New signings

All about our First Team

Re: New signings

Postby FGR-Ledge » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:00 pm

camel wrote:
FGR-Ledge wrote:
GETCARTER wrote:Love it through thick and thin - moved to Wotton-under-Edge in 1983, and supported FGR since, really looking forward to Cov on Sat. Bring it on.....can see a victory for us here.


Would be amazing to beat a club like Coventry!! :D


Again



That's true!!

At home then!! ;)
FGR-Ledge
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 690
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:58 pm

Re: New signings

Postby FGR-Ledge » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:03 pm

king giraffe III wrote:
FGR-Ledge wrote:Fair enough, that's your opinion. Am I allowed mine please?

P.s supported FGR since 1997, how long have you supported them, just out of interest?


That makes you both a glory hunter.


Yeah such a glory hunter....

The amount of success I saw over the years was incredible!!
FGR-Ledge
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 690
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:58 pm

Re: New signings

Postby king giraffe III » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:10 pm

FGR-Ledge wrote:
king giraffe III wrote:
FGR-Ledge wrote:Fair enough, that's your opinion. Am I allowed mine please?

P.s supported FGR since 1997, how long have you supported them, just out of interest?


That makes you both a glory hunter.


Yeah such a glory hunter....

The amount of success I saw over the years was incredible!!


You are forgetting what happened that season? ;)
19 years of upset.
User avatar
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager
 
Posts: 1943
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:31 pm

Re: New signings

Postby camel » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:31 pm

FGR-Ledge wrote:
camel wrote:
FGR-Ledge wrote:
GETCARTER wrote:Love it through thick and thin - moved to Wotton-under-Edge in 1983, and supported FGR since, really looking forward to Cov on Sat. Bring it on.....can see a victory for us here.


Would be amazing to beat a club like Coventry!! :D


Again



That's true!!

At home then!! ;)


It would be great to do the double in the football league over a former FA Cup winner.

Last time we won with a speculative shot from range. Let's hope we are inspired to do the same this time. The win was also the catalyst for our little run of form. Again, let's hope we can repeat it.
camel
Top Manager
Top Manager
 
Posts: 1154
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:57 pm

Re: New signings

Postby NewForestRover » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:50 pm

I'm sure you all know that feeling.

When you just have to reply to a post because you disagree with it.

And they've annoyed you so much that you can't possibly reply without being angry and abusive.

You write a brilliant response and realise how great it would be if you could post it without being banned.

But you might be.

So you delete it!
Always Looking On The Bright Side
User avatar
NewForestRover
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 638
Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:22 pm

Re: New signings

Postby king giraffe III » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:42 pm

NewForestRover wrote:I'm sure you all know that feeling.

When you just have to reply to a post because you disagree with it.

And they've annoyed you so much that you can't possibly reply without being angry and abusive.

You write a brilliant response and realise how great it would be if you could post it without being banned.

But you might be.

So you delete it!


Go on. Do it. You know it makes sense. Give it a try. It'll make you feel good. :twisted:
19 years of upset.
User avatar
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager
 
Posts: 1943
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:31 pm

Re: New signings

Postby NewForestRover » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:33 am

king giraffe III wrote:
NewForestRover wrote:I'm sure you all know that feeling.

When you just have to reply to a post because you disagree with it.

And they've annoyed you so much that you can't possibly reply without being angry and abusive.

You write a brilliant response and realise how great it would be if you could post it without being banned.

But you might be.

So you delete it!


Go on. Do it. You know it makes sense. Give it a try. It'll make you feel good. :twisted:


Wouldn't it just?

Frustration replaced by satisfaction.

One day I might surprise everyone and actually do it!

:D
Always Looking On The Bright Side
User avatar
NewForestRover
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 638
Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:22 pm

Re: New signings

Postby Tomiswalking » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:37 am

NewForestRover wrote:
king giraffe III wrote:
NewForestRover wrote:I'm sure you all know that feeling.

