Match thread from Sincil Bank (Lincoln City FC)

All about our First Team

Re: Match thread from Sincil Bank (Link City FC)

Postby doggy » Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:22 pm

Lady Magpie wrote:Very hard work by the players today for no result, impressed with the commentary and I know B. Collins made 1 error but some of his saves kept us in the match.

Final team sheet for those who prints out a copy: http://www.forestgreenroversfc.co.uk/id31.html

Attendance: 8964 (86 from FGR) Well done to those travelling.

Man-of-the-Match: Lee Collins

For all those pessimist that just say: We are going down etc. That's not supporting the club especially for those players who put everything into the match today.

LM

No disrespect LM, as you know Saturday nights rattling your cage is part and parcel now!!, but, I could put in an effort but I’m 60 and useless, we have to accept the players we have aren't good enough as a squad to keep us up, I have never questioned their commitment and efforts, but that doesn’t make it ok to accept what we have, being negative isn’t a slight on ones credentials for being a total supporter, being critical when times are hard only shows off the passion of what supporters want and that’s success fir the team they love and follow in times which may be good or bad. As FGR fans at the end of the day we all want the same!
doggy
First Team
First Team

Postby welshrover » Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:29 pm

The Running Rover wrote:
king giraffe III wrote:
coyler wrote:Gaps are appearing at the bottom of the table. Cooper needs to have a very good few weeks of recruiting. And recruit players who want to be here for the fight, not just use us as some kind of development club stepping stone or get games for experience.

Cooper just needs to show some dignity, admit he's out of his depth and disappear to take his pretty football to a more deserving club.

We've only had one, half decent run of games this season and that just isn't anywhere near good enough.

And that run coincided with a certain Cooper Junior absent - says it all really!!
welshrover
Reserves
Reserves

Postby The Jovial Forester » Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:33 pm

I think with Charlie the main problem is his final ball/dead ball which is usually poor.so he's doing the basics and simple stuff but as error prone if not more so as the rest and not contributing much to an attacking threat. Others can do what he does as well or better plus bring something extra.
The Jovial Forester
First Team
First Team

Postby NewForestRover » Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:35 pm

I don't think many expected us to beat Lincoln or even get a point but we were in the match from the beginning, putting pressure on them and giving our all.
Still no points but a good performance overall.
Our players haven't given up and neither should we.

I'm still optimistic that we're going to head up the table rather than down a league.
Always Looking On The Bright Side
NewForestRover
First Team
First Team

Postby doggy » Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:46 pm

NewForestRover wrote:I don't think many expected us to beat Lincoln or even get a point but we were in the match from the beginning, putting pressure on them and giving our all.

I'm still optimistic that we're going to head up the table rather than down a league.

Love your optimism, wish I could borrow those rose tinted glasses you have, we won’t improve if we can only muster 1 point per 6 games!! Time has come for MC to go, a friend of mine told me when came we will regret it, I laughed!! He is now! We need a miracle.
doggy
First Team
First Team

Postby king giraffe III » Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:47 pm

doggy wrote:
Lady Magpie wrote:Very hard work by the players today for no result, impressed with the commentary and I know B. Collins made 1 error but some of his saves kept us in the match.

Final team sheet for those who prints out a copy: http://www.forestgreenroversfc.co.uk/id31.html

Attendance: 8964 (86 from FGR) Well done to those travelling.

Man-of-the-Match: Lee Collins

For all those pessimist that just say: We are going down etc. That's not supporting the club especially for those players who put everything into the match today.

LM

No disrespect LM, as you know Saturday nights rattling your cage is part and parcel now!!, but, I could put in an effort but I’m 60 and useless, we have to accept the players we have aren't good enough as a squad to keep us up, I have never questioned their commitment and efforts, but that doesn’t make it ok to accept what we have, being negative isn’t a slight on ones credentials for being a total supporter, being critical when times are hard only shows off the passion of what supporters want and that’s success fir the team they love and follow in times which may be good or bad. As FGR fans at the end of the day we all want the same!

You can't be a supporter if you don't wear the rosy specs, Doggy. You can't point out that the job of a goalkeeper is to CONSISTENTLY make saves, command the box and distribute the ball.
"I just don't know what went wrong!"
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Lady Magpie » Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:48 pm

doggy wrote:
Lady Magpie wrote:For all those pessimist that just say: We are going down etc. That's not supporting the club especially for those players who put everything into the match today.

LM

I go along with some of things you say and some players aren't up to it. What annoys me doggy is the ones that just write us off, be all and end all and just say - We're doomed, We're doomed.
Lady Magpie
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby king giraffe III » Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:50 pm

Lady Magpie wrote:
doggy wrote:
Lady Magpie wrote:For all those pessimist that just say: We are going down etc. That's not supporting the club especially for those players who put everything into the match today.

