Match thread from Sincil Bank (Lincoln City FC)

All about our First Team

Re: Match thread from Sincil Bank (Link City FC)

Postby Timb » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:21 pm

Looking forward to Monday.
Timb
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tomiswalking » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:23 pm

4 seconds in
Tomiswalking
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Irish-Rover » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:46 pm

I've been to far more matches this season than Lady Magpie. She does not decide if I support the club or not.
Irish-Rover
Reserves
Reserves

Postby dursleydog » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:51 pm

With regards to Charlie Cooper

He has made 17 appearances this season, all starts. In those games we have taken just 9 points at 0.53 points per game
He has missed 7 games. In those games we have taken 11 points at 1.57 points per game.

Obviously this is not ENTIRELY down to Cooper being in the team or not, but I am firmly of the opinion that he is a hinderance rather than a help to this side.
dursleydog
First Team
First Team

Postby Irish-Rover » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:53 pm

dursleydog wrote:With regards to Charlie Cooper

He has made 17 appearances this season, all starts. In those games we have taken just 9 points at 0.53 points per game
He has missed 7 games. In those games we have taken 11 points at 1.57 points per game.

Obviously this is not ENTIRELY down to Cooper being in the team or not, but I am firmly of the opinion that he is a hinderance rather than a help to this side.

Please don't bring facts onto this forum. Rose tinted specs only.
Irish-Rover
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Lady Magpie » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:57 pm

Irish-Rover wrote:I've been to far more matches this season than Lady Magpie. She does not decide if I support the club or not.

What's that comment meant to mean, it's up to you if you support the team or not. Can you show me when I have made that decision that you don't Irish-Rover.
Lady Magpie
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Irish-Rover » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:04 pm

Lady Magpie wrote:
Irish-Rover wrote:I've been to far more matches this season than Lady Magpie. She does not decide if I support the club or not.

What's that comment meant to mean, it's up to you if you support the team or not. Can you show me when I have made that decision that you don't Irish-Rover.

"For all those pessimist that just say: We are going down etc. That's not supporting the club"

We are going down; that's sort of why we're bottom of the league. Keep on supporting from your armchair LM you fraud.
Irish-Rover
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Phil_mitchell » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:09 pm

We are going down I called it on here after The First game of the season. It was obvious then and will be confirmed come March. Im 100% sure we will be relegated by March
125 years and counting..... PRIDE OF GLOUCESTERSHIRE
Phil_mitchell
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Dougal » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:15 pm

garyjj wrote:
Dougal wrote:
RyRover wrote:Our man Brad giving away the ball again

Awful goal keeper, just awful

Totally agree. Weird decision to bring in a loan keeper that comes with a caveat that he must be played. Russell did well last year... His reward was to loose his number one shirt. I just don't get it.

Think you'll find its because of brad that it only finished 2-1...

Maybe so... can't comment in that as didn't see todays match. My comments are based on season performance. Consistently poor distribution and unable to command box. (Defensive errors in first few weeks of season, and beyond, due to the teams lack of confidence in Collins too - again just my opinion.)
Dougal
Youth
Youth

Postby dursleydog » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:21 pm

Trying to take a balanced view

If we carry on as we are, we're are getting relegated simple as that.
In terms of changing things around, I'm inclined to wait and see what sort of talent Cooper can bring in. If they are all of the calibre of Whittle, then we are likely getting relegated. If the talent comes in and fails to make an impact, we are getting relegated.
I'm increasingly leaning towards the feeling that Cooper cannot turn around this mess of his own making and is very much feeling the strain, the incident outside lincoln's ground today seems to confirm that.
Today's performance was deeply frustrating, as were some of the calls made by the manager, but there was no lack of fight still. This squad hasn't given up yet, I'm just concerned that it's only a couple of games away from that point, especially with incidents like today. How can you have faith in a manager and coaching staff that behave like that?

Let's see what Cooper can produce in January. If nothing has changed, and the recruitment fails to make an impression, it'll be time to find a new manager to galvanise this squad into a few months of every games a cup final, survive or bust run for safety.
dursleydog
First Team
First Team

Postby man_of_kent » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:32 pm

Oh well. Definitely in relegation battle then :).

As football is just entertainment for me quite excited about a relegation battle. Not so much fun as a promotion battle obviously but dread the thought of mId table boredom.

If we don't get relegated it will be a fab summer break.
man_of_kent
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Lady Magpie » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:34 pm

Irish-Rover wrote:
Lady Magpie wrote:

"For all those pessimist that just say: We are going down etc. That's not supporting the club"

We are going down; that's sort of why we're bottom of the league. Keep on supporting from your armchair LM you fraud.

