Home fans being kicked out again.

All about our First Team

Re: Home fans being kicked out again.

Postby FGR-Ledge » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:28 pm

Seriously well said Cotswold Farmer!!

These stewards we have seem to have got massively too big for their boots, the club needs to listen for once before fans have had enough!
FGR-Ledge
Reserves
Reserves

Postby michael » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:59 pm

Is stewarding a bit like referring-done well if they go un-noticed .

frankly-i never give a minutes thought to the stewarding (minor exception-the game where it rained continuosly a couple of months ago ).

but otherwise-never crosses my mind-i guess i don't go looking for them-and they don't go looking for me.

i see a few people wandering around in a viz vest, but otherwise never think twice about them.
i'm simply there to watch a football match ,and oblivious to anything/everyone else.
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby king giraffe III » Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:52 pm

Irish-Rover wrote:5 lads removed from South Stand yesterday. 1 didn't make it into the ground after a steward refused him entry to the Green Man in order to use the toilet. Fan argued his point but was told he wouldn't be allowed inside the stadium. Same steward, (outside the Green Man; Steward no. 33), then stated that said fan, and anyone else who tried to stand up for him, would have their jaws broken. Several other fans witnessed this and I believe a formal complaint has been raised - I would expect the club to investigate.

Other incidents involving people being ejected were also minor but no dialogue between the stewards and fans in order to de-escalate such petty situations (as i've witnessed at other league clubs). Power seems to be getting to their heads and I think the club should act. These are young lads who travel up and down the country watching Rovers, not the trouble making, violent hooligans that the Stewards like to make out.

Some stewards just tend to be no more than doormen, plenty of whom are licensed thugs. Some of the 'event management' companies will give anyone a job.
Your hands-down winner.
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby candy » Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:33 am

Tomiswalking wrote:Weird, i have never seen any trouble.

Just had to say we had 1000 fan's 2 years ago at home games. Now we average nearly 2000 fan's at home.
The south stand boosts the atmosphere with the singing, I've not heard anything serious. Why double the
size of the crowd only to stopping a few lads having a laugh come on wise up. If you our serious wanting
a 5000 stadium, encouraging more fgr fan's extra 1000 for new stadium.Do not kick fan's out............
More important thing is that Gloucester city are building soon at the moment G/C fans are travelling around
71 Mile trip to home games at Evesham. Let's look to the future with are new Ground averaging 3000 fans..
the only way is green yes, Forest Green Rover's...................................................
candy
First Team
First Team

Postby Kentstripe » Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:14 pm

king giraffe III wrote:It is easier to go after home fans as they come back week after week. You'll see the Crewe fans etc once a season, so they're not so much of an issue.

Why go after home fans at all? It could be that some have crossed the line, but with such a lack of transparency/communication rumours/bad feeling will fester.

If everything is made 100% transparent, including who is banned, how long for and why, the club rules are made clear, applied fairly and everyone knows where they stand, then surely that would benefit everyone?

If anyone genuinely crosses the line after all of this is implemented then not many will have too many complaints.

By keeping quiet and secretive about these issues the club is creating a situation where all rumours of poor treatment will be believed, and the clubs reputation will be damaged, which is the exact opposite of what's needed to continue improving the atmosphere and grow the fanbase.
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby doggy » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:24 pm

1. why was mikes original post deleted?
2. Stewards have (apart from odd one) been awful
3. Even me!! (60 years old) has been abused by steward for cheering!! (He thought i was getting on pitch!! We have made up!!)
4. Stewards on Saturday were just stood near dressing room, about 6 of them, just chatting!! do we really need that many? Rules i suppose? they were not even looking at crowd!!
5. No communication is an epidemic at our club, yes DV has money etc...but we have to have relationships with fans or we have nothing, this club although in financial safe hands has lost its soul....this much nobody can argue with...
doggy
First Team
First Team

Postby whoisit » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:29 pm

doggy wrote:1. why was mikes original post deleted?
2. Stewards have (apart from odd one) been awful
3. Even me!! (60 years old) has been abused by steward for cheering!! (He thought i was getting on pitch!! We have made up!!)
4. Stewards on Saturday were just stood near dressing room, about 6 of them, just chatting!! do we really need that many? Rules i suppose? they were not even looking at crowd!!
5. No communication is an epidemic at our club, yes DV has money etc...but we have to have relationships with fans or we have nothing, this club although in financial safe hands has lost its soul....this much nobody can argue with...

Very well put totally agree.What a difference between old and new , old chairman WAS one of the lads ,new chairman THINKS he's one of the lads.
whoisit
Reserves
Reserves

Postby king giraffe III » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:35 pm

doggy wrote:5. No communication is an epidemic at our club, yes DV has money etc...but we have to have relationships with fans or we have nothing, this club although in financial safe hands has lost its soul....this much nobody can argue with...

