Wycombe Wanderers (H) Match Thread

All about our First Team

Re: Wycombe Wanderers (H) Match Thread

Postby montyc » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:15 pm

Silver Surfer wrote:
Norton Boy wrote:Charlie Cooper sent off and our own fans booing him.Sorry but that is out of order.

I would normally agree, but CC is just not good enough to play in League 2. In the time he was on he made one forward pass which was in the general direction of Doidge, but every other pass was backwards or sideways, and several times to a Wycombe player. He lost the ball several times, and it was the frustration that boiled over leading to his petulant stamp. He had the ball, lost it and left his mark on the Wycombe player, No doubts - straight red. MC is pretty stupid to try and argue with the officials about it and fully deserved his sending off as well.

Without CC in the team, and down to 10 men we played so much better. Sorry, but he is a waste of space. Let's hope Middlesborough still want him.

Middlesborough wanting CC surely must be pie in the sky (vegan of course ). We don't won't him so I'm sure no bugger else will either.
Onwards & Upwards, New Stadium, New Division. Come on You ROVERS
montyc
First Team
First Team

Postby fgr2016 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:17 pm

Players who thrived today:
Jordan Stevens - WOW totally man of the match! Was everywhere. Soon as he is on man power he will be up and away. Talented young prospect who was desparate for the shirt.

Dodgie - I'd forgive him for leaving.. Such a clever player.

Marsh Brown... Although he must get up off the dam floor faster and get on with the game. Jordan Stevens was getting up and fighting on.

Fitzwater - should be starting every game

Osborne - total hero out there... But is missing Drissa

Wishart - every convincing move forward had his name on it. Growing more and more.

Collins - got everywhere, I like him.

Tried Hard but Not good enough:

Manny - he tried so hard but was outclassed by Akinfenwa... He had 3 inches on him and Aki still found ways around him every time. At times was out at sea

Omar - was happy to see him on... But observations that he is just a half second too slow is bang on.. Is it because he is rusty? Could be.. But at the moment he is highly ineffective despite his efforts.

Larid - becoming a liability. He tries hard. But he isn't good enough..

Brown - all bluster, but no magic. needs to out some muscle on... Bullied off the ball and off the pitch. Not sure why he was man of the match.

Total no shows:
Charlie Cooper - up to his sending off he was misplacing every pass. Deserved a sending off for his babyish behaviour. The team played better without him.

Not sure how Callus Evans is a professional footballer. He was god awful - Collins was practically begging MC and SL to take Evans off. Cut the losses and bin his contract. Poor control poor insight, unaware of those around him and then looked like his was crying on being taken off.

Collins. No cluster£&&#(( today but kicks were awful.. Even the home fans were finding it funny. lacking any command of his box. Is Pickering that bad that he is not worth a punt?
fgr2016
Reserves
Reserves

Postby fgr2016 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:19 pm

Norton Boy wrote:Charlie Cooper sent off and our own fans booing him.Sorry but that is out of order.

No I'm delighted the fans booed. Why? Because his behaviour was a disgrace to the game. Fully deserved his red card - he acted with intent, I was right in front of him and saw the mark he left on the player. I was booing and I normally stand up for him..
fgr2016
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Tomiswalking » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:23 pm

Some good individual performances in the second half, very professional.

The first half though. Oh my. Why are we still taking nearly every free kick short and backwards? Why are all the goal kicks aimed up the right wing still?!? These strategies haven't worked for us all season. Why are we still playing indirect football?

Someone on the board has to stand up and call cooper out.
Tomiswalking
First Team
First Team

Postby Tomiswalking » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:28 pm

fgr2016 wrote:

No I'm delighted the fans booed. Why? Because his behaviour was a disgrace to the game. Fully deserved his red card - he acted with intent, I was right in front of him and saw the mark he left on the player. I was booing and I normally stand up for him..

I wasn't a booer, but I wish I had. Disgraceful way to be as a sportsman but also, what an idiototic thing to do. We needed to put out our best performance to get off the bottom and that's what he chooses to do. Two yobs at our club, farther and son. They should both apologise to the players that tried to win the game today.
Tomiswalking
First Team
First Team

Postby doggy » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:30 pm

montyc wrote:
Silver Surfer wrote:

I would normally agree, but CC is just not good enough to play in League 2. In the time he was on he made one forward pass which was in the general direction of Doidge, but every other pass was backwards or sideways, and several times to a Wycombe player. He lost the ball several times, and it was the frustration that boiled over leading to his petulant stamp. He had the ball, lost it and left his mark on the Wycombe player, No doubts - straight red. MC is pretty stupid to try and argue with the officials about it and fully deserved his sending off as well.

Without CC in the team, and down to 10 men we played so much better. Sorry, but he is a waste of space. Let's hope Middlesborough still want him.

Middlesborough wanting CC surely must be pie in the sky (vegan of course ). We don't won't him so I'm sure no bugger else will either.

Not nice for the kid, but only his dad to blame, he is the one that picks him every week, I think CC could be good enough at this level if his dad stopped starting him every game, bigging him up and making him play sideways nonsense football, however, today he showed his "Cooper" side and lost his composure, lost his head and lost us the game (maybe), lets hope he has lost his old man his job!!
doggy
First Team
First Team

Postby FootieMan » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:34 pm

I was unfortunate to listen to the first half commentary from Bob Hunt before I had to go off to do other things.
After what Bob described as the worse 45 minutes of any match this season, I thought to myself, I should have made a living from looking into the future.

Here is what I said in an earlier post.... Yesterday.

"Right across the club many need to look at themselves and take responsibility for their actions. If they cannot control themselves, well they face consequences of their own making. I am not going to beat myself up, from the failing of others.

So the gloves are well and truly now off.

