Re: Exeter v FGR: match forecast

Postby chrism » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:07 pm

Exeter 1 F G R 2
chrism
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Philpot » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:10 pm

GL2QPR wrote:I am going for a cheeky little 1-2 away win. How many are making the journey?

I’m with you

Just think how much an away win would change the whole mood of the club going into Saturdays game against Coventry
Philpot
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Pitchfork » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:39 am

There should be 150+, though it looks like the weather will be grim again. The last journey back from St. James Park was not particularly pleasant and those who made the trip to Carlisle on Saturday may be having second thoughts of another motorway trip.

Forecast Summary for Exeter

Today
Wednesday will be a cold and windy day with sunny spells and scattered blustery showers. The showers will be heavy at times with hail and thunder possible and may give some wintry flurries over the moors.

Tonight
Remaining cold with blustery showers moving across the region on a strong westerly wind. Showers heavy at times with hail and thunder possible and, perhaps, giving snow over the moors.

I'll stick with my 1-2, with Reid and Doidge both hitting the net.
Pitchfork
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tommo » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:04 am

Pitchfork wrote:
I'll stick with my 1-2, with Reid and Doidge both hitting the net.

Always good to come on here and see some optimism. Surely if we are going to survive we have to take some points on the road and tonight would be a great time to start. Its tough given the fact games have come thick and fast for us in relatively remote places but a point tonight would be a real boost for Saturday (which we need given Coventry's form).

Hopefully if the conditions are windy/blustery we will put more pressure on Exeter's back line with high balls than we apparently did at Carlisle.
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby SkunkMan » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:16 am

Exeter 2 v FGR 0

Quite simply, we don't create enough chances, especially away from home, to win many games. Although our squad has improved, tactically I don't think we are getting it right; with four creative/attacking players in Brown, Grubb, Reid and Doidge, we should be getting shots on target.

v Carlisle - 53% possession, not a single shot on target
v Swindon - 48% possession, one shot on target.
v Lincoln - 55% possession, two shots on target

So three shots on target in the last three away games :shock:

Come on boys, prove me wrong. Pllllllleeeeaaaasssseeee :roll:
"Winning doesn't really matter, as long as you win." Vinny Jones
SkunkMan
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Earl » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:59 am

I’ll go for an away win on the basis Cooper has just read SkunkMan’s post and seen the error of his ways and now understands the basics of playing to win a football match.

Exeter 1 FGR 3
Earl
Reserves
Reserves

Postby doggy » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:51 pm

Change of system please! Get that diamond back, get Dan in and we might get a .....2-2 !!
doggy
First Team
First Team

Postby The Old TomCat » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:59 pm

Update:
There were no perfect forecasts in Swindon v FGR match but three correct 2-0 Exeter results.
Congrats to Skunk Man, Dursley Dog & FGR123.
Their names will be moved upwards to next column.

The Old TomCat
Top Manager
Top Manager

Previous

Return to FGR First Team