Match thread from Sincil Bank (Lincoln City FC)

All about our First Team

Re: Match thread from Sincil Bank (Link City FC)

Postby dursleydog » Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:44 pm

NewForestRover wrote:
dursleydog wrote:
NewForestRover wrote:
RyRover wrote:Our man Brad giving away the ball again

Awful goal keeper, just awful

So awful that he was probably our MOTM first half!

There's no point playing exceptionally well if you consistently undo all your good work with silly mistakes. This is hardly the first goal he's gift-wrapped for the opposition and it won't be even close to being the last. The good saves he makes shows his potential, the constant errors show why it's just potential. I'd take a consistently good goalkeeper over one who will put in 10/10 performances apart from the cheap goal he conceded any day.
This all coming from a goalie who could single-handedly keep his team in a match one week and single-handedly lose the game the next, I wouldn't have picked me! :lol:

Yes he makes mistakes but he saves us frequently as well.
I don't think it's fair to call him an 'awful' goalkeeper.

I think it entirely fair to say the amount of mistakes he has made is awful.
There's a good goalkeeper in there and im sure he will go on to have a good career. But we didnt need an error prone keeper with potential this season, we needed someone the defence could trust, someone solid and dependable. And given we like to play it out from the back, someone who doesn't repeatedly give it away to the opposition like Collins has again today!
dursleydog
First Team
First Team

Postby doggy » Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:45 pm

11shots from 16 as oppose to 1 from 8 for us after 75 mins...says it all..again!!
doggy
First Team
First Team

Postby Norton Boy » Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:46 pm

Sounds like we are fighting to me.I don't think fight is the problem.It's finishing.
I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave.
Norton Boy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tommo » Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:47 pm

Oh Brad. Giving us too much to do. Again
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby doggy » Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:51 pm

Every game should be a cup final for us, buggering about at the back is ok if your safely in mid table!! We have to attack and attack..I’d rather do that and lose trying to outscore opponents than play tippy teapot and now fitzwater on in 90th min???????
doggy
First Team
First Team

Postby fgr2016 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:52 pm

Why have we brought on a defender!??!!
fgr2016
Reserves
Reserves

Postby The Jovial Forester » Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:52 pm

Feels like they were the chances. Prove me wrong lads
The Jovial Forester
First Team
First Team

Postby Tommo » Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:56 pm

Sounds like we gave it some. Not enough cos we keep playing the wrong keeper but I didn’t expect anything today so I’m not going to be too down about this. We need points against the lower teams though - and soon
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby coyler » Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:58 pm

Gaps are appearing at the bottom of the table. Cooper needs to have a very good few weeks of recruiting. And recruit players who want to be here for the fight, not just use us as some kind of development club stepping stone or get games for experience.
"The people are free to do exactly what they are told"
coyler
First Team
First Team

Postby king giraffe III » Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:00 pm

coyler wrote:Gaps are appearing at the bottom of the table. Cooper needs to have a very good few weeks of recruiting. And recruit players who want to be here for the fight, not just use us as some kind of development club stepping stone or get games for experience.

Cooper just needs to show some dignity, admit he's out of his depth and disappear to take his pretty football to a more deserving club.
"I just don't know what went wrong!"
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby camel » Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:02 pm

We started the game with four players who have scored this season. If you exclude Doidge the rest of the starting XI had a total of 4 goals between them.

Bugiel and KMB sat on the bench with 5 goals between them with much less game time than some others.

Our second top scorer in Bugiel with three goals stayed on the bench as we brought on Fitzwater as we chased the game? Seemed odd and possibly signals the end of his time with us?

Doidge needs more help with goals and I hope Grubb can hit the ground running when he comes in.

Didn't expect anything from the game. It's all about the games against mid table on January and keeping in touch.
Last edited by camel on Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
camel
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby doggy » Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:06 pm

If I was Omar I’d be packing my bags tonight, if he doesn’t get game time when we need a goal what’s the point? Manager needs grilling about subs please Ash!!!!
doggy
First Team
First Team

Postby Norton Boy » Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:06 pm

i assume Fitz came on as Collins and Laird pushed forward in the last ten.Another defeat but sounds like we gave Lincoln a hard game unlike the Carlisle game, a few new players might make all the difference.
Norton Boy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Lady Magpie » Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:08 pm

Very hard work by the players today for no result, impressed with the commentary and I know B. Collins made 1 error but some of his saves kept us in the match.