When you just have to reply to a post because you disagree with it.

And they've annoyed you so much that you can't possibly reply without being angry and abusive.

You write a brilliant response and realise how great it would be if you could post it without being banned.

But you might be.

So you delete it!


Go on. Do it. You know it makes sense. Give it a try. It'll make you feel good. :twisted:


Wouldn't it just?

Frustration replaced by satisfaction.

One day I might surprise everyone and actually do it!

:D

It wouldn't surprise me, so much positivity you are defo a psycho when you snap :roll:
Tomiswalking
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 617
Joined: Thu May 12, 2016 11:05 am

Re: New signings

Postby king giraffe III » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:22 am

Moderators - why do you keep editing my posts and removing the word 'n00b'? All it means is someone who is inexperienced or a newcomer. It's totally bizarre that it seems to be causing you such great offence.
19 years of upset.
User avatar
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager
 
Posts: 1943
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:31 pm

Re: New signings

Postby king giraffe III » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:33 am

Tomiswalking wrote:It wouldn't surprise me, so much positivity you are defo a psycho when you snap :roll:


When the most positive person I've ever known snapped, they attempted to get into some warden controlled accommodation and take an old lady hostage. Now, that's psycho. Despite now having a caution and a criminal record they're still exceptionally positive.
19 years of upset.
User avatar
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager
 
Posts: 1943
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:31 pm

Re: New signings

Postby tommyd » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:37 am

king giraffe III wrote:Moderators - why do you keep editing my posts and removing the word 'n00b'? All it means is someone who is inexperienced or a newcomer. It's totally bizarre that it seems to be causing you such great offence.


i had a post removed in another thread for absolutely no reason. I don't think moderators should be allowed to post, it seems they just delete everything that is counter to their point of view!
tommyd
Top Manager
Top Manager
 
Posts: 1692
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:19 pm

Re: New signings

Postby Tommo » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:11 am

Kentstripe wrote:Interesting to compare our dealings this month to Cheltenham's. They've signed a load of youngsters, mostly defenders and mainly on loan, whereas we've gone out and made several permanent, experienced signings, especially in defence.

On paper our business looks a lot better imo.


Agreed - I think that we are looking longer term. However, maybe Cheltenham are just having to tinker having build a decent platform already - as has been pointed out, they are in a much better league position and, frankly, are near safety. We will be in a decent position if we can stay up but that is a big ask from here.
User avatar
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager
 
Posts: 8966
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:56 pm
Location: Horsley

Re: New signings

Postby SkunkMan » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:26 am

Tommo wrote:
Kentstripe wrote:Interesting to compare our dealings this month to Cheltenham's. They've signed a load of youngsters, mostly defenders and mainly on loan, whereas we've gone out and made several permanent, experienced signings, especially in defence.

On paper our business looks a lot better imo.


Agreed - I think that we are looking longer term. However, maybe Cheltenham are just having to tinker having build a decent platform already - as has been pointed out, they are in a much better league position and, frankly, are near safety. We will be in a decent position if we can stay up but that is a big ask from here.


Exactly. Unless they go on a truly awful run of form, Cheltenham are staying up, obviously won't get promoted and can already start to think about League Two next season. So younger players to add to what they already have makes sense.

We, on the other hand, are in deep, deep ****. So experienced players who can hopefully come straight into the starting XI are what we need.

Put simply, their current squad looks like it's good enough to keep them up. Ours didn't. Whether it will after the transfer window closes remains to be seen.....
"Winning doesn't really matter, as long as you win." Vinny Jones
User avatar
SkunkMan
Top Manager
Top Manager
 
Posts: 2046
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:41 pm
Location: South Glawstershire (b. Stroud)

Re: New signings

Postby lovejoy2 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:50 am

So one day left to make the signings. We were told 2 last week which most people would agree we need. One of which needs to be a strong CM the other most were saying a keeper or a RB. So we got one, why looks like a back up keeper? When improving the first 11 is crucial to staying up. Certainly not the level of some we were linked with like Dillon Phillips.

