NY Resolution: Let's All Live Happily Ever After (together)

All about our First Team

NY Resolution: Let's All Live Happily Ever After (together)

Postby NewForestRover » Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:00 pm

A lot of the forum bad feeling at present seems to stem from the battle between the Optimists and the Pessimists.

The Pessimists complain about our players, manager, owner, results................everything!
When we win they are happy, but when we lose? They go into overdrive. So they moan.

The Optimists find this very irritating and depressing when all they want to do is live in hope and believe there is always light at the end of the tunnel. So they moan.

The Pessimists get angry by this and accuse the Optimists of being clueless, unable to comprehend how bad things are because they are being blinded by rose coloured specs. So they moan.

The Optimists get angry too because they don't want their rose coloured specs to be replaced by darkness. So they moan.

Everybody is now moaning, arguments start, things are said which are later regretted and bad feelings develop.

As you know, I'm one of the Optimists. Reason being that I need something good to believe in and feel positive about. I don't want to look on the dark side.
I hate reading any negative comments about DV, MC, our players etc so I retaliate and always defend them simply because I support our club so will support them too while they are here.

But I am going to try and be more tolerant and accept how frustrating it is for long term supporters if expectations are not going according to plan.

Optimists and Pessimists have to learn to accept each others views and remember that we are all on the same side and want the same thing.......We are FGR.

Happy New Year everyone!

:)
Always Looking On The Bright Side
NewForestRover
First Team
First Team

Re: NY Resolution: Let's All Live Happily Ever After (togeth

Postby doggy » Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:24 pm

I’m one of the pessimists and totally agree with all you say!! Is that optimistic? God I’m confused now, if I can’t moan what am I to do?
You are right, we all want the same thing, some of us complain about club decisions, the rose tinted views of fellow supporters, the woeful tactics, the managers line ups, but one thing we can all agree about is we all want FGR to succeed in the coming years! Happy new year to all my critics and all the like minded moaners! Cheers!!
doggy
First Team
First Team

Postby twinkletoes » Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:19 pm

My new year resolution is to agree with every post from kinggiraffe lll ..............just joking!!!
twinkletoes
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Timb » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:03 pm

Me too. :ugeek:
Timb
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby king giraffe III » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:34 pm

NewForestRover wrote:A lot of the forum bad feeling at present seems to stem from the battle between the Optimists and the Pessimists.

The Pessimists complain about our players, manager, owner, results................everything!
When we win they are happy, but when we lose? They go into overdrive. So they moan.

The Optimists find this very irritating and depressing when all they want to do is live in hope and believe there is always light at the end of the tunnel. So they moan.

The Pessimists get angry by this and accuse the Optimists of being clueless, unable to comprehend how bad things are because they are being blinded by rose coloured specs. So they moan.

The Optimists get angry too because they don't want their rose coloured specs to be replaced by darkness. So they moan.

Everybody is now moaning, arguments start, things are said which are later regretted and bad feelings develop.

As you know, I'm one of the Optimists. Reason being that I need something good to believe in and feel positive about. I don't want to look on the dark side.
I hate reading any negative comments about DV, MC, our players etc so I retaliate and always defend them simply because I support our club so will support them too while they are here.

But I am going to try and be more tolerant and accept how frustrating it is for long term supporters if expectations are not going according to plan.

Optimists and Pessimists have to learn to accept each others views and remember that we are all on the same side and want the same thing.......We are FGR.

Happy New Year everyone!

:)

Nothing like a good bit of reductionism.
Your hands-down winner.
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Timb » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:50 pm

Stranger things have happened. Make them happen....

I'm down the social network in Wandsworth listening to The Cherries play The Squeeze and all that. having a chat. Accent not from here. No I'm from Gloucestershire, blah blah. Forest Green Rovers? I used to play for them says Mike Francis.

Up the FGR says I. Keep the faith.
Timb
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Silver Surfer » Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:48 pm

king giraffe III wrote:Nothing like a good bit of reductionism.

Are you a relative of Marvin from the Hitchhikers?

Happy new year Giraffe.
No animals were harmed during the creation of this message, but some electrons became agitated.
Silver Surfer
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Fartvs Antiqvvs » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:09 am

I love relegation battles. We were used to them not so long ago More exiting that settling for mid-table. Unfortunately, there is no AGM cup to win in this league. :lol:

Live long and prosper in the new year all you contributors to our unique forum, highly illogical though it is, Kg 111. ;)
Quo tendimus?

Nos venit!
Fartvs Antiqvvs
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby king giraffe III » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:50 am

Silver Surfer wrote:

Happy new year Giraffe.

And there I was, joyous at what a wonderful world we live in, only for it to be reduced to black and white.
Your hands-down winner.
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby twoguns » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:51 am

Hi Tim, saw Squeeze at Colston Hall back in the day when it was cool for cats, tempted to join you but currently up the junction with our league position leaving another nail in my heart, however FGR will always be labelled with love, I'll have a black coffee in bed in the morning then head down the harbour and pull a few mussels from a shell.

Happy New Year to all my FGR friends and family. Keep the faith, stay positive cos we been here many times before, yes we have!!!!!!!!
follow me on twitter @stevegriffin1
twoguns
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Too occasional fan » Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:22 am

king giraffe III wrote:
Silver Surfer wrote:

Happy new year Giraffe.

And there I was, joyous at what a wonderful world we live in, only for it to be reduced to black and white.

stripes.
The gimlet of the forum.
Too occasional fan
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby mauler » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:08 am

Joining you on the bright side NFGR - most of the time!
mauler
First Team
First Team

Postby Tomiswalking » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:21 pm

Happy new year everyone!
Tomiswalking
First Team
First Team

Postby Tommo » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:23 pm

Hoping for a happy new year - starting today!

I wish all fans of FGR well for 2018
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager

Return to FGR First Team