Match thread from The New Lawn (Carlisle United)

All about our First Team

Re: Match thread from The New Lawn (Carlisle United)

Postby michael » Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:53 am

where is kentstripe when you need him ?

i need cheering up and something to hang on to .
I need his usual re-assurance that everything is ok and FGR have turned a corner.
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Kentstripe » Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:45 am

Away for Christmas out of the country atm and didn't really get a chance to follow the game, so not going to comment too much, other then it sounds like we were poor which is disappointing. Need to bounce back at Exeter, we've shown we're a match for them twice very recently so no reason we can't go there and get something.

Supported the club throughout several relegation battles in the past, and more then happy to do the same if that's what this season turns out to be. Certainly no need to panic yet though imo. A point gets us out of the bottom 2, so we're hardly cut adrift. Need to improve on recent form though, obviously.

Merry Christmas.
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Timb » Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:02 am

Just under 30 hours to go.

Merry Christmas.
Timb
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby michael » Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:33 am

enjoy your christmas KS.

lets hope your optimism for the new year proves correct.

MC obviously recognising the need for serious recruitment-which he has not (publically )admittrd previously .

I still want MC to stay and prove ultimately successful for FGR despite his blatant errors this season.

i feel a bit sorry for him at moment-as 3 difficult matches-nul points probably-he will not be enjoying his christmas much as the man responsible for this situation.

I hope he has a so much better 2018
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby The Cumbrian » Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:54 pm

Tommo wrote:Recent performances led me to believe we were a better side than results had indicated, and I was sure that we would pull away from the relegation zone. But yesterday brought a dose of reality. This team will be relegated, and I cannot see any decent player s wanting to join in January that is going to change things. After all the hard work, and the exultation at Wembley, this will be a tragedy

Yes the players have put in some great performances, the have matched Grimsby, Luton & Exeter twice all to no avail, why? I think they are strapped by Cooper's tactics, now, there is a danger of them giving up and frankly who would blame them. Although we do need new players I do think many of the ones we have are good enough or could become good enough to be in a league 2 squad. Bennett, Laird, Triore, Collins, Monthe, KMB, Doidge, Brown, Simpson, Cooper, Wishart, Stephens, Osbourne, Fitzwater & Iacovitti. That's 13 + 2 loanees. We need 20 to be viable.

And more importantly we need a system that plays to the strengths of the players we have not one that imposes restrictions on their skills.
Last edited by The Cumbrian on Mon Dec 25, 2017 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Cumbrian
Reserves
Reserves

Postby GETCARTER » Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:29 pm

Its looking increasingly evident that Liam Noble's crystal ball was giving out strong signals in August, he could see the potential in Notts County and our struggle,demise and non-progression. I take back all i said about him, and i am now refering to my astrologist chart to the future for our club. How could i have been so wrong - he really is a decent bloke !!!!. ( Not really.......its Christmas Day, and the champagne, cider, wine and port has taken its toll ).
GETCARTER
First Team
First Team

Postby The Cumbrian » Mon Dec 25, 2017 6:05 pm

GETCARTER wrote:Its looking increasingly evident that Liam Noble's crystal ball was giving out strong signals in August, he could see the potential in Notts County and our struggle,demise and non-progression. I take back all i said about him, and i am now refering to my astrologist chart to the future for our club. How could i have been so wrong - he really is a decent bloke !!!!. ( Not really.......its Christmas Day, and the champagne, cider, wine and port has taken its toll ).

If Nobel were still here and playing with the same commitment and skill as last season we would be in a much better position.
The Cumbrian
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Timb » Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:11 pm

Just under 19 hours to go.
Timb
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Philpot » Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:10 pm

GETCARTER wrote:Its looking increasingly evident that Liam Noble's crystal ball was giving out strong signals in August, he could see the potential in Notts County and our struggle,demise and non-progression. I take back all i said about him, and i am now refering to my astrologist chart to the future for our club. How could i have been so wrong - he really is a decent bloke !!!!. ( Not really.......its Christmas Day, and the champagne, cider, wine and port has taken its toll ).

Noble is a nasty bloke but all winning teams have one. Nobby Stiles. Roy Kean Norman Hunter Liam Noble Graeme Sounes
Philpot
Reserves
Reserves

Postby twinkletoes » Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:21 pm

Maybe all those players were nasty but they weren'the traitor that the scumbag Noble was.
twinkletoes
Reserves
Reserves

Postby SkunkMan » Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:23 pm

Martin Toms wrote: I don’t want to see us get relegated with the tag “best footballing team we’ve played” which reportedly opposition managers say

Do they REALLY? Can anyone substantiate this? I don't see it, I have to be honest. We TRY to play football, granted, sometimes it works, but mostly it DOESN'T because in my humble opinion, we do not have the players to 'out football' teams in this league consistently. And it's why we are bottom of the league this Christmas.

It's tight at the bottom and I have not yet given up hope. But we have a 23 game fight on our hands and if we do stay up, I think it is going to be by the skin of our proverbial teeth unless we make some changes.
"Winning doesn't really matter, as long as you win." Vinny Jones
SkunkMan
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby neal142 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:03 am

As a season ticket holder i must say that that was the worst i have seen them play this season , what was the DEF doing Charlie Cooper should not be playing he is not a league 2 player , he cant pass , tackle or even head the ball, as for keeping on passing the ball back to the keeper , i realy dont get it we should be attacking and playing two upfront we will never stay up if we keep playing like today.
neal142
Trainee
Trainee

Postby Timb » Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:47 pm

Just under 3 hours to go
Timb
Top Manager
Top Manager

Previous

Return to FGR First Team