Home fans being kicked out again.

All about our First Team

Home fans being kicked out again.

Postby Phil_mitchell » Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:29 am

This post has been removed
Last edited by Phil_mitchell on Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
125 years and counting..... PRIDE OF GLOUCESTERSHIRE
Phil_mitchell
Top Manager
Top Manager

Re: Home fans being kicked out again.

Postby Tomiswalking » Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:32 am

Weird, i have never seen any trouble.
Tomiswalking
Reserves
Reserves

Postby FGR-Ledge » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:24 am

We need more support, not less support!!

Who in the club us making these terrible decisions and allowing these awful stewards to feel so power hungry??

Getting really angry at this club now in more ways than one!!! The South stand has some of our most loyal support!!
FGR-Ledge
Reserves
Reserves

Postby camel » Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:07 am

Again?!

Obviously there are two sides to every story but from my experience....

I can honestly say I've never seen any trouble in SS and let's face it our fans are pretty well behaved.

The real shame is the seeming lack of action taken against away fans in the home end etc, but how quick the stewards / club seem to be to kick out our own fans.
camel
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby GETCARTER » Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:24 am

What trouble ?. Being sat in East Stand, I've not witnessed any.
GETCARTER
First Team
First Team

Postby Tommo » Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:36 am

I thought that the South Stand did a good job of making some noise yesterday in trying circumstances. I hope the stewards weren't heavy handed since we need vocal support.
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby 20yrs and counting » Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:05 pm

The South Stand youngsters are a good bunch, just harmless fun trying to create an atmosphere. Any details on how many/who/what age of those removed. Believe stewarding has been far too heavy handed with home fans for at least 3 seasons. Very sad to hear more has happened.
20yrs and counting
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Irish-Rover » Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:01 pm

5 lads removed from South Stand yesterday. 1 didn't make it into the ground after a steward refused him entry to the Green Man in order to use the toilet. Fan argued his point but was told he wouldn't be allowed inside the stadium. Same steward, (outside the Green Man; Steward no. 33), then stated that said fan, and anyone else who tried to stand up for him, would have their jaws broken. Several other fans witnessed this and I believe a formal complaint has been raised - I would expect the club to investigate.

Other incidents involving people being ejected were also minor but no dialogue between the stewards and fans in order to de-escalate such petty situations (as i've witnessed at other league clubs). Power seems to be getting to their heads and I think the club should act. These are young lads who travel up and down the country watching Rovers, not the trouble making, violent hooligans that the Stewards like to make out.
Irish-Rover
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Phil_mitchell » Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:09 pm

I've been told by several stewards on several occasions that the club have told them that they want all bad eggs removed from club. Myself included another protest on the cards for wycombe even talk of a home game boycott.
125 years and counting..... PRIDE OF GLOUCESTERSHIRE
Phil_mitchell
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby FGR-Ledge » Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:16 pm

Phil_mitchell wrote:I've been told by several stewards on several occasions that the club have told them that they want all bad eggs removed from club. Myself included another protest on the cards for wycombe even talk of a home game boycott.

I smell bull c..p from these bulky stewards!! Sounds like they are making this up to nesscatate their bully-boy tactics!!

I think we all need to complain to the club and get rid of these bully stewards once and for all!!!

This must be stopped before it kills the essence of our great club!! Bullies in any format should not win, especially at FGR!!!

Lets not stay away as these cretins then win, lets protest and keep complaining about them!!!
FGR-Ledge
Reserves
Reserves

Postby T50 BOS » Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:19 pm

There were 2 young lads who sat a few rows down from me in the East Stand after the game had started yesterday. There were a few friendly chants from people in the South Stand which unfortunately blew their cover and a lurking steward spotted them. The next time I looked they'd gone .... presumably removed based on PM's post ??
No idea what's going on but there must be "Another Way" of handling this so we don't lose the few people who stop this place being a library !!!
T50 BOS
Reserves
Reserves

Postby 20yrs and counting » Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:31 pm

Personally I would have called the Police about steward 33 if it was me and witnesses present. As the club isn’t doing much about poor stewarding maybe it needs escalating to other authorities.

Would not blame youngsters if they boycotted, home fans treated poorly for years.
20yrs and counting
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Tomiswalking » Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:32 pm

FGR-Ledge wrote:
Phil_mitchell wrote:I've been told by several stewards on several occasions that the club have told them that they want all bad eggs removed from club. Myself included another protest on the cards for wycombe even talk of a home game boycott.

