FGR boss to sign "four or five" in January

All about our First Team

Re: FGR boss to sign "four or five" in January

Postby michael » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:35 pm

where's the problem-help is at hand :

i believe both Rhys Murphy and Callum Evans have returned to FGR from Torquay.

who needs another striker when FGR now have Rhys Murphy available

the fact that for the last month of thier loan spells-they could not get in the lowly Torquay side is completely irrelevant.
(stranger things have happened -)
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tommo » Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:40 pm

SkunkMan wrote: Surely Barnsley could spare Ethan Pinnock on loan; I think I heard he'd been injured at some point but he hasn't started a league game for them yet....

He is coming back into the Barnsley first team gradually after what I think has been a couple of injuries.
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Kentstripe » Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:14 pm

Murphy won't play for us again imo, and nor should he if he can't even get into the Torquay team. Same goes for Robert.

Evans I'm a bit confused by, he looked ok when he played early on in the season and I thought he'd be a useful player for us but he hasn't made much of an impact at Torquay either by the sounds of it.
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby garyjj » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:06 pm

Kentstripe wrote:Murphy won't play for us again imo, and nor should he if he can't even get into the Torquay team. Same goes for Robert.

Evans I'm a bit confused by, he looked ok when he played early on in the season and I thought he'd be a useful player for us but he hasn't made much of an impact at Torquay either by the sounds of it.

Murphy has been injured and Robert has been in the Aldershot team, and doing well too. But completely agree both not up to the standard. Need to do our best to get, mullings, Robert, Murphy all off our wage bill in January.
IReece styches number 1 fan. (Tunnels)
garyjj
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby camel » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:08 pm

Huge January window for Cooper as a manager and FGR as a club. It really is important we get this right. I don't think anyone needs a reminder of our precarious position in the table or the consequences of not improving. January could define the future of this club for the next decade and if you don't believe me ask fans of Wrexham, Tranmere, York etc.
camel
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tomiswalking » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:23 pm

Totally agree with camel. As well as sureing up the defence, and sorting out the midfield, I would love to see someone who can get past people and run straight at goal , I think this would be healthy for the team.
Tomiswalking
First Team
First Team

Postby camel » Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:52 pm

TomIsWalking I'd love a player who can beat a man. A real pacey player who can get the ball on the half way line and take you into the final third on their own like Frear used to is so valuable. I have my fingers crossed.
camel
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Fartvs Antiqvvs » Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:14 pm

As an aside, is that Gomes's middle name printed on his shirt? If so, why not Gomes?
Quo tendimus?

Nos venit!
Fartvs Antiqvvs
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby NewForestRover » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:52 pm

Fartvs Antiqvvs wrote:As an aside, is that Gomes's middle name printed on his shirt? If so, why not Gomes?

What name is printed on his shirt? Is it Correia?

If so, the name uses Portugese naming customs:
The first or maternal family name is Gomes and the second or paternal family name is Correia (which probably explains why).

If not, just ignore me because I have no idea! :D
Always Looking On The Bright Side
NewForestRover
First Team
First Team

Postby Fartvs Antiqvvs » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:56 pm

!0/10 for that NFR. I believe you have sorted it. Any one else?
Quo tendimus?

Nos venit!
Fartvs Antiqvvs
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby 20yrs and counting » Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:22 pm

After today make that 8 or 9. Only ones I’d start after today would be Fitzwater, Osbourne, Dale and Doidge. The rest are surplus or bench warmers. Doesn’t matter if he adds 4 or 5, CC will still start, so will that really make a difference.
We’re black, we’re white, we’re flipin dynamite, forest green, forest green.....
20yrs and counting
Reserves
Reserves

Postby twinkletoes » Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:36 pm

Reference 20 years and counting.
Ditto.
twinkletoes
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Old Git » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:40 pm

Summing up the consensus on this thread then. We keep about 4 or 5 players from our current squad. We top up with 20 or so players in the transfer window. They would all need to be players who could string 30 or 40 5 yard passes together and play out from the back. It would be an added bonus if they could tackle or head the ball. If they could pick a pass or get a shot away in the final third it would be the icing on the cake. Any teething troubles and Mr Cooper will soon iron out the wrinkles. Let's all get behind the team and I want no negative thoughts or comments. I hope you've all got that. Good luck with that then. Merry Christmas because the new year looks a bit iffy.
If Forest Green Rovers get in the football league then Pigs can fly !!!
Old Git
First Team
First Team

Previous

Return to FGR First Team