With 2018 about to emerge I have to be honest and say realistically that I cannot be pessimistic nor optimistic at what I am looking at. I am too long in the tooth to know I cannot personally change anything but I do know how to show respect and talk in a civil manner to other human beings.

Some need to start the year off by looking at themselves and adopting a far less aggressive approach".
FootieMan
First Team
First Team

Postby stanman » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:36 pm

20yrs and counting wrote:Anybody with footballing knowledge know what the players were telling the fans. Shame there is no one on the board with footballing knowledge.

Transformation in the 2nd half - that makes so many points, eh? Like others, I rest my case.

If there is to be no change on the football management side (and I expect not) then I strongly support the above comment. We need a Director of Football.
There is no 'I' in team
stanman
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby doggy » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:38 pm

Tomiswalking wrote:Some good individual performances in the second half, very professional.

The first half though. Oh my. Why are we still taking nearly every free kick short and backwards? Why are all the goal kicks aimed up the right wing still?!? These strategies haven't worked for us all season. Why are we still playing indirect football?

Someone on the board has to stand up and call cooper out.

Only trouble is Tom, is that we have nobody on the board who has a clue about football !!!!
doggy
First Team
First Team

Postby Ninja Hamster » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:39 pm

With such negative tactics it is no wonder we find ourselves in this pathetic position. I know some will still be optimistic right up until the apocalypse but I have now lost all faith in Mr Cooper and his sideways and backward tactics. How many free kicks did he make the players play backwards or two yards sideways to someone marked?! Sometimes you need to put defenders under pressure and just see what happens. We don't have a team of Glen Hoddles who can stroke it around and float past the opposition with ease. He has brought in players saying he wants them to go forward but then berates them till they have no confidence. How many players has he fallen out with? One or two can be expected but there is something seriously wrong with his man management techniques.

Clearly Collins is told to kick it to the same place on the side line every time. If it does stay in it rarely works. Who is to blame for destroying the confidence of the young players, the supporters or the person making them play in a restrictive and negative way?
The problem with options is that other people have them
Ninja Hamster
Youth
Youth

Postby voodoobluesman » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:53 pm

tommyd wrote:Short of driving a diesel car full of sausages into dales office whilst milking a cow I have no idea that cooper has to do to get sacked...

Comment. Of. The. Season
voodoobluesman
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby The Cumbrian » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:06 pm

First of all heroic second half performance, DW was my mom but thought LC & IO were epic too, and JS also had a great game. CD worked hard and did some great stuff, but we need someone else who can score goals when he isn't at his brilliant sharpest.

Next, we all know that BC isn't up to it but he is being picked, that's not his fault and he is doing his best. so let's give him all the support we can.

SL off day, rightly subbed.

KMB you are not Ronaldo, so don't try and emulate him by sitting on the ground sulking.

My thoughts on the Coopers are on a more appropriate thread.
The Cumbrian
Reserves
Reserves

Postby voodoobluesman » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:14 pm

In a previous interview, MC said that the team should play to keep their jobs. He now needs to measure his performance in the same way.
voodoobluesman
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Dirtster » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:24 pm

stanman wrote:
20yrs and counting wrote:Anybody with footballing knowledge know what the players were telling the fans. Shame there is no one on the board with footballing knowledge.

Transformation in the 2nd half - that makes so many points, eh? Like others, I rest my case.

If there is to be no change on the football management side (and I expect not) then I strongly support the above comment. We need a Director of Football.[/quote

Kenny Hibbitt is local and has vast football knowledge, would fit the bill perfectly.
Dirtster
Youth
Youth

Postby Tomiswalking » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:27 pm

Tomiswalking
First Team
First Team

Postby The Running Rover » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:48 pm

Tomiswalking wrote:Scott Lyndsay post game.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=c1a_qyrTNx4

Am I the only one who can't hear a word he's saying?
The Running Rover
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby SNJ Ash » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:56 pm

SNJ Ash
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby michael » Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:08 pm

Not sure how Callus Evans is a professional footballer. He was god awful - Collins was practically begging MC and SL to take Evans off. Cut the losses and bin his contract. Poor control poor insight, unaware of those around him and then looked like his was crying on being taken off.

fgr2016 posts above ;

seems a bit harsh-but at the same time-i similarly ask if Callum Evans from middle of his loan spell is only a sub for Torquay-how has he become a 'first pick' for Mr Cooper ?
it is a bit of a recurring theme-we've gone through the same with Roberts-could not get in cambridge team-but was going to be stellar for fgr.

its just weird-self sabotage by Mr Cooper ?
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby The Running Rover » Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:15 pm

michael wrote:Not sure how Callus Evans is a professional footballer. He was god awful - Collins was practically begging MC and SL to take Evans off. Cut the losses and bin his contract. Poor control poor insight, unaware of those around him and then looked like his was crying on being taken off.

fgr2016 posts above ;

seems a bit harsh-but at the same time-i similarly ask if Callum Evans from middle of his loan spell is only a sub for Torquay-how has he become a 'first pick' for Mr Cooper ?
it is a bit of a recurring theme-we've gone through the same with Roberts-could not get in cambridge team-but was going to be stellar for fgr.

its just weird-self sabotage by Mr Cooper ?

Makes you wonder about Whittle as well.
The Running Rover
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby phil2010 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:23 pm

Spoke to several people after the game who, like me, completely overlooked that we played the second half with ten men. Often teams look ok with ten by subbing an attacker and putting more emphasis on defence. But we actually did the reverse and looked a decent attacking force for most of the second half. I wish I knew what has been going on at the New Lawn because much of it this season has been quite mystifying and bizarre. But, not to worry, the manager knows best!!
phil2010
Trainee
Trainee

PreviousNext

Return to FGR First Team