Professional as ever.

All about our First Team

Re: Professional as ever.

Postby NewForestRover » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:35 pm

I've watched it a few times and I can't figure out what's going on either.
Always Looking On The Bright Side
NewForestRover
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Norton Boy » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:38 pm

I have said this elsewhere too LM that the video shows nothing happening at all but some people like to take any excuse to put the boot in even with no evidence.Instead of berating our own players and staff and jumping on high horses for no reason we should be having a go at Lincoln fans for hanging around our team coach abusing our team.
I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave.
Norton Boy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby camel » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:40 pm

The apparent story, apparently from the horses mouth...

https://twitter.com/mnoonan84/status/947188869128171520
camel
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby king giraffe III » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:44 pm

20yrs and counting wrote:Was obvious Imps fans were going to intimidate and belittle FGR as much as they could today. Their brand of football is thuggish and it is clear the brothers win at all costs attitude transfers to the terraces. Stewarding did look a bit pathetic too. Why would a large bunch of fans hang around an opponents team bus an hr after end of match other than to cause trouble. This is something the Imps chairman should be responsible for.

Probably our saddest day as a club. Under intense provocation you should be able to turn the other cheek, then when safe make enquiries into why this situation arose and investigate in the right channels. It is clear having a father and son at same club is not beneficial for either party. Just hope this doesn’t jeopardise our 4 signings “already in the bag.”

Truly classless from both sides.

Excellent post.
Your hands-down winner.
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tomiswalking » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:45 pm

The first video cleary shows our staff giving the v's and masturbation signals at their fans from in our coach.
Tomiswalking
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Norton Boy » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:46 pm

35 lincoln witnesses no doubt.Its usually seen differently from the other side and the truth is somewhere in the middle.
Norton Boy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby king giraffe III » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:47 pm

NewForestRover wrote:I've watched it a few times and I can't figure out what's going on either.

Flipping the bird, the 'mother fist' (as Marc Almond would say) gesture is being given to the Lincoln supporters. Can you really, really not see it or are you being plain bloody minded?
Your hands-down winner.
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby camel » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:49 pm

Tomiswalking wrote:The first video cleary shows our staff giving the v's and masturbation signals at their fans from in our coach.

Apparently that is acceptable to some.

The Lincoln fans were there to see Sean Ragget who played his last home game. This sort of thing is quite common at other clubs, it just doesn't seem to happen at ours.

In my job I've had horrible stuff hurled at me and if I reacted by making these gestures and goading people like this I'd be fired. Show me footage of Alex Ferguson acting like this and I'll climb down a bit.
camel
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Norton Boy » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:53 pm

Didnt Fergy boot a teacup at Becks and split his eye open.Never saw him get the sack for that.
Norton Boy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby camel » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:55 pm

Norton Boy wrote:Didnt Fergy boot a teacup at Becks and split his eye open.Never saw him get the sack for that.

Wasn't that unintentional and also not deliberately aimed at fans?

I'm amazed people don't care about the image of our club and the fact that these people are representing us.
camel
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Norton Boy » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:00 pm

I would be concerned more if it was at a club that doesnt hate us and if it was totally unprovoked.Exeter fans were top notch both times we have been there this month.Funy how things always happen with Lincoln the club that hates us.
Norton Boy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby tommyd » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:02 pm

God I hope this is the final nail in the coffin the mans a disgrace. Surprised the bus could get anywhere with all the players he's chucked under it recently!
tommyd
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby dursleydog » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:21 pm

Tbh this isnt that far off being a sackable offence even ignoring the results.

This club is rotting
dursleydog
First Team
First Team

Postby Timb » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:03 pm

I'm surprised that Donald Trump hasn't re-tweeted the whole story yet.
Timb
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby man_of_kent » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:24 pm

No idea what the video is showing.
man_of_kent
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby SkunkMan » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:28 pm

20yrs and counting wrote:Why would a large bunch of fans hang around an opponents team bus an hr after end of match other than to cause trouble. This is something the Imps chairman should be responsible for.

Truly classless from both sides.

This is something the Lincoln STEWARDS should have prevented, isn't it? Why are a group of Lincoln fans so close to our team coach?

So one of their fans insults Cooper. Allegedly. He swears at them. Allegedly. There is shouting and abuse from the Lincoln fans and minor fisticuffs. Allegedly.

All very tawdry and as posted above, reflecting very badly on both clubs and a number of individuals.

But SURELY Lincoln employ STEWARDS to prevent this sort of interaction taking place? And where were the police?
"Winning doesn't really matter, as long as you win." Vinny Jones
SkunkMan
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Fartvs Antiqvvs » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:59 pm

Football was good in the 50s and early 60s. It was RESPECT shown by both sets of fans and managers. Now RESPECT has become a word of the past. The game appears to be a neanderthal clubbing between cavemen living in the 21st century.

What has been added to our water supply that makes people behave like that? :(
Quo tendimus?

Nos venit!
Fartvs Antiqvvs
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby tommyd » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:47 pm

Lincoln fans were obviously (as usual) going to behave in this manner and try to provoke a reaction. We gave them EXACTLY what they wanted! Cooper has to go and Dale needs to show some balls quick. We are become a joke... if we weren't one already
tommyd
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Robert+89 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:47 am

Look we're bottom of the table with no hope. Cooper has told us to F off and now Lincoln fans to do the same. How can anyone back this man. This was our year to show football who we are and everyone is just laughing at us
Robert+89
Trainee
Trainee

Postby Kentstripe » Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:47 am

Are there any other videos? If that's all there is this is a nothing story.

NewForestRover wrote:I've watched it a few times and I can't figure out what's going on either.

From what I can see what that video shows is Lincoln fans surrounding our team bus, which shouldn't be happening, and shouting abuse, with one member of staff, who is generally a very calm and decent bloke, making a couple of retaliatery hand signals, under what must have been extreme provocation.

MC looks pointedly at a few fans and then walks away on the bus, possibly making a gesture but it's hard to tell, SL points at a couple of fans and then gets his phone out, films them and then gives two thumbs ups, and Lee Collins appears to be attempting to engage in dialogue outside the coach in a fairly unaggressive manner before being persuaded not to bother by a calm looking steward and then getting on the bus.

There also appears to be one bald headed coach who looks agitated being led away onto the bus.

The allegations are tweeted by someone who is clearly no saint, given he literally admits punching the bus and then b**** slapping a member of our staff. Given that those offences both carry an almost certain football banning order and possibly criminal proceedings, I wouldn't necessarily take everything he says as gospel.
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

PreviousNext

Return to FGR First Team