Lincoln v FGR: match forecast

All about our First Team

Re: Lincoln v FGR: match forecast

Postby GETCARTER » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:59 pm

Cannot believe anyone in their right mind would have predicted a FGR win away at Lincoln on here . Just look and analyse the form, the league positions and recent games results - the sale of rose-tinted glasses have gone through the roof in Nailsworth lately. It is OK to dream, but lets be realistic With the current management and squad in place, the end-of-season outcome is becoming clearer with every week that passes. We will be playing Bromley,Woking and Aldershot again next season. Even if we win the next two games, we will still be in deep trouble points-wise.
GETCARTER
First Team
First Team

Postby NewForestRover » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:30 pm

GETCARTER wrote:Cannot believe anyone in their right mind would have predicted a FGR win away at Lincoln on here . Just look and analyse the form, the league positions and recent games results - the sale of rose-tinted glasses have gone through the roof in Nailsworth lately.

I predicted a FGR win. I think I'm sane (although a few on here will undoubtedly disagree!)

I do my predictions at the beginning of every month in the prediction league and just post the same ones in this competition every week. I don't like to tempt fate by changing once they are done.
I refuse to even think about a Rovers loss so I'm only going to predict a win or a draw and on this occasion I went for the win.
Always Looking On The Bright Side
NewForestRover
First Team
First Team

Postby GETCARTER » Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:43 pm

Thats the difference with someone who has their glass half - full, and another whose glass is half-empty. Dear NFR, I know what glass is in my hand this season at TNL. Happy New Year.
GETCARTER
First Team
First Team

Postby NewForestRover » Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:10 pm

GETCARTER wrote:Thats the difference with someone who has their glass half - full, and another whose glass is half-empty. Dear NFR, I know what glass is in my hand this season at TNL. Happy New Year.

Happy New Year!

Happy Birthday!

Have a great time tomorrow when we win!

Fill your glass up and celebrate!

:D
Always Looking On The Bright Side
NewForestRover
First Team
First Team

Postby Silver Surfer » Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:33 pm

Happy new year to you all.

NFR thanks for staying positive in spite of giraffes. Will you be in Nailsworth tomorrow?
No animals were harmed during the creation of this message, but some electrons became agitated.
Silver Surfer
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tommo » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:34 pm

GETCARTER wrote:Cannot believe anyone in their right mind would have predicted a FGR win away at Lincoln on here . Just look and analyse the form, the league positions and recent games results - the sale of rose-tinted glasses have gone through the roof in Nailsworth lately. It is OK to dream, but lets be realistic With the current management and squad in place, the end-of-season outcome is becoming clearer with every week that passes. We will be playing Bromley,Woking and Aldershot again next season. Even if we win the next two games, we will still be in deep trouble points-wise.

I agree that we could not really expect anything at Lincoln given recent form and respective league positions. All credit to the team then that we came so close to getting a point and only losing it to a silly error.

Things have clearly got to change if we are to stay up - the table doesn't lie half way through the season. But we are close to being a decent team in this division and if the teamwork and commitment can be sustained with all the personnel changes going on - MC's main job - then I remain hopeful. We probably can't beat teams in the top half of the table (though of course we have already this season) but we do need to maintain our form enough to beat teams in the bottom half. We have enough of those sorts of fixtures to stay up.

And if we do win our next two games - well, I will be overjoyed even though we won't be out of the mire.
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Norton Boy » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:37 pm

GETCARTER wrote:Cannot believe anyone in their right mind would have predicted a FGR win away at Lincoln on here . Just look and analyse the form, the league positions and recent games results - the sale of rose-tinted glasses have gone through the roof in Nailsworth lately. It is OK to dream, but lets be realistic With the current management and squad in place, the end-of-season outcome is becoming clearer with every week that passes. We will be playing Bromley,Woking and Aldershot again next season. Even if we win the next two games, we will still be in deep trouble points-wise.

Weren't people saying the same about the Coventry game?Statistically, the odds were against us winning but that doesn't mean it wouldn't or couldn't happen.
Also arent bookies Rolls Royces paid for by people who study the form etc and make informed bets.
Happy new year all. may it start with an unexpected win. :D
I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave.
Norton Boy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Previous

Return to FGR First Team