23 points difference

All about our First Team

23 points difference

Postby michael » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:49 pm

I think most will concede that Lincoln deserved to finish ahead of FGR last season.
ultimately-the gap in the league was 13 points.
not sure Lincoln were 13 points better-but still.

So this season-the clubs start on an even keel.

Lincoln are now 20 points better than FGR in just half a season.

its simplistic agreed-but that just says to me that Lincoln have improved-but FGR have gone seriously backwards.

I am afraid Mr Cooper has to take responsibility for that.
arguably-he was marginally hampetred by having 3 weeks less time than Lincoln due to play-offs-but even if you wipe out august results-when Cooper had a further chance to recruit (gomes and randall -wow !) fgr are in half a season-10 points worse than lincoln .

thats poor.

i read mr Cooper post match implying that 'stellar' signings will come in.
Fine-but i really do think its too late.

the damage was done in the summer.

I read also that Mr Cooper has almost written off mondays game with his wording that there is 'just one game to go -and is now saying how he has had to effectively 'mollycuddle' the players over the last few weeks

-agreed-but he got FGR /himself into that position .
with that in mind-i hold no hope for Mondays game either-and the players do now know they are on borrowed time so i can't see much energy being put into mondays game

yep-i firmly lay this debacle at the door of Mr Cooper-but still want him to ultimately pull it off
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Re: 23 points difference

Postby king giraffe III » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:52 pm

It's dangerous to write off points without a care. Sends out the wrong message.
"I just don't know what went wrong!"
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Timb » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:17 pm

The pressure is really on now.

Focus is what is required. The first half of the season has not been a success and the second half needs to be a good deal better.

The current hyped up Hysteria won't help.

But banging in more chances than leaking mistakes will ultimately solve the problem and put us on an upward trajectory again.

Simple.
Timb
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby 20yrs and counting » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:07 pm

At the moment all the players are battling for every point. If they suspect Coops has already written off next match, it could be a rout. Lets hope players commit their all. Especially as I’m going to the Wycombe match.
We’re black, we’re white, we’re flipin dynamite, forest green, forest green.....
20yrs and counting
Reserves
Reserves

Postby The Old TomCat » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:29 am

I'm sorry Michael but disagree with premise of your thread.

Lincoln are having a good season after winning National title.
Cheltenham won same title year previously with a greater points total but only just avoided being relegated back to Conference last season.

Lincoln had that wonderful FA Cup run last season which added £ millions to their coffers. Plus they are averaging 8,616 supporters against FGR's 2,787, a difference of 5,887 to Lincoln and bigger than the entire capacity of TNL.
Lincoln have a lot, an awful lot more money than FGR.
They can compete and win higher grade players because they are prepared to pay them many times higher wages.
FGR are no longer the 'money bags' of Conference days but just a village team competing against other wealthy clubs.

Where your thread title should be aimed at is the three points required by FGR to take them out of the automatic relegation spot.
The Old TomCat
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby michael » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:46 am

fair enough-but this is the level at which fgr are now competing, and if i was a 'CEO' i would be asking questions as to why in a short space of time, my manager 'had fallen so far short of his peer managers performance.
(and i still want cooper to do well -i do not want him 'out')

the three points idea helps-but lets not forget that other teams will also accumulate points/new players, so it could well be 'as you are'.

it does look like better players are going to come-but the same will almost certainly apply at other clubs.
FGR 'progress', but so will others '

I am sure results will improve-but things do not happen overnight.
lose to wycombe and port vale-then maybe things get better after that-,but will fgr be able to recover what could be a much bigger gap-and even greater pressure/desperation by mid january ?
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby The Jovial Forester » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:52 am

Lincoln didn't go on a buying spree either though, did they, so money won't be it.
The Jovial Forester
First Team
First Team

Return to FGR First Team