare cash and have a flutter tomorrow
Timb
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby The Old TomCat » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:50 pm

Forecasted attendances on Pitchfork's competition:

attendance

Highest predicted attendance 3414 & lowest 2001.
I've gone for a mid-range 2689 because I expect top-of-table Luton to bring around 750 away supporters.
The Old TomCat
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby michael » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:30 pm

sorry-note to 'self -must keep up.

i don't partake-so did not realise pitchforks prediction thingy also included the attendances.

did not intend to forumbomb another much more worthy and permanent thread
apologies
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby The Old TomCat » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:12 am

michael wrote:sorry-note to 'self -must keep up.

i don't partake-so did not realise pitchforks prediction thingy also included the attendances.

did not intend to forumbomb another much more worthy and permanent thread
apologies

Michael, don't worry.
Pitchfork's competition is small compared to what you were planning.
Do carry on.
:D :D :D
The Old TomCat
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby RyRover » Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:27 pm

822 from Luton

Because why not lol
...Because we know Tranmere will come back but it's WOOLERY AT THE OTHER ENNNNNDDDD......GOAL 3-1 to Forest Green
RyRover
Reserves
Reserves

Postby camel » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:56 pm

Sixty home fans down compared to the corresponding fixture Vs Dover last season.

I thought we'd get more now we are in L2, not less.
camel
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby king giraffe III » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:58 pm

camel wrote:Sixty home fans down compared to the corresponding fixture Vs Dover last season.

Don't be so negative.
19 years of upset.
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby camel » Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:09 pm

:lol: KG3, I am aware I will get hounded for pointing it out.

I do wonder whether we will ever get bigger crowds or make more noise with the ones we have. It does feel like L2 is passing most people by. If we get relegated it could be our only season in league football. It's so hard to get out of VNL and it will only get harder with the pheonix clubs coming up through the league's.

Every person I know who has come to FGR with their team for the first time as an away fan has commented on a) our low numbers b) how quiet we are

This tends to then make them ask whether a) we are excited by L2 football and if it's an improvement on last year and b) whether a lot of fans would rather go back down and be a big fish in a smaller pond again
camel
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby FGR-Ledge » Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:21 pm

One week before Christmas!!

Decent crowd I thought.

Who the hell are you speaking too?? I thought the atmosphere was good today from us home fans. Did not hear Luton fans at all apart from the goals.

Of course people are going to slag our crowd off, it may have slipped you by, but we are not particularly liked!!

Have you been to many away games, our atmosphere stacks up pretty well!!
FGR-Ledge
First Team
First Team

Postby GETCARTER » Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:23 pm

I was nearly right with 2600 - lets face it we never going to get 8/9000 + even when we have a new stadium.Too many go to Bristol or Cheltenham or Swindon. The rose tinted glasses are off.
GETCARTER
First Team
First Team

Postby FGR-Ledge » Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:28 pm

GETCARTER wrote:I was nearly right with 2600 - lets face it we never going to get 8/9000 + even when we have a new stadium.Too many go to Bristol or Cheltenham or Swindon. The rose tinted glasses are off.

How do you know??

Our attendances have risen amazingly in a shortish time.

Negative rubbish!! We are a struggling team, playing a week before Christmas 1800 home fans was decent.
FGR-Ledge
First Team
First Team

Postby king giraffe III » Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:30 pm

camel wrote::lol: KG3, I am aware I will get hounded for pointing it out.

I do wonder whether we will ever get bigger crowds or make more noise with the ones we have. It does feel like L2 is passing most people by. If we get relegated it could be our only season in league football. It's so hard to get out of VNL and it will only get harder with the pheonix clubs coming up through the league's.

Every person I know who has come to FGR with their team for the first time as an away fan has commented on a) our low numbers b) how quiet we are

This tends to then make them ask whether a) we are excited by L2 football and if it's an improvement on last year and b) whether a lot of fans would rather go back down and be a big fish in a smaller pond again

Oh, there we go. They're on your back, Camel. But you are right on the attendance. The Christmas argument being thrown at you doesn't add up for the reason you've already mentioned (corresponding fixture), but maybe there were loads of kids freebies handed out for the Dover match. I don't know.

I simply think that the buzz around the club last year has been dampened. Much of that is down to the extremely bad start we had and now the recent slip back down the table. It's compounded by lack of self help on the pitch.

I almost sense an air of resignation from some that we are too small a club to be in League Two, but you only have to look at Fleetwood, Accrington, Crawley etc to see that's nonsense.
19 years of upset.
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby camel » Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:33 pm

FGR-Ledge wrote:One week before Christmas!!

Decent crowd I thought.

Who the hell are you speaking too?? I thought the atmosphere was good today from us home fans. Did not hear Luton fans at all apart from the goals.

Of course people are going to slag our crowd off, it may have slipped you by, but we are not particularly liked!!

Have you been to many away games, our atmosphere stacks up pretty well!!

Yes I do go to quite a few away games. I'm not on about all of our fans FGR Ledge. I'm aware there are quite a few who make noise.

The people I know who have commented are fairly honest and legitimately asking about the club. A couple of them secretly admit to liking us, so don't believe it's all just simply anti FGR propaganda. They are simply pointing out that quite a few people don't seem too excited.

I'm just pointing out that our ticket sales were lower this year than last year on the corresponding weekend, seeing as it was the name of the game to guess attendances. If the club is ever going to be sustainable we need bigger crowds so it's a pretty important question to raise. It would be interesting for someone to do the same analysis I did today for all fixtures this year and chart them to corresponding dates last year and see whether our home crowds have grown much or if it's just swelled by away fans. I imagine earlier this season it was both and hopefully for the remainder too.
camel
Top Manager
Top Manager

Next

Return to FGR First Team