Will we sign anyone today? Or do we go with what we have? If we stick then MC needs to get a fit and motivated Drissa back in the squad and then the team. He is one of our most talented players and totally dominates games. It would be like a new signing getting him back. Come on MC do the right thing or tell us why yiu can’t and get a replacement in.
lovejoy2
Top Manager
Top Manager
 
Posts: 1227
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:48 pm

Re: New signings

Postby 20yrs and counting » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:09 am

Gr8 post lovejoy. Agree with everything said. We must sign a complete midfielder today. A ball winner, box to box, energetic, physical monster! This is the most vital day for FGR under DV’s reign. Sadly I believe we will not do enough to save relegation. Probably destined never to return.

The only thing which may save us is to get a motivated fit Drissa in the starting line up. Also need cameo appearances from Kmb to shove down MC s neck that he ain’t good enough.
We’re black, we’re white, we’re f***in dynamite, forest green, forest green.....
20yrs and counting
Reserves
Reserves
 
Posts: 235
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:39 pm

Re: New signings

Postby SkunkMan » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:24 am

Drissa played 90 minutes in the Glos Senior Cup last night, which I think tells you everything you need to know about the likelihood of him playing against Exeter tonight and what MC currently thinks of him. We may even never see him in a 'proper' FGR game again...

...which is mighty frustrating, especially as we have only rumours to suggest the reasons for this :evil:

I really want to believe that MC would not be so stubborn as to not play a player of Drissa's ability, given the **** we are in, just because they 'weren't getting along'......................
"Winning doesn't really matter, as long as you win." Vinny Jones
User avatar
SkunkMan
Top Manager
Top Manager
 
Posts: 2046
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:41 pm
Location: South Glawstershire (b. Stroud)

Re: New signings

Postby twinkletoes » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:11 pm

Watched the game at Cinderford last night. KMB, Roberts, Monthe and Drissa played. KMB showed flashes of his brilliance but body language did nothing to suggest he was overly interested. Drissa was a shadow of the player who joined us when he was usually best performer on the pitch, at least the first 60 minutes, he looked drained of confidence and motivation. Cannot see either back in first team in immediate future.
twinkletoes
Reserves
Reserves
 
Posts: 282
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:41 pm

Re: New signings

Postby Earl » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:51 pm

Shame to see two of our most creative and accomplished players side-lined by Cooper and out of contention for a first team place.

The question is who’s next?
Earl
Reserves
Reserves
 
Posts: 415
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:22 am

Re: New signings

Postby Silver Surfer » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:51 pm

Earl wrote:Shame to see two of our most creative and accomplished players side-lined by Cooper and out of contention for a first team place.

The question is who’s next?

The question is, were they playing badly because they had been left out or left out because they hadn't been playing well. I thought that both Drissa and KMB had struggled to cope with the extra demands of league 2.
No animals were harmed during the creation of this message, but some electrons became agitated.
User avatar
Silver Surfer
Top Manager
Top Manager
 
Posts: 2879
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:10 pm

Re: New signings

Postby Tomiswalking » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:54 pm

2 in 2 out by the sounds of things. Guessing from the press it's Stevens and cooper out. But who's coming in??
Tomiswalking
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 617
Joined: Thu May 12, 2016 11:05 am

PreviousNext

Return to FGR First Team

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], mjh, Stewjacksam and 1 guest

About FGR

We’re a club that looks to the future, but our identity is forged from a rich 128-year history. Founded in 1889, we’re one of the oldest football clubs in the world.

In 2017, we were promoted to the Football League for the first time in our history – which means we can spread our sustainability message to an even bigger audience. FIFA recently described us as the greenest football club in the world. That’s quite an accolade, and it shows how we’ve been able to bring together football and environmental consciousness at the highest levels of the game.