Final team sheet for those who prints out a copy: http://www.forestgreenroversfc.co.uk/id31.html

Attendance: 8964 (86 from FGR) Well done to those travelling.

Man-of-the-Match: Lee Collins

For all those pessimist that just say: We are going down etc. That's not supporting the club especially for those players who put everything into the match today.

LM
Lady Magpie
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Timb » Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:11 pm

Agreed Coyler.

Pretty much where we were this time last year. Written off as having blown it.

The stakes are just as high again this new year.
Timb
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Norton Boy » Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:13 pm

doggy wrote:If I was Omar I’d be packing my bags tonight, if he doesn’t get game time when we need a goal what’s the point? Manager needs grilling about subs please Ash!!!!

I think that was probably the right decision, as much as i like Omar he has looked a yard to slow at this level and his first touch has been shocking at times, we also already had Kmb Doidge and Brown up front and it was probably better to push Laird and Collins up into the attack as they can also defend if Lincoln broke forward.
Norton Boy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby The Running Rover » Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:14 pm

king giraffe III wrote:
coyler wrote:Gaps are appearing at the bottom of the table. Cooper needs to have a very good few weeks of recruiting. And recruit players who want to be here for the fight, not just use us as some kind of development club stepping stone or get games for experience.

Cooper just needs to show some dignity, admit he's out of his depth and disappear to take his pretty football to a more deserving club.

If MC already has new recruits lined up, I suppose he's got to be given January to turn thing s around, but I imagine DV's patience must be wearing very thin now.

We've only had one, half decent run of games this season and that just isn't anywhere near good enough.

Cooper's recruitment and ability to get the best out of his players so far this season have been pretty shocking, truth be told.

An interesting few weeks ahead.
The Running Rover
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby fgr2016 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:18 pm

I don't agree about Bugiel he certainly provides a option then James... He can score goals at this level and looks far more potent then Luke James, who is looking completely out of his depth.

Second game in a row that Collins has cost us a point... This happened against Luton and its happened again. If we don't have Russell give someone else a go because for all the nice saves, ultimately two mistakes, two points which will make the difference. Pickering at this rate is worth a punt. I really, really hope a new goalkeeper is on the way.

I am not sure why we continue to play with wing backs when we cannot handle crosses. Can someone explain this as it's hardly leading to bountiful opportunities...

I hate to say it... Because I think he has a lot of potential and he's a workhorse... But the team just do not play as well when Cooper is in the squad. I don't know why. I can't put my finger on it. We just are not as fluid as when we have Diss a and Osborne in the middle of the park. He's a good individual player and I really wanted him to work for us but clearly not the sort of player that FGR need in that position.
fgr2016
Reserves
Reserves

Postby The Running Rover » Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:20 pm

Lady Magpie wrote:For all those pessimist that just say: We are going down etc. That's not supporting the club especially for those players who put everything into the match today.

To be fair LM, I think supporters are allowed to be pessimistic (and realistic), when we are bottom of the league and on a poor run of form. It certainly doesn't mean they're not supporters, just fearful of the drop.
The Running Rover
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby 20yrs and counting » Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:22 pm

You defo cannot dispute the players have spirit. For weeks they’ve known they are not good enough to stay up with current squad yet they still give their all. It’s almost frustrating that we are not getting stuffed, because I just cannot get angry with the players when they show this level of commitment.

Thought Bugiel would have been ideal as a big man today to fight fire with fire and agree that we have to play Kmb, Bugiel and Doidge as those 3 are only ones who know how to score.
Blimey we need a good transfer window. Prob 6 players minimum and at least 3 of league 2 level or above. In the next few weeks we will know how much Dv heart is still in it or if we have have one hand tied behind our back with ffp. Biggest 4 weeks in our history coming up, gonna be an interesting ride.
We’re black, we’re white, we’re flipin dynamite, forest green, forest green.....
20yrs and counting
Reserves
Reserves

PreviousNext

Return to FGR First Team