BREAKING NEWS: Middlesbrough eye FGR midfielder

All about our First Team

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Middlesbrough eye FGR midfielder

Postby michael » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:46 pm

so reading the last two paragraphs-the alleged source (if any ) is not racine himself, and this merely repeats some forum speculation about 8 months ago.

Papers have a job to do and be creative in headlines (who did the 'forcing' -but this is as bad as it gets-and imo-the club should take serious litigation action on this one.

No doubt when AR left-and there was a settlement -that settlement was locked in as confidential- which may make it difficult to bring a case against this newspaper/journalist.

do i also recall-a copy of posters mentioning that they spoke to AR at worthing-and he was fulsome in his praise of FGR ?

i have seen too many things to normally get wound up over this type of stuff ,but this is shocking journalism in the extreme.
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby The Old TomCat » Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:58 pm

[quote="FootieMan"]http://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/forest-green-rovers-captain-forced-944134

Here I must state that I spoke to Aaron at the friendly match at Worthing.
He was still a long way from match fitness and I had doubts that he would ever play again.
Therefore I'm pleased to read that he will be fit to play in March and that he is assisting the Worthing manager.
Aaron is one of the best guys in football and I him wish the best. He is super intelligent and I suspect when he starts a full time coaching career he will be a success at that.
The Old TomCat
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby FootieMan » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:33 am

I can't be bothered to link the latest from Gloucestershire Live but after last night's euphoric win for Bristol.City they do a story on an ex Cheltenham Town player who was involved. What about an ex FGR player too?

This clearly demonstrates the local media issues without having to dig deeper.

I am amazed how little anyone has responded to the other article (linked above) which was scandalous but perhaps that typifies where many of FGR fans see the club and the press in the current climate. Perhaps I am old school and think there should still be values in your life.

Boxing Day this year will be the first that I can ever recall when I will not be watching a football match.

Merry Christmas to everyone. My last post of 2017.
FootieMan
First Team
First Team

Postby Tommo » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:22 pm

I hope that Racine got the appropriate support from the club. I think at the time it was reported on here that he did but we don't know and there is so much fake news around that its hard to spend time on items like this that one didn't witness oneself.
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager

Previous

Return to FGR First Team