Attendance v Luton

All about our First Team

Re: Attendance v Luton

Postby FGR-Ledge » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:17 pm

Oh my goodness, what are you going on about! (Edited by mod to remove gratuitous silliness)

Oh and Pitchfork has delt with facts, you have not shown any.

I know who has the agenda here. :idea:
FGR-Ledge
Reserves
Reserves

Postby camel » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:15 am

Some valid points raised. Its a shame our stats from last season seem to be missing as I thought people were sag. Undoubtedly we are benefitting from the increased away attendance. I think my surprise was that we havent increased the home gate more this season given the leap to the league.

Regards the ambassador scheme I have written elsewhere that the model is fantastic. Hopefully it will draw parallels with our academy and youngsters coming through the ranks as they get older and we will see them on the terrace for years to come. I'm sure it has other benefits as well in terms of encouraging an active lifestyle at a time when children are spending more and more time indoors.
camel
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tommo » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:32 pm

camel wrote: I think my surprise was that we havent increased the home gate more this season given the leap to the league.

Maybe LM can help here but I had assumed that the 2017/8 totals (FGR and Away support) were just for the season to date. The FGR component of the crowd has therefore gone up significantly in absolute terms (although probably not as a proportion of the total).

Also, I think last season's stats are there but there is just a space line between them and the current season.

Very interesting stats and it would be good to see an update at the end of the season please.
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby king giraffe III » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:43 pm

FGR-Ledge wrote:
michael wrote:I can see why that reputation has taken hold: the club has adopted the font Ecotricity use, wear the company colours, have a badge designed by an Ecotricity employee and may be moving into a new home --- away from Forest Green --- that is in keeping with the Ecotricity ethos. FGR has, to all intents and purposes, been deliberately rebranded as an arm of Ecotricity.

Yep-certainly are-and whats wrong with that.
all good imo.

Most clubs are a marketing arm of a company-
newcastle-sports direct
dover-gomez

thats what sponsorship is all about.

the fact is that FGR/Ecotricity do it better than most.

I guess if anyone wants to invest £5 million per season for no return-they will be quite welcome at any sporting club

Totally agree.

Michael/Ledge, the Newcastle and Dover comparisons are false. Neither of those two clubs have been completely rebranded and their core identity stripped away. Neither of them will be moving to a folly seven miles out of town that will be no bigger than what they already have. And who is that proposed move for? Forest Green Rovers or Ecotricity?
Your hands-down winner.
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby camel » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:02 pm

The comparison is probably Cardiff who changed to red but had to change back to blue because of fan uproar.
camel
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby king giraffe III » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:15 pm

camel wrote:The comparison is probably Cardiff who changed to red but had to change back to blue because of fan uproar.

That blue shirt meant something to their fans as part of their identity. Sadly, few on the terraces at FGR give a damn, probably because they have no genuine sense of the club's history and its true identity.
Your hands-down winner.
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby FGR-Ledge » Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:15 pm

I actually think the bright green shirts do give us more of an identity than black and white, which is worn by far bigger clubs than ourselves.

I know you will completely disagree, just my opinion.
FGR-Ledge
Reserves
Reserves

Postby camel » Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:47 pm

FGR-Ledge wrote:I actually think the bright green shirts do give us more of an identity than black and white, which is worn by far bigger clubs than ourselves.

I don't completely disagree. I think they look good in many ways. Just pointing out the closer analogy.

I've not actually really shared my own opinion in this thread but will appreciate some will take it that way. Its such a complicated subject that I'd have to write a long piece to share my views but I do like a lot of what is done and not others. I'd be surprised if anyone likes everything their club
ever does though and that I am also not always right (in the majority) with my view.

My main point was to highlight that I think we need to do more to capture the imagination of those 'doubters' in the long term if we want to hook them in. I think otherwise you risk alienating a proportion of the catchment area that is often talked about with the new stadium.

Ultimately we all want the club to succeed. I do think fans need to be engaged throughout the ongoing changes at the club and consulted (e.g. a lot of people are concerned about whether there will be a standing section). I've managed enough change through work to realise most people don't like it and that ignoring that issue doesn't generate the best outcome for anyone.
camel
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby GETCARTER » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:57 pm

When i arrived in Wotton in the early 80's and came to support FGR, i did find it odd that the colours were black and white stripes. I really like the new green and black colours - they are quite unique and identifiable to our club.
GETCARTER
First Team
First Team

Postby NewForestRover » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:28 pm

FGR-Ledge wrote:I actually think the bright green shirts do give us more of an identity than black and white, which is worn by far bigger clubs than ourselves.

I don't disagree. I think you're right.

We're Forest GREEN so why wear black and white?! :roll:
Always Looking On The Bright Side
NewForestRover
Reserves
Reserves

Postby andymac26 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:06 pm

While on the subject of black and white....as a born and bred geordie with many years in the past following the toon, there's very little of concern with the running of this club in comparison, I can assure you.
andymac26
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby king giraffe III » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:32 pm

NewForestRover wrote:

I don't disagree. I think you're right.

We're Forest GREEN so why wear black and white?! :roll:

This post just proves my point about a lack of respect for tradition and history.

1. Forest Green Rovers didn't come into existence with DV's arrival at TNL.

2. You're Newforestrover, so why don't you live in the New Forest?
Your hands-down winner.
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Lady Magpie » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:31 am

Tommo wrote:
camel wrote: I think my surprise was that we havent increased the home gate more this season given the leap to the league.

Maybe LM can help here but I had assumed that the 2017/8 totals (FGR and Away support) were just for the season to date. The FGR component of the crowd has therefore gone up significantly in absolute terms (although probably not as a proportion of the total).

Also, I think last season's stats are there but there is just a space line between them and the current season.

Very interesting stats and it would be good to see an update at the end of the season please.

Tommo - All the attendance in my picture were from the beginning of the National League, with the space and then the current season in the Sky Bet 2 League. If you could see the attendance before the National League you often found only double numbers. Personally I think the current +57% increase is great with the home and away support proportional to other seasons.
Lady Magpie
Top Manager
Top Manager

Previous

Return to FGR First Team