Why am I a fraud and that is a personnel insult, I expect an apology or I will take it further.
Lady Magpie
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Irish-Rover » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:53 pm

Lady Magpie wrote:
Irish-Rover wrote:
Lady Magpie wrote:

Why am I a fraud and that is a personnel insult, I expect an apology or I will take it further.

Fraud - noun - "a person intending to deceive others"

Apologies if i'm wrong but it's my opinion that you like most people on this forum to believe that you're this huge FGR supporter when you don't even attend games. Then have the cheek to try and claim people aren't supporting the club for voicing their opinions.

The fact you want to try and tell loyal supporters that they're not "supporting" the club is an insult to me. So I also expect an apology.
Irish-Rover
Reserves
Reserves

Postby doggy » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:00 pm

If MC and others have taken to bad and unacceptable behaviour then surely a perfect reason for DV to show some steel and dismiss? It would suit all parties, DV gets rid for no cost and MC gets booted for non footballing reasons, everyone is happy!!
doggy
First Team
First Team

Postby Lady Magpie » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:03 pm

Irish-Rover wrote:
Lady Magpie wrote:
Irish-Rover wrote:
Lady Magpie wrote:

Fraud - noun - "a person intending to deceive others"

Apologies if i'm wrong but it's my opinion that you like most people on this forum to believe that you're this huge FGR supporter when you don't even attend games. Then have the cheek to try and claim people aren't supporting the club for voicing their opinions.

The fact you want to try and tell loyal supporters that they're not "supporting" the club is an insult to me. So I also expect an apology.

First in what way do I intend to deceive other, please explain.

The reason I have not been attending matches this season is because this year I have had 2 major heart operations and have more to follow. This will be followed by eye surgery to remove a cataract. In case you think that's a fraud I have all the paperwork for you. I start cardiac rehabilitation in a few weeks and then I can think about returning to matches.
Lady Magpie
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Phil_mitchell » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:08 pm

I have to defend cooper here all he's done is told some one to f off after being verbally abused. Fair enough in my book. Absolutely no point in sacking cooper now it's to late just need to hope he can turn it around I don't think he will tho
125 years and counting..... PRIDE OF GLOUCESTERSHIRE
Phil_mitchell
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby king giraffe III » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:12 pm

Lady Magpie wrote:
Irish-Rover wrote:
Lady Magpie wrote:

Which member of personnel has been insulted?

Don't ask for an apology. It's double standards given the slur you levelled at me not so long ago. ;)
Your hands-down winner.
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Irish-Rover » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:12 pm

Lady Magpie wrote:

The reason I have not been attending matches this season is because this year I have had 2 major heart operations and have more to follow. This will be followed by eye surgery to remove a cataract. In case you think that's a fraud I have all the paperwork for you. I start cardiac rehabilitation in a few weeks and then I can think about returning to matches.

Incase you didn't read - "Apologies if i'm wrong but it's my opinion that you like most people on this forum to believe that you're this huge FGR supporter when you don't even attend games."
As i said apologies if i'm wrong but this is my reason for calling you out as a fraud.

Completely understand why you haven't been attending - fair enough. However, it just makes me question why you are so vocal in shutting down the opinions of people who are attending and travel up and down the country every week. In fact, you've even gone to lengths to say they aren't "supporting" the club which is laughable
Last edited by Irish-Rover on Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Irish-Rover
Reserves
Reserves

Postby king giraffe III » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:13 pm

Phil_mitchell wrote:I have to defend cooper here all he's done is told some one to f off after being verbally abused. Fair enough in my book. Absolutely no point in sacking cooper now it's to late just need to hope he can turn it around I don't think he will tho

He's a professional. There are other ways to handle situations like that; I know all too well from personal experience.
Your hands-down winner.
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Lady Magpie » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:19 pm

Irish-Rover wrote:
Lady Magpie wrote:

Incase you didn't read - "Apologies if i'm wrong but it's my opinion that you like most people on this forum to believe that you're this huge FGR supporter when you don't even attend games."
As i said apologies if i'm wrong but this is my reason for calling you out as a fraud.

Completely understand why you haven't been attending - fair enough. However, it just makes me question why you are so vocal in shutting down the opinions of people who are attending and travel up and down the country every week. In fact, you've even gone to lengths to say they aren't "supporting" the club which is laughable

OK Irish-Rover, as of tonight someone else can take on the start of the match thread and team sheet, I've had enough of the abuse after defeats and it's just not worth it. I will of course keep my own website and stats going. That should make a few of the supporters happy.
Lady Magpie
Top Manager
Top Manager

PreviousNext

Return to FGR First Team