BREAKING NEWS: Middlesbrough eye FGR midfielder

All about our First Team

BREAKING NEWS: Middlesbrough eye FGR midfielder

Postby SNJ Ash » Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:00 pm

Last edited by SNJ Ash on Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SNJ Ash
Top Manager
Top Manager

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Middlesborough eye FGR midfielder

Postby dursleydog » Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:12 pm

sell sell sell sell sell sell

reinvest in a midfielder who can help drissa and oz NOW rather than potentially 3 or 4 years down the line

Think this move would suit every party involved tbh
dursleydog
First Team
First Team

Postby michael » Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:37 pm

Not at all surprised.

consistently said he is a very very good player- -he is also young enough to be ever improving ,and thats why he will attract attention (and a good fee )

gut feel is that nothing will happen until the summer-but wish him well
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby SNJ Ash » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:03 pm

Rovers' best player today. View shared by Luton Town media, and two national press reporters.
SNJ Ash
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Pitchfork » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:16 pm

Scouts were eyeing up several of our youngsters, but it was Charlie who must have impressed them for the second time in a week. His enthusiasm and determination were never in doubt, his ability and vision as a midfield player are now far more apparent. He will be invaluable in our efforts to climb the table in the new year.

I would be disappointed to see him leave as he complements Traore and Osbourne well. If he has the opportunity to play at a much higher level then, I would be happier with a summer departure.

Charlie must be aware of the lack of opportunity Ethan Pinnock has had since his transfer: indeed it would not surprise me if Ethan was back in FGR colours in the new year.

I'd use dursleydogs word in respect of Pinnock returning rather than Cooper heading to Middlesborough

dursleydog wrote:
Think this move would suit every party involved tbh
Pitchfork
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby doggy » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:57 pm

Take it Charlie and get away from your dad, you will benefit from it, less nepotism aggravation and maybe time bench warming will sharpen your passing skills, harsh? Yes... but definitely true, always thought CC would play higher and can’t really believe how backwards he’s gone under his dad, coincidence? Maybe!
doggy
First Team
First Team

Postby Timb » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:22 pm

Oh, for goodness sake!. Everybody stays and gets us out and up the League.

And then let's see how the cookie crumbles.

It's not January yet. It's not even Christmas...

And also remember that at any level game time is light years ahead of "I'm a big club player" just ask Stuart Fleetwood.
Timb
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby dangers » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:28 pm

Charlie Cooper does not create anything in midfield - one beautiful pass forward that Stephens nearly scored from - otherwise plenty of sidewards, backwards completed passes - puts himself about - but nothing else. I must be missing his talents.
dangers
First Team
First Team

Postby Kentstripe » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:32 pm

doggy wrote:Take it Charlie and get away from your dad, you will benefit from it, less nepotism aggravation and maybe time bench warming will sharpen your passing skills, harsh? Yes... but definitely true, always thought CC would play higher and can’t really believe how backwards he’s gone under his dad, coincidence? Maybe!

Nothing to do with getting away from his dad, if anything it's more about getting away from so called fans who are actually abusive idiots that have tried to make his life as tough as possible during his time here.

Even today on the South Stand some of the negative stuff I heard people say about him was ridiculous, he was one of our better players. The lad is quality regardless of who his dad is and always puts in 100% for the club but quite a few people seem blinded by hate for whatever reason.

Not surprised he's attracting interest, he has the potential to play a lot higher. Shows what some of these so called experts constantly slagging him off know...
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby FGR-Ledge » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:36 pm

Kentstripe wrote:
doggy wrote:Take it Charlie and get away from your dad, you will benefit from it, less nepotism aggravation and maybe time bench warming will sharpen your passing skills, harsh? Yes... but definitely true, always thought CC would play higher and can’t really believe how backwards he’s gone under his dad, coincidence? Maybe!

Nothing to do with getting away from his dad, if anything it's more about getting away from so called fans who are actually abusive idiots that have tried to make his life as tough as possible during his time here.

Even today on the South Stand some of the negative stuff I heard people say about him was ridiculous, he was one of our better players. The lad is quality regardless of who his dad is and always puts in 100% for the club but quite a few people seem blinded by hate for whatever reason.

Not surprised he's attracting interest, he has the potential to play a lot higher. Shows what some of these so called experts constantly slagging him off know...

Well said.

Ashamed by some of the idiots on here tonight, embarrassing some of it. :cry:
FGR-Ledge
First Team
First Team

Postby garyjj » Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:15 am

If I was Charlie I'd do anything to stay, he's getting first team football and so much more experience here than he would there. Just look at Ethan pinnock. The last two games Charlie has been motm, yeah he put a few passes wrong today but who didn't!
IReece styches number 1 fan. (Tunnels)
garyjj
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Timb » Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:42 am

Bang on.
Timb
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby michael » Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:43 am

garyjj wrote:If I was Charlie I'd do anything to stay, he's getting first team football and so much more experience here than he would there. Just look at Ethan pinnock. The last two games Charlie has been motm, yeah he put a few passes wrong today but who didn't!

there was a newspaper article in the week that showed that the player with the WORSE pass completion ratio in premiership was De Bruyne.

