Double Standards

All about our First Team

Re: Double Standards

Postby FGR-Ledge » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:00 pm

twinkletoes wrote:Spot on FGR Ledge, I had a supporter next to me in South Stand say exactly that!!

Cheers mate.

I remember Bob Hunt saying our fans were fantastic at Wembley and made a lot if the noise. Cooper just snidely stated it is easy to make noise when you are winning! Not one nice comment!!!

Most managers would have big-ed up the fans!!!
FGR-Ledge
First Team
First Team

Postby NewForestRover » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:07 pm

I didn't see the post but if it put more pressure on MC who is already under pressure after getting a few poor results due to injuries, suspensions and trying to get a depleted first team playing together again, I can understand why it was removed.

He doesn't need further pressure, he needs support!
Always Looking On The Bright Side
NewForestRover
First Team
First Team

Postby FGR-Ledge » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:11 pm

NewForestRover wrote:I didn't see the post but if it put more pressure on MC who is already under pressure after getting a few poor results due to injuries, suspensions and trying to get a depleted first team playing together again, I can understand why it was removed.

True to a point.

However Cooper needs to sort this rubbish out, he is very well paid to do so, he needs to start earning his money now!!!
FGR-Ledge
First Team
First Team

Postby Robert+89 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:13 pm

With Mark still in charge will be go back down. The only time this season when we won was with c.cooper out the team. Let's face it he's not going to get dropped
Robert+89
Youth
Youth

Postby camel » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:16 pm

NewForestRover wrote:I didn't see the post but if it put more pressure on MC who is already under pressure after getting a few poor results due to injuries, suspensions and trying to get a depleted first team playing together again, I can understand why it was removed.

Part of having that thread would be that people, like you, who want to support him can have your say. The benefit of informed debate, is that people's posts can change opinions. It applies to both sides of the argument.

I'm still yet to understand the difference between posting about the manager in that way and a player. The same about pressure could apply to players like Roberts, Brad Collins and Charlie Cooper etc who have seemed to come under flak recently. Yet those posts remain. Mark Cooper should, by this stage of his career be the most resilient, especially with the role he has taken on.
camel
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby voodoobluesman » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:17 pm

Referee wrote:Reminder taken from the forum rules:

Personal attacks will not be tolerated. It is acceptable to suggest that, in your opinion, the club might fare better if a certain role was filled by someone else but it's not acceptable to demand the sacking of an individual. That's just nasty. Your comment will be removed and you may be banned from the forum.

So, as long as we say that we would do better with another manager, rather than 'sack Cooper', that's OK?
voodoobluesman
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby king giraffe III » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:24 pm

camel wrote:

Part of having that thread would be that people, like you, who want to support him can have your say. The benefit of informed debate, is that people's posts can change opinions. It applies to both sides of the argument.

That assumes NFR brings informed debate to the table. She doesn't. Just happy clappy, out of touch nonsense from afar.
"I just don't know what went wrong!"
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby The Old TomCat » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:36 pm

Robert+89 wrote: The only time this season when we won was with c.cooper out the team.

I wanted to check that fact.
Went to the FGR website and found that Charlie's match details missing!!!!!!!
However checked the match results up until and including Coventry and Charlie was present at all four wins: Yeovil 4-3, Newport 2-0 [CT Cup], Cheltenham [CT Cup] & Coventry.
His loss from team because of that horrendous tackle coincided with arrival of Isaiah Osbourne and run of good results.
The Old TomCat
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tomiswalking » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:39 pm

Personal attacks will not be tolerated. It is acceptable to suggest that, in your opinion, the club might fare better if a certain role was filled by someone else but it's not acceptable to demand the sacking of an individual. That's just nasty. Your comment will be removed and you may be banned from the forum.

we are bottom of the league it only seems right, in my opinion, that we question our manager's performance
Tomiswalking
First Team
First Team

Postby camel » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:52 pm

voodoobluesman wrote:

So, as long as we say that we would do better with another manager, rather than 'sack Cooper', that's OK?

:lol:

How about a thread

"should Mark Cooper be PROMOTED to a new non executive role and a then bring in a new manager to take on all of his footballing responsibilities?".

I imagine we could debate that.
camel
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby andymac26 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:33 am

voodoobluesman wrote:

That's how read it. You can't ask for 6 eggs. You have to say you'd prefer half a dozen seemingly. Yawn.
andymac26
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tomiswalking » Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:40 pm

Promoted to what though camel. I am struggling to think of a suitable position.
Tomiswalking
First Team
First Team

Postby camel » Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:47 pm

Tomiswalking wrote:Promoted to what though camel. I am struggling to think of a suitable position.

Sounds like there might be a job as a steward soon.
camel
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Seat C32 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:08 pm

Head of humour!!
Seat C32
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby nwrover » Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:37 pm

I didn’t start the post but posted second noting, humourlessly I thought, that the n Korea censorship would soon arrive... and they did!

We must be the only place in the western world that doesn’t allow free speech

It is truly shocking...

( perhaps this will be deleted now)
nwrover
Reserves
Reserves

Postby camel » Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:47 pm

nwrover wrote:I didn’t start the post but posted second noting, humourlessly I thought, that the n Korea censorship would soon arrive... and they did!

We must be the only place in the western world that doesn’t allow free speech

It is truly shocking...

( perhaps this will be deleted now)

To be honest I find this is all becoming a bit confusing. I still haven't seen a legitimate argument made as to why it's okay for us to discuss a players future but not a manager. I still think stifling debate only makes things worse.
camel
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby tommyd » Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:44 am

The original thread was mine I believe, I asked if it was time for a change, it was deleted. There's now a thread asking how much time cooper will have. Exactly the same meaning just worded differently, it's pathetic. To all those interested there is an FGR discussion group on Facebook where informed debate is allowed and different opinions discussed without the pettiness and self righteousness shown on here. I shall be predominantly posting there now.
tommyd
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby camel » Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:50 am

tommyd wrote:The original thread was mine I believe, I asked if it was time for a change, it was deleted. There's now a thread asking how much time cooper will have. Exactly the same meaning just worded differently, it's pathetic. To all those interested there is an FGR discussion group on Facebook where informed debate is allowed and different opinions discussed without the pettiness and self righteousness shown on here. I shall be predominantly posting there now.

You aren't the only person who has said that. This is why preventing debate won't work in the long run.
camel
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Lady Magpie » Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:47 pm

tommyd wrote:The original thread was mine I believe, I asked if it was time for a change, it was deleted. There's now a thread asking how much time cooper will have. Exactly the same meaning just worded differently, it's pathetic. To all those interested there is an FGR discussion group on Facebook where informed debate is allowed and different opinions discussed without the pettiness and self righteousness shown on here. I shall be predominantly posting there now.

The reason being, one is the official forum belonging to the club and has rules, whereas the Facebook discussion group you can say what you flipping like, and I have.
Lady Magpie
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tomiswalking » Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:57 pm

Does the forum belong to ecotricity?

Or the supporters at a football club?
Tomiswalking
First Team
First Team

PreviousNext

Return to FGR First Team