I smell bull c..p from these bulky stewards!! Sounds like they are making this up to nesscatate their bully-boy tactics!!

I think we all need to complain to the club and get rid of these bully stewards once and for all!!!

This must be stopped before it kills the essence of our great club!! Bullies in any format should not win, especially at FGR!!!

Lets not stay away as these cretins then win, lets protest and keep complaining about them!!!

I remember once that chap from the corporation came here to talk to us, but then never returned.
Tomiswalking
Reserves
Reserves

Postby FGR-Ledge » Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:39 pm

T50 BOS wrote:There were 2 young lads who sat a few rows down from me in the East Stand after the game had started yesterday. There were a few friendly chants from people in the South Stand which unfortunately blew their cover and a lurking steward spotted them. The next time I looked they'd gone .... presumably removed based on PM's post ??
No idea what's going on but there must be "Another Way" of handling this so we don't lose the few people who stop this place being a library !!!

Complain Complain Complain!!!

Let's rid ourselves of these people!!!!!!
FGR-Ledge
Reserves
Reserves

Postby king giraffe III » Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:50 pm

FGR-Ledge wrote:
T50 BOS wrote:There were 2 young lads who sat a few rows down from me in the East Stand after the game had started yesterday. There were a few friendly chants from people in the South Stand which unfortunately blew their cover and a lurking steward spotted them. The next time I looked they'd gone .... presumably removed based on PM's post ??

Complain Complain Complain!!!

Let's rid ourselves of these people!!!!!!

Just like that priest in Canterbury during 1170.
Your hands-down winner.
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Kentstripe » Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:56 pm

Communication is key. Who at the club liases between the board and fans, and why do these issues keep happening?

The club should be doing as much as it can to make supporters feel valued, and make sure all rules are made transparent and applied fairly. Rumours/allegations of poor treatment of individuals by stewards etc do no one any favours. The club needs to address this imo.
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby king giraffe III » Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:00 pm

Kentstripe wrote:Communication is key. Who at the club liases between the board and fans, and why do these issues keep happening?

The club should be doing as much as it can to make supporters feel valued, and make sure all rules are made transparent and applied fairly. Rumours of poor treatment do no one any favours.

It is easier to go after home fans as they come back week after week. You'll see the Crewe fans etc once a season, so they're not so much of an issue.

With regard to communication, who knows? It is an area that requires massive improvement.
Your hands-down winner.
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Cotswold farmer » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:57 pm

Irish-Rover wrote:5 lads removed from South Stand yesterday. 1 didn't make it into the ground after a steward refused him entry to the Green Man in order to use the toilet. Fan argued his point but was told he wouldn't be allowed inside the stadium. Same steward, (outside the Green Man; Steward no. 33), then stated that said fan, and anyone else who tried to stand up for him, would have their jaws broken. Several other fans witnessed this and I believe a formal complaint has been raised - I would expect the club to investigate.

Other incidents involving people being ejected were also minor but no dialogue between the stewards and fans in order to de-escalate such petty situations (as i've witnessed at other league clubs). Power seems to be getting to their heads and I think the club should act. These are young lads who travel up and down the country watching Rovers, not the trouble making, violent hooligans that the Stewards like to make out.

Im going to be perfectly frank some of the stewards we employ in my opinion are the sort of people who should never be given authority over anyone.
The type of person who would make a vindictive traffic warden or swimming pool attendant or a career corporal in the army, The club really needs to address this problem as if and I say if a supporter was threated in such a way by a "steward" and it is proven that person should be dismissed.
Ive seen plenty of good stewards and football and rugby but im afraid I wouldn't put ours on that list our club really needs to listen for once and study the facts im sorry I don't rate a number of our stewards their attitude stinks and their inter personal skills are none existent in my personal opinion.
Cotswold farmer
Youth
Youth

Postby Tomiswalking » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:03 pm

Kentstripe wrote:Communication is key. Who at the club liases between the board and fans, and why do these issues keep happening?

This is it for me. Surely pitchfork can't do everything? There must be a clearer process we can use.

Community should be key in 2018.
Tomiswalking
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Cotswold farmer » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:08 pm

Tomiswalking wrote:

This is it for me. Surely pitchfork can't do everything? There must be a clearer process we can use.

Community should be key in 2018.

In my opinion because is no real liaison between the club and its support and at present the club in my humble opinion appear happy with that arrangement. I agree communication is the key but it takes two to tango?
Cotswold farmer
Youth
Youth

Next

Return to FGR First Team