He's not too bad a player though imo.
the fact that he makes other telling passes and scores a few, manages to mask the fact that he also makes a number of errors.
Does not just play safe-and maybe nor does CC (must drive his dad mad that he is prepared to take a risk just like de bruyne.
Great player-charlie cooper -always said so.

(that said-when Traore came on today-FGR looked so much more accomplished ,but he has 6 years more experience )
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby billycat » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:18 am

There is no such place asMIDDLESBOROUGH, its called MIDDLESBROUGH
billycat
Trainee
Trainee

Postby FootieMan » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:29 am

Evidence for article please?

And seems there is bit of journalistic licence by calling CC ‘the former Birmingham City star’.

Considering where the Blues are in the Championship if that were true I would have thought they wouldn’t have let their ‘star’ go in the first place. It was only 8 months ago they released him.

And before anyone jumps all over my post, i have never said anything bad about young Charlie. I am trying to be realistic once more about media speculation and balance up what appears from a few words written in a local paper that he his going to be bought for a BIG FAT FEE by another struggling EFL Championship club.

If he is that good then in the current position we sit in League Two we should not want to be getting rid of our supposed ‘star’.

We surely don’t need the money do we?
FootieMan
First Team
First Team

Postby doggy » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:40 am

FGR-Ledge wrote:
Kentstripe wrote:

Well said.

Ashamed by some of the idiots on here tonight, embarrassing some of it. :cry:

Wish people would read the post properly, didn’t put Charlie down except critique his passing which at times is woeful , he needs to keep it simple, I personally state he should be playing at a higher level which isn’t shameful!!? I however do think he would benefit from moving away from his detractors please before having a dig at my post read it properly !!
doggy
First Team
First Team

Postby FGR-Ledge » Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:01 pm

The cheek of you!!

You re-read your own post, it is embarrassing!!!

You basically said Charlie Cooper is much better placed to be away from his Dad who is mis-managing him massively!!

Who the hell are you? How do you know he is being mis-managed, I'm sure Mr Cooper knows a lot more about football and especially his Son than the likes of you!. However you and quite a few others in here seem to know everything about football and could do a far better job, I certainly doubt that!

You people criticise every last thing with a defeat no matter the context, no matter the detail and situation.

You have your opinion, I have mine and I think yours stinks half of the time.
FGR-Ledge
First Team
First Team

Postby tommyd » Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:13 pm

FGR-Ledge wrote:The cheek of you!!

You basically said Charlie Cooper is much better placed to be away from his Dad who is mis-managing him massively!!

Who the hell are you? How do you know he is being mis-managed, I'm sure Mr Cooper knows a lot more about football and especially his Son than the likes of you!. However you and quite a few others in here seem to know everything about football and could do a far better job, I certainly doubt that!

You people criticise every last thing with a defeat no matter the context, no matter the detail and situation.

I've never seen such a self righteous, hypocritical piece of work. If you don't want to read others opinions then don't read a football discussion board! You make accusations about people you don't know about them making assumptions. Do you see the irony in that?
Maybe cooper will get us out of this but maybe not but how dare YOU call people out for having a different opinion.
tommyd
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby FGR-Ledge » Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:18 pm

tommyd wrote:

I've never seen such a self righteous, hypocritical piece of work. If you don't want to read others opinions then don't read a football discussion board! You make accusations about people you don't know about them making assumptions. Do you see the irony in that?

I was told to re-read a post you toad!!

I did and put the said person right. Now stop stalking my every word, you piece of work!!

The people like yourself don't like criticism do they? You give it out in spades in your condescending way, but I argue it and you get very irate.

You have your opinion I have mine, I think your opinion stinks and will continue to pick you up on it, it is a message board after all.
FGR-Ledge
First Team
First Team

Postby doggy » Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:21 pm

Wow!! You really are a “ledge”! I state that CC would benefit from getting away from his dad to escape the detractors, do you actually comprehend what that means? It means him escaping the constant unwarranted abuse he gets from idiots who think he’s not good enough to play, something I have not at anytime said, in fact if you go Back to previous posts I have demanded people leave him alone!! You have no knowledge of who i am, as you say, so why make it so personal, it makes you look slightly foolish when you make it personal, as for mismanagement ? Where the hell do I say that? As stated please read posts properly! When I say get away from your dad it’s because of the nepotism situation, and nepotism means family bias if you don’t understand, again something I haven’t instigated as a problem but outlined as some people obviously see it as a problem. Hope that clears it up for you Ledge.
doggy
First Team
First Team

Next

Return to FGR First Team