The soul will have gone completely if the insanity of the Salad Bowl is allowed to manifest. No standing.
Your hands-down winner.
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Kentstripe » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:48 pm

whoisit wrote:Very well put totally agree.What a difference between old and new , old chairman WAS one of the lads ,new chairman THINKS he's one of the lads.

That isn't entirely fair, and isn't going to help resolve this imo.

TH was a great chairman and I had a lot of respect for the old regime, but they aren't coming back and rather then comparing them to the current regime isn't it better to concentrate on the here and now, and ensure there is open dialogue and mutual appreciation of what good both the owner fans and can bring to the club?
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Lady Magpie » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:53 pm

doggy wrote:1. why was mikes original post deleted?

I think Mike did it himself. (Last edited by Phil_mitchell on Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:23 am)

Looked at other forums and I can't see any comments or information or explanations from any club officials, I might be wrong.
Lady Magpie
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby whoisit » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:10 pm

Kentstripe wrote:
whoisit wrote:Very well put totally agree.What a difference between old and new , old chairman WAS one of the lads ,new chairman THINKS he's one of the lads.

That isn't entirely fair, and isn't going to help resolve this imo.

TH was a great chairman and I had a lot of respect for the old regime, but they aren't coming back and rather then comparing them to the current regime isn't it better to concentrate on the here and now, and ensure there is open dialogue and mutual appreciation of what good both the owner fans and can bring to the club?

Good point but sometimes its not a bad thing to compare old with new, your never to clever not to look back at past exspierences's where you might just learn from them or improve something .Happy new year to you lets all work together old and new and it just might be a good one for all.
whoisit
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Toffee » Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:05 pm

I have a question re: away fans in the Green Man on match days.
I was under the impression they were supposed to use the 'away' end tent?
Against Luton there were at least 15-20 away fans in there prior to kick off.
The reason I raised this is linked to the comments about stewarding as normally you are asked to prove your a 'home' fan by showing your ticket
and I did show my ticket as normal but they didn't seem that interested or bothered tbh, normally there is a blonde lady who obviously knows the
procedure,
Toffee
Trainee
Trainee

Postby michael » Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:48 pm

so if i understand correctly - there are loads of comments -mainly negative - towards the operation of FGR , based on an original post which for whatever reason was subsequently removed,and the club are subsequently criticised for not commenting on a non existent allegation.

don't you just love the internet ?
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby montyc » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:21 pm

With the Luton match, as a Season Ticket holder sitting in "D" Block there were at least 10 Luton fans sat in front of us, they even thought about waving a Luton Town Flag until is was pointed out "That's not a good idea".
How is this happening when away fans have there own area's.???
Onwards & Upwards, New Stadium, New Division. Come on You ROVERS
montyc
First Team
First Team

Postby NewForestRover » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:14 pm

There were Carlisle fans in the East Stand on Saturday.
Always Looking On The Bright Side
NewForestRover
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Cotswold farmer » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:46 pm

I would like to say my comments about stewarding are all on first hand what I have seen bar the incident that headed this thread. I sincerely hope something is done to reign in and or replace a number of stewards employed via Rovers I would also like the club to come out and discuss this and other subjects. This policy is strangling the atmosphere at the ground its not a library as has been previously mentioned.
I was at a Truro City match recently and the atmosphere was better and that shouldn't be the case stewarding is all about common sense with authority please Rovers say something for a change!
Cotswold farmer
Youth
Youth

Postby michael » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:03 pm

montyc wrote:With the Luton match, as a Season Ticket holder sitting in "D" Block there were at least 10 Luton fans sat in front of us, they even thought about waving a Luton Town Flag until is was pointed out "That's not a good idea".
How is this happening when away fans have there own area's.???

why does that matter ?
are we all not members of a civilised society ?
maybe the' Luton 10 'were interesting people to talk to ?
why should they not be allowed to wave a luton flag-its a football match in england-not a war zone in Beiruit.

to be fair-i agree that if the flag waving was restricting the view of the game-that would be a bit annoying
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby GETCARTER » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:23 pm

Thats not the point Michael. If the home fan areas are for home fans only - that is exactly what is meant. Away fans who get into those areas and exhibit their away support, it is then right and proper for them to be moved. They have clearly disregarded the club rules and deserve removal.
GETCARTER
First Team
First Team

Postby king giraffe III » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:24 pm

GETCARTER wrote:Thats not the point Michael. If the home fan areas are for home fans only - that is exactly what is meant. Away fans who get into those areas and exhibit their away support, it is then right and proper for them to be moved. They have clearly disregarded the club rules and deserve removal.

What's the problem? The Crewe and Swindon matches set a precedent for away fans in home areas.
Your hands-down winner.
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Previous

Return to FGR First Team