LM

I go along with some of things you say and some players aren't up to it. What annoys me doggy is the ones that just write us off, be all and end all and just say - We're doomed, We're doomed.

Hasn't there been just one or two posts from the same person doing that?
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Earl » Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:53 pm

From the commentary, it sounded like we competed at times. However, too many wrong choices on the ball and too many instances of giving the ball away meant we were always chasing the game.

I think it fair to say on the evidence thus far, as a team we’re not good enough.

Based on performances and results I believe we are indeed heading for the exit with the current set of players and manager.

Therefore, the only chance of survival is for inspired January signings with Cooper at the helm. It’s probably make or break by the end of January though.

According to the good Lady, voicing a negative opinion about our chances of survival is not supporting the club. Does that hold true for all fans across every single sport? Each to their own but I’m not convinced she’s the ultimate authority of who is and who isn’t a supporter.

Whatever happens on the pitch we can at least celebrate Veganuary in the new year.
Earl
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Dougal » Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:54 pm

RyRover wrote:Our man Brad giving away the ball again

Awful goal keeper, just awful

Totally agree. Weird decision to bring in a loan keeper that comes with a caveat that he must be played. Russell did well last year... His reward was to loose his number one shirt. I just don't get it.
Dougal
Youth
Youth

Postby stanman » Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:56 pm

I can only hope that there will be plenty of good news flow in the next 2-3 weeks, with a "raft" of players (MC's words) due to come to FGR in the window.
There is no 'I' in team
stanman
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby doggy » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:01 pm

NewForestRover wrote:I don't think many expected us to beat Lincoln or even get a point but we were in the match from the beginning, putting pressure on them and giving our all.

Love your optimism, wish I could borrow those rose tinted glasses you have, we won’t improve if we can only muster 1 point per 6 games!! Time has come for MC to go, a friend of mine told me when came we will regret it, I laughed!! He is now! We need a miracle.
doggy
First Team
First Team

Postby candy » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:01 pm

Phil_mitchell wrote:Going down

I gree with you PM we need a lot of good player's, or face the inevitable, face the drop
can D/V save our club? I hope so as for the january window's we need 6 new faces!!
candy
First Team
First Team

Postby doggy » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:06 pm

Just listened to MC, it’s the players fault!! That’s the ones you brought in ***** **** Please gain some respect and admit your failures!! That’s why you haven’t gelled with fans, it’s because
You are so “blameless “ ....NOT!!!!!!
doggy
First Team
First Team

Postby Lady Magpie » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:07 pm

king giraffe III wrote: "You can't be a supporter if you don't wear the rosy specs, Doggy. You can't point out that the job of a goalkeeper is to CONSISTENTLY make saves, command the box and distribute the ball".

"Hasn't there been just one or two posts from the same person doing that"?

I've known you for many many years king giraffe, but these days all you want to do is get your wooden spoon and try and stir things up, and not just on this forum. I think myself and doggy were have a decent conversation without your interruption thanks.
Lady Magpie
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tommo » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:13 pm

doggy wrote:

He did get us an amazing promotion.

I think we can improve enough. I don’t think we are far off from being a decent team. The number of recruits MC is talking about sounds like too many to me and if we really are bringing in 6-8 new players that will disrupt as much as improve is. But I remain hopeful that we can get above a few other teams who are also not tearing up trees.

A lot depends on keeping Doidge’s interest
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby fgr2016 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:14 pm

And to loose against a team, fans and club that behave in such a vile manner.
fgr2016
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Tommo » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:15 pm

Anyone know anything about the emerging reports about the team bus being attacked?
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Dougal » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:18 pm

doggy wrote:Just listened to MC, it’s the players fault!! ...

Yep. Not a great man manager. Loves to single out and loves the blame game.
Dougal
Youth
Youth

Postby king giraffe III » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:19 pm

Lady Magpie wrote:
king giraffe III wrote: "You can't be a supporter if you don't wear the rosy specs, Doggy. You can't point out that the job of a goalkeeper is to CONSISTENTLY make saves, command the box and distribute the ball".

"Hasn't there been just one or two posts from the same person doing that"?

I've known you for many many years king giraffe, but these days all you want to do is get your wooden spoon and try and stir things up, and not just on this forum. I think myself and doggy were have a decent conversation without your interruption thanks.

It's called a football forum, LM. Do you need a link to a definition of 'forum'?

Always the way, though. Ignore the argument and go for the person making it. You try and make out this thread is full of people predicting relegation. It isn't. :roll:
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

PreviousNext

Return to FGR First Team