Double Standards

All about our First Team

Double Standards

Postby camel » Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:28 pm

I think it's well known we have one of the most moderated forums and seeing the thread someone started about MCs position, which could have generated some informed debate, be removed reminds us of that.

What I don't understand is why it is okay for players to be singled out and highlighted as being not good enough to play for the club and that they should be sold or released, but it's not okay for the manager to be discussed? I don't see the difference.

The perceived silencing of debate doesn't help. If anything it makes things worse. I really don't think it will be long before a new forum is created at this rate.

People should be allowed to discuss whether the manager has got transfers, selection and tactics right. As part of that people should also be allowed to comment whether they feel the manager can make sufficient improvements to keep us in the league. It's a legitimate question, especially ahead of the second half of the season and a very, very important transfer window.

We should be allowed to debate this whatever side of the fence we sit on, or indeed sit on the fence.
camel
Top Manager
Top Manager

Re: Double Standards

Postby voodoobluesman » Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:37 pm

That's really true.

I'm for MC staying, but it would be great to have a thread to discuss this.

We can be grown ups, you know!
voodoobluesman
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby RyRover » Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:38 pm

NEW FORUM
...Because we know Tranmere will come back but it's WOOLERY AT THE OTHER ENNNNNDDDD......GOAL 3-1 to Forest Green
RyRover
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Tomiswalking » Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:38 pm

Here here.
Tomiswalking
Reserves
Reserves

Postby king giraffe III » Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:40 pm

I'm happy to post anywhere and everywhere!
Your hands-down winner.
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Old Git » Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:56 pm

Completely agree Camel. Seems pointless having a forum unless you can post opposing views. Unless your post was personal , abusive or insulting it should have been up for debate. Did the administrator give you any reason when the post was removed?
If Forest Green Rovers get in the football league then Pigs can fly !!!
Old Git
First Team
First Team

Postby Robert+89 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:57 pm

It's a good point. We pay for our tickets. We pay the wages. Why can't we have our say?
Robert+89
Trainee
Trainee

Postby king giraffe III » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:03 pm

Robert+89 wrote:It's a good point. We pay for our tickets. We pay the wages. Why can't we have our say?

Bottom line is this is DV's forum, so you can understand the mods protecting employees. Kinda highlights the need for an alternative.
Your hands-down winner.
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby camel » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:08 pm

Robert+89 wrote:It's a good point. We pay for our tickets. We pay the wages. Why can't we have our say?

I didn't start the thread, although I did post in it. I didn't see anything offensive or untoward on a personal level.

I think it's the latest in a line of them over the course of the season that seem to have been removed. I just think it removes the purpose of a forum.
camel
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Referee » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:10 pm

Reminder taken from the forum rules:

Personal attacks will not be tolerated. It is acceptable to suggest that, in your opinion, the club might fare better if a certain role was filled by someone else but it's not acceptable to demand the sacking of an individual. That's just nasty. Your comment will be removed and you may be banned from the forum.
Referee

Postby FGR-Ledge » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:14 pm

Referee wrote:Reminder taken from the forum rules:

Personal attacks will not be tolerated. It is acceptable to suggest that, in your opinion, the club might fare better if a certain role was filled by someone else but it's not acceptable to demand the sacking of an individual. That's just nasty. Your comment will be removed and you may be banned from the forum.

Cooper has said much worse about the fans before.
FGR-Ledge
Reserves
Reserves

Postby king giraffe III » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:18 pm

FGR-Ledge wrote:

Lady Magpie called me an aspadistra the other month. My post complaining about it was deleted whereas hers was allowed to remain. :lol: Made me laugh.
Your hands-down winner.
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby camel » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:19 pm

But what is the difference between that and saying a player should be sold or released at end of contract? It ultimately puts a manager beyond criticism, but allows players to face it.
camel
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby king giraffe III » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:27 pm

camel wrote:

But what is the difference between that and saying a player should be sold or released at end of contract? It ultimately puts a manager beyond criticism, but allows players to face it.

That involves consistency.
Your hands-down winner.
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Lady Magpie » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:37 pm

king giraffe III wrote:
FGR-Ledge wrote:

Lady Magpie called me an aspadistra the other month. My post complaining about it was deleted whereas hers was allowed to remain. :lol: Made me laugh.

I'm sure an aspidistra is a flower, flower. What's wrong with that.
Lady Magpie
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby king giraffe III » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:41 pm

Lady Magpie wrote:
king giraffe III wrote:
FGR-Ledge wrote:

I'm sure an aspidistra is a flower, flower. What's wrong with that.

Don't try and be cute. You know full well that it carries two insinuations. :lol:
Your hands-down winner.
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby twinkletoes » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:44 pm

Not sure that Cooper will ever be popular with the fans, if he got us promoted to Championship i'm still not sure our supporters would accept him.
twinkletoes
Reserves
Reserves

Postby king giraffe III » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:47 pm

twinkletoes wrote:Not sure that Cooper will ever be popular with the fans, if he got us promoted to Championship i'm still not sure our supporters would accept him.

I don't think you understand why he isn't appreciated in some quarters.
Your hands-down winner.
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby FGR-Ledge » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:48 pm

twinkletoes wrote:Not sure that Cooper will ever be popular with the fans, if he got us promoted to Championship i'm still not sure our supporters would accept him.

He does not help himself though.

He never gives credit to the fans and come across as arrogant and aloof a lot of the time.
FGR-Ledge
Reserves
Reserves

Postby twinkletoes » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:56 pm

Spot on FGR Ledge, I had a supporter next to me in South Stand say exactly that!!
twinkletoes
Reserves
Reserves

Next

Return to FGR First Team