Only a matter of time !!!

All about our First Team

Only a matter of time !!!

Postby John Whiffen » Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:49 pm

I agree with most posters regarding Brad Collins being a good goalkeeper but it was only a matter of time before we lost a goal to one of the many chances that our goalkeepers take.

Most supporters who attended the “Meet the Manager” session back in February will remember my question to Mark Cooper, when I said,” I rate Sam Russel and think he is a very good keeper but don’t you think he takes too many chances ?

Marks reply was “He doesn’t take enough” !!!!

So we can’t blame Brad when one does eventually costs us a goal.
John Whiffen
First Team
First Team

Re: Only a matter of time !!!

Postby Fartvs Antiqvvs » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:11 pm

More or less, full time with us, has come on in leaps and bouds, rather than shadowing at Chelsea.
Quo tendimus?

Nos venit!
Fartvs Antiqvvs
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby T50 BOS » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:34 pm

somewhat strange approach then John when clean sheets win games !!
T50 BOS
First Team
First Team

Postby camel » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:16 pm

I agree John, i think we have all seen enough football in our new style where enough players have been used over the last 18m to recognise some of our weaknesses haven't changed with personnel changes. I reckon we've had the best part of 20 CBs in that time and still have problems with crosses and set plays. Some of those defenders were fine with them previously as well (Clough, Racine etc).

I guess though that all styles of football have their strengths and weaknesses and you have to hope as a fan that the style you use is the one that will win the most points. You could maybe argue if that was the first goal we've lost as a result of that style over 25+ games this season we arent doing to badly? Especially as we were already in a losing position so could maybe argue we didn't lose points as we didn't manage to score.

But getting back to your point, I think you are right, give Collins a bit of slack. I reckon he has earned us far more than he has cost. At such a young age for a goalkeeper he looks a good bet for the future in my eyes.
camel
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby michael » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:13 pm

I similarly would not castigate him over that.

as i posted elsewhere-the quality of delivery-bouncing slow ball-and quality of decision making-throw it across the 6 yard box slowly /bouncing with a luton player nearby was even more questionable- -a hospital pass as they say.
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby king giraffe III » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:29 pm

michael wrote:I similarly would not castigate him over that.

as i posted elsewhere-the quality of delivery-bouncing slow ball-and quality of decision making-throw it across the 6 yard box slowly /bouncing with a luton player nearby was even more questionable- -a hospital pass as they say.

Having watched the goals a few times, it was a poor pass back to him, but Collins still had plenty of opportunity to connect foot with ball. That we are even discussing if he has won more points than he has cost suggests he ain't exactly all that at this moment in time.
"I just don't know what went wrong!"
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Return to FGR First Team