Match thread from Sincil Bank (Lincoln City FC)

All about our First Team

Re: Match thread from Sincil Bank (Link City FC)

Postby garyjj » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:24 pm

Dougal wrote:
RyRover wrote:Our man Brad giving away the ball again

Awful goal keeper, just awful

Totally agree. Weird decision to bring in a loan keeper that comes with a caveat that he must be played. Russell did well last year... His reward was to loose his number one shirt. I just don't get it.

Think you'll find its because of brad that it only finished 2-1...
IReece styches number 1 fan. (Tunnels)
garyjj
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby king giraffe III » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:25 pm

Lady Magpie wrote:
king giraffe III wrote: "You can't be a supporter if you don't wear the rosy specs, Doggy. You can't point out that the job of a goalkeeper is to CONSISTENTLY make saves, command the box and distribute the ball".

"Hasn't there been just one or two posts from the same person doing that"?

I've known you for many many years king giraffe, but these days all you want to do is get your wooden spoon and try and stir things up, and not just on this forum. I think myself and doggy were have a decent conversation without your interruption thanks.

Oh, here we go:

forum
ˈfɔːrəm/Submit
noun
a meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.
"we hope these pages act as a forum for debate"
synonyms: meeting, assembly, gathering, conference, seminar, convention, colloquy, convocation, congress, rally, council, symposium, conclave, congregation, synod, diet; caucus; informalget-together; rarecolloquium
"forums were held for staff to air grievances and make suggestions"
setting, place, scene, context, stage, framework, backdrop;
medium, means, agency, channel, avenue, vehicle, mechanism, apparatus, auspices
"the UN could provide a valuable forum for discussions"

Yup, that's right. A forum is a place where people are free to comment and exchange opinions. If you want a one-to-one conversation with Doggy why not do it by PM rather than in the public arena?
19 years of upset.
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby garyjj » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:25 pm

Times up Cooper, this post from a Lincoln fan says it all.

Thought FGR were a good team utterly hamstrung by their egotist manager screaming at them from the touchline over the slightest mistake. 3 or 4 times Cooper was picking a fight with his own team over little things, must be terrible for confidence, and you could tell the team weren't on board with him.
garyjj
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby king giraffe III » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:28 pm

garyjj wrote:Times up Cooper, this post from a Lincoln fan says it all.

Thought FGR were a good team utterly hamstrung by their egotist manager screaming at them from the touchline over the slightest mistake. 3 or 4 times Cooper was picking a fight with his own team over little things, must be terrible for confidence, and you could tell the team weren't on board with him.

I saw on the Lincoln forum that Cooper and Lindsay apparently refused to shake hands with the Cowleys. :oops:
19 years of upset.
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby garyjj » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:31 pm

king giraffe III wrote:

I saw on the Lincoln forum that Cooper and Lindsay apparently refused to shake hands with the Cowleys. :oops:

Both clearly classless and arrogant. Not what we need in a relegation battle.
garyjj
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Kentstripe » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:37 pm

Yeah because the Cowleys were really classy today (as usual) werent they? :roll:
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby king giraffe III » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:37 pm

garyjj wrote:
king giraffe III wrote:

Is this the supposed attack on the team coach? Looks like certain individuals have been winding their fans up: https://mobile.twitter.com/LiamKni00/st ... 45/video/1

Sheesh, what an embarrassment. :oops:
19 years of upset.
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby candy » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:43 pm

Hard luck to forest green rover's today.yes or no can Cooper be good enough to pick new players
in the January transfer window. D/V has put a lot of money in fgr.
Last edited by candy on Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
candy
First Team
First Team

Postby GETCARTER » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:44 pm

Says it all really.
GETCARTER
First Team
First Team

Postby garyjj » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:50 pm

king giraffe III wrote:
garyjj wrote:
king giraffe III wrote:

Is this the supposed attack on the team coach? Looks like certain individuals have been winding their fans up: https://mobile.twitter.com/LiamKni00/st ... 45/video/1

Sheesh, what an embarrassment. :oops:

What a joke our staff are. Club sec as well wow.
garyjj
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby doggy » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:52 pm

Tommo wrote:
doggy wrote:
NewForestRover wrote:I don't think many expected us to beat Lincoln or even get a point but we were in the match from the beginning, putting pressure on them and giving our all.
Still no points but a good performance overall.
Our players haven't given up and neither should we.

I'm still optimistic that we're going to head up the table rather than down a league.

Love your optimism, wish I could borrow those rose tinted glasses you have, we won’t improve if we can only muster 1 point per 6 games!! Time has come for MC to go, a friend of mine told me when came we will regret it, I laughed!! He is now! We need a miracle.

He did get us an amazing promotion.

I think we can improve enough. I don’t think we are far off from being a decent team. The number of recruits MC is talking about sounds like too many to me and if we really are bringing in 6-8 new players that will disrupt as much as improve is. But I remain hopeful that we can get above a few other teams who are also not tearing up trees.

A lot depends on keeping Doidge’s interest

We got promotion and nobody can deny that, for the purist , tranmere under estimated us, Pennock may have done the same, given the chance, too many questions unanswered for me! And whatever the excuses we haven’t stepped up to the plate.
doggy
First Team
First Team

Postby SNJ Ash » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:01 pm

SNJ Ash
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby garyjj » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:03 pm

SNJ Ash wrote:http://www.stroudnewsandjournal.co.uk/sport/15800166.Investigation_underway_as_Forest_Green_claim_team_bus_and_staff_came_under_attack_at_Lincoln_City/

Think you should change the title Ash.
garyjj
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby fgr2016 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:27 pm

Video doesn't catch the start of the incident. Appears very selective.

Given the behaviour of the Cowleys, I cannot blame them. Lincoln is a vile club.
fgr2016
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Norton Boy » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:28 pm

Why garyjj??Has anyone actually seen anything take place??That video shows nothing happening to anyone.
Last edited by Norton Boy on Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave.
Norton Boy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Norton Boy » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:30 pm

fgr2016 wrote:Video doesn't catch the start of the incident. Appears very selective.

Given the behaviour of the Cowleys, I cannot blame them. Lincoln is a vile club.

Funny how with all those fans there armed with phones not one of them caught the alledged incident.And why would their fans be at our coach anyway unless they want to cause trouble.Worst club in the league.
Norton Boy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby king giraffe III » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:50 pm

Norton Boy wrote:Why garyjj??Has anyone actually seen anything take place??That video shows nothing happening to anyone.

It shows FGR employees making hand gestures to opposition fans when they really should know better. If you take the time to watch the video you'll see them. It's a total lack of class, regardless of how they're being provoked.
19 years of upset.
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Norton Boy » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:56 pm

I have watched it 3 times and can still see nothing resembling anything that would stand up in court.I see Scott point at someone as he films him.
Norton Boy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby SkunkMan » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:58 pm

garyjj wrote:
king giraffe III wrote:

Normally I wouldn't condone this, but with the Cowley Clowns I will make an exception. I certainly would never shake hands with them having watched their touch line behaviour.
"Winning doesn't really matter, as long as you win." Vinny Jones
SkunkMan
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby king giraffe III » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:13 pm

Norton Boy wrote:I have watched it 3 times and can still see nothing resembling anything that would stand up in court.I see Scott point at someone as he films him.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
19 years of upset.
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

PreviousNext

Return to FGR First Team