BREAKING NEWS: Middlesbrough eye FGR midfielder

All about our First Team

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Middlesborough eye FGR midfielder

Postby FGR-Ledge » Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:24 pm

doggy wrote:
FGR-Ledge wrote:The cheek of you!!

You re-read your own post, it is embarrassing!!!

You basically said Charlie Cooper is much better placed to be away from his Dad who is mis-managing him massively!!

Who the hell are you? How do you know he is being mis-managed, I'm sure Mr Cooper knows a lot more about football and especially his Son than the likes of you!. However you and quite a few others in here seem to know everything about football and could do a far better job, I certainly doubt that!

You people criticise every last thing with a defeat no matter the context, no matter the detail and situation.

You have your opinion, I have mine and I think yours stinks half of the time.

Wow!! You really are a “ledge”! I state that CC would benefit from getting away from his dad to escape the detractors, do you actually comprehend what that means? It means him escaping the constant unwarranted abuse he gets from idiots who think he’s not good enough to play, something I have not at anytime said, in fact if you go Back to previous posts I have demanded people leave him alone!! You have no knowledge of who i am, as you say, so why make it so personal, it makes you look slightly foolish when you make it personal, as for mismanagement ? Where the hell do I say that? As stated please read posts properly! When I say get away from your dad it’s because of the nepotism situation, and nepotism means family bias if you don’t understand, again something I haven’t instigated as a problem but outlined as some people obviously see it as a problem. Hope that clears it up for you Ledge.


Fair dos I agree with your last post, it is not what you originally posted though.
FGR-Ledge
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 774
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:58 pm

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Middlesborough eye FGR midfielder

Postby Timb » Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:26 pm

Interestingly Ethan Pinnock came on for barnsley yesterday.
Timb
Top Manager
Top Manager
 
Posts: 5725
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:12 pm

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Middlesborough eye FGR midfielder

Postby doggy » Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:27 pm

Oh and just for the record “ledge “ if we are getting personal I will enlighten you to my FGR history... actually played at the old lawn , coached football, played football and lined football , oh and supported FGR since 1976, top trump that my friend !!
User avatar
doggy
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 838
Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:53 pm
Location: glawstershire

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Middlesborough eye FGR midfielder

Postby tommyd » Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:33 pm

FGR-Ledge wrote:
tommyd wrote:
FGR-Ledge wrote:The cheek of you!!

You re-read your own post, it is embarrassing!!!

You basically said Charlie Cooper is much better placed to be away from his Dad who is mis-managing him massively!!

Who the hell are you? How do you know he is being mis-managed, I'm sure Mr Cooper knows a lot more about football and especially his Son than the likes of you!. However you and quite a few others in here seem to know everything about football and could do a far better job, I certainly doubt that!

You people criticise every last thing with a defeat no matter the context, no matter the detail and situation.

You have your opinion, I have mine and I think yours stinks half of the time.


I've never seen such a self righteous, hypocritical piece of work. If you don't want to read others opinions then don't read a football discussion board! You make accusations about people you don't know about them making assumptions. Do you see the irony in that?



I was told to re-read a post you toad!!

I did and put the said person right. Now stop stalking my every word, you piece of work!!

The people like yourself don't like criticism do they? You give it out in spades in your condescending way, but I argue it and you get very irate.

You have your opinion I have mine, I think your opinion stinks and will continue to pick you up on it, it is a message board after all.


It's just very frustrating when you are constantly so obtuse and twist observations by others to fit into your self Maybe it's just above your head? as for stalking, I'm sorry you can't take an opposing argument in a forum and I'm genuinely sorry if I've upset you.
tommyd
Top Manager
Top Manager
 
Posts: 1805
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:19 pm

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Middlesborough eye FGR midfielder

Postby FGR-Ledge » Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:33 pm

doggy wrote:Oh and just for the record “ledge “ if we are getting personal I will enlighten you to my FGR history... actually played at the old lawn , coached football, played football and lined football , oh and supported FGR since 1976, top trump that my friend !!


Alright, fair dos.

Still don't agree with you though. Sorry. :?
FGR-Ledge
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 774
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:58 pm

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Middlesborough eye FGR midfielder

Postby FGR-Ledge » Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:35 pm

tommyd wrote:
FGR-Ledge wrote:
tommyd wrote:
FGR-Ledge wrote:The cheek of you!!

You re-read your own post, it is embarrassing!!!

You basically said Charlie Cooper is much better placed to be away from his Dad who is mis-managing him massively!!

Who the hell are you? How do you know he is being mis-managed, I'm sure Mr Cooper knows a lot more about football and especially his Son than the likes of you!. However you and quite a few others in here seem to know everything about football and could do a far better job, I certainly doubt that!

You people criticise every last thing with a defeat no matter the context, no matter the detail and situation.

You have your opinion, I have mine and I think yours stinks half of the time.


I've never seen such a self righteous, hypocritical piece of work. If you don't want to read others opinions then don't read a football discussion board! You make accusations about people you don't know about them making assumptions. Do you see the irony in that?



I was told to re-read a post you toad!!

I did and put the said person right. Now stop stalking my every word, you piece of work!!

The people like yourself don't like criticism do they? You give it out in spades in your condescending way, but I argue it and you get very irate.

You have your opinion I have mine, I think your opinion stinks and will continue to pick you up on it, it is a message board after all.


It's just very frustrating when you are constantly so obtuse and twist observations by others to fit into your self Maybe it's just above your head? as for stalking, I'm sorry you can't take an opposing argument in a forum and I'm genuinely sorry if I've upset you.



No problem, let's just keep posting our opinions and calling ourselves out if we totally disagree.

I agree with you that is what message boards are about. It's all opinions but we can all get heated I these opinions, nothing wrong with that really.
FGR-Ledge
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 774
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:58 pm

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Middlesborough eye FGR midfielder

Postby tommyd » Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:51 pm

FGR-Ledge wrote:
tommyd wrote:
FGR-Ledge wrote:
tommyd wrote:
FGR-Ledge wrote:The cheek of you!!

You re-read your own post, it is embarrassing!!!

You basically said Charlie Cooper is much better placed to be away from his Dad who is mis-managing him massively!!

Who the hell are you? How do you know he is being mis-managed, I'm sure Mr Cooper knows a lot more about football and especially his Son than the likes of you!. However you and quite a few others in here seem to know everything about football and could do a far better job, I certainly doubt that!

You people criticise every last thing with a defeat no matter the context, no matter the detail and situation.

You have your opinion, I have mine and I think yours stinks half of the time.


I've never seen such a self righteous, hypocritical piece of work. If you don't want to read others opinions then don't read a football discussion board! You make accusations about people you don't know about them making assumptions. Do you see the irony in that?



I was told to re-read a post you toad!!

I did and put the said person right. Now stop stalking my every word, you piece of work!!

The people like yourself don't like criticism do they? You give it out in spades in your condescending way, but I argue it and you get very irate.

You have your opinion I have mine, I think your opinion stinks and will continue to pick you up on it, it is a message board after all.


It's just very frustrating when you are constantly so obtuse and twist observations by others to fit into your self Maybe it's just above your head? as for stalking, I'm sorry you can't take an opposing argument in a forum and I'm genuinely sorry if I've upset you.



No problem, let's just keep posting our opinions and calling ourselves out if we totally disagree.

I agree with you that is what message boards are about. It's all opinions but we can all get heated I these opinions, nothing wrong with that really.


Agreed, let's keep it about the football. We all want the same thing at the end of the day and that is for FGR to do as well as possible.
Merry Christmas to you.
tommyd
Top Manager
Top Manager
 
Posts: 1805
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:19 pm

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Middlesborough eye FGR midfielder

Postby FGR-Ledge » Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:12 pm

Nice one!!

Have an awesome Christmas and New Year!!
FGR-Ledge
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 774
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:58 pm

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Middlesborough eye FGR midfielder

Postby RyRover » Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:54 pm

Calm down boys or there will be no ice cream for anybody!
Championship or bust
RyRover
Reserves
Reserves
 
Posts: 338
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:37 pm

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Middlesborough eye FGR midfielder

Postby andymac26 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:09 pm

All is calm. All is bright.....
User avatar
andymac26
Top Manager
Top Manager
 
Posts: 1292
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:01 pm
Location: Hampshire.

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Middlesbrough eye FGR midfielder

Postby RJBora » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:28 pm

Aww, by the time I came back with my handbag it was all over. :cry:
"Prejudices are rarely overcome by argument; not being founded in reason they cannot be destroyed by logic." ~ Tryon Edwards, 1891
User avatar
RJBora
Reserves
Reserves
 
Posts: 261
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:03 pm
Location: Illinois, USA

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Middlesbrough eye FGR midfielder

Postby doggy » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:38 pm

RJBora wrote:Aww, by the time I came back with my handbag it was all over. :cry:

Meet you outside Dorothy Perkins, gotta get mine first, if thats ok?
User avatar
doggy
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 838
Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:53 pm
Location: glawstershire

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Middlesbrough eye FGR midfielder

Postby tommyd » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:34 pm

RJBora wrote:Aww, by the time I came back with my handbag it was all over. :cry:


Be here earlier next next week just in case we lose again :lol:
tommyd
Top Manager
Top Manager
 
Posts: 1805
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:19 pm

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Middlesborough eye FGR midfielder

Postby Kentstripe » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:35 pm

doggy wrote:Wish people would read the post properly, didn’t put Charlie down except critique his passing which at times is woeful , he needs to keep it simple, I personally state he should be playing at a higher level which isn’t shameful!!? I however do think he would benefit from moving away from his detractors please before having a dig at my post read it properly !!


I did read it properly, what you basically said was he needs to get away from here because his dad is mismanaging him and he isn't developing, both of which I disagree with.

He is one of several young players at FGR who are and will benefit from the coaching they're getting here imo, especially as at this level they get a lot more playing time then they would at a bigger club.

My reply was just saying that imo a big reason why leaving might seem like a good option, rather then staying here, playing regularly and continuing to develop , is that some of our so-called fans can't wait to stick the boot in every time he makes a mistake, (or even before). That is no help to any player especially a young one still learning his trade imo.

It's true he isn't the finished article yet, he does misplace passes every now and then (like most players do) but he is already a very decent player with a lot of potential and a lot of the good work he does seems to go unnoticed by a lot of people. It's noticable that despite getting abuse he always keeps his chin up and puts in 100% every week. That is the sort of attitude and determination you need to make it at a higher level, which is why I'm pretty sure he'll have a very good career.

Like others, if he stays, he will benefit from the likes of Osbourne and Traore's return, as the midfield we had out v Luton mst be one of the youngest and most inexperienced we've ever fielded. Those youngsters need some guidance on the pitch, especially in a relegation battle.
User avatar
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager
 
Posts: 4976
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:08 pm

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Middlesbrough eye FGR midfielder

Postby tommyd » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:40 pm

I do feel for Charlie, he's not a bad player and is definitely singled out due to being the managers son however that is something they should and to be fair probably would have been aware of. I guess the thing is if you've made your mind up about him being picked for being the managers son you ignore all the good and then take every little mistake as proof you're right. It's confirmation bias.
Being the managers son you probably have to be 10% better than the rest to be seen as equal and he's not which is the problem. For his sake I think a move is a good idea and boro would be a great opportunity.
tommyd
Top Manager
Top Manager
 
Posts: 1805
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:19 pm

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Middlesbrough eye FGR midfielder

Postby The Cumbrian » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:13 pm

Cool it folks, you wouldn't hold a face to face conversation like that
User avatar
The Cumbrian
Reserves
Reserves
 
Posts: 352
Joined: Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:12 pm

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Middlesbrough eye FGR midfielder

Postby king giraffe III » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:16 pm

The Cumbrian wrote:Cool it folks, you wouldn't hold a face to face conversation like that


I would.

Anyhow, whilst I'm far from convinced by the story, I certainly wouldn't object to any transfer fee and wages being reinvested. Whilst CC had a good first half yesterday, his second half performance was very different. Never have been impressed by him. Lee Collins, on the other hand...
"I just don't know what went wrong!"
User avatar
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager
 
Posts: 2113
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:31 pm
Location: Penda's Fen

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Middlesbrough eye FGR midfielder

Postby The Cumbrian » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:56 pm

king giraffe III wrote:
Anyhow, whilst I'm far from convinced by the story, I certainly wouldn't object to any transfer fee and wages being reinvested. Whilst CC had a good first half yesterday, his second half performance was very different. Never have been impressed by him. Lee Collins, on the other hand...


These stories are rarely convincing, managers, coaching staff and scouts are all over the spot, someone overhears one in the CES mentions a players name and a rumour is born.

We have a lot of young talent in midfield, young players cannot be expected to perform for 90 minutes of each game, nor can they be expected to be good at reading the game, so we do need to bring in another experienced 'king pin' midfielder.

As for Charlie, I think he has been OK, not spectacular but OK.
User avatar
The Cumbrian
Reserves
Reserves
 
Posts: 352
Joined: Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:12 pm

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Middlesbrough eye FGR midfielder

Postby camel » Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:25 pm

Charlie is a decent young player and it will be interesting to see how far he goes. A huge favour on his side is how well he applies himself. Often referred to as the hardest worker on the training ground and you can't ever doubt his effort on the pitch.

As for the detractors and nepotism, it is wrong, but he is in good company. I hope he saw the interview with Frank Lampard over the weekend.
camel
Top Manager
Top Manager
 
Posts: 1177
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:57 pm

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Middlesbrough eye FGR midfielder

Postby GETCARTER » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:07 pm

If CC goes for a good fee, then that proves what a good signing it was by his Dad. There is nothing like foresight - the ability to look further than your nose !!!.
GETCARTER
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 981
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:29 pm

PreviousNext

Return to FGR First Team

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: paulK, Pitchfork, SNJ Ash and 3 guests

About FGR

We’re a club that looks to the future, but our identity is forged from a rich 128-year history. Founded in 1889, we’re one of the oldest football clubs in the world.

In 2017, we were promoted to the Football League for the first time in our history – which means we can spread our sustainability message to an even bigger audience. FIFA recently described us as the greenest football club in the world. That’s quite an accolade, and it shows how we’ve been able to bring together football and environmental consciousness at the highest levels of the game.