Wycombe Wanderers (H) Match Thread

All about our First Team

Re: Wycombe Wanderers (H) Match Thread

Postby richmond » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:19 pm

I wonder what was different in the second half??!!??
Richmond
richmond
Reserves
Reserves

Postby king giraffe III » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:21 pm

On a long contract what impetus does any manager have to do a good job, beyond personal pride. If he had dignity he'd walk away.
"I just don't know what went wrong!"
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby King George » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:24 pm

It's all alright tho cause we're all eating vegan grub and apparently 'sustainable'
King George
First Team
First Team

Postby michael » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:27 pm

perhaps i have overdosed on happy pills ,but not feeling too bad with chesterfield and barnet losing.

what will hack me off is the posts on here /interviews where we get the usual ''won the second half rubbish'-

so what-no points.

as above-oddly don't feel too down
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Dougal » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:28 pm

king giraffe III wrote:On a long contract what impetus does any manager have to do a good job, beyond personal pride. If he had dignity he'd walk away.

Exactly... So he won't walk. (Unfortunately)
Dougal
Youth
Youth

Postby Oggys right boot » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:29 pm

He has to go. He’s embarrassing the club on and off the pitch.
Oggys right boot
Trainee
Trainee

Postby Dougal » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:37 pm

Oggys right boot wrote:He has to go. He’s embarrassing the club on and off the pitch.

Yep. Wondering who he'll blame today. Probably the ref, certainly won't be his or his son's fault!
Dougal
Youth
Youth

Postby coyler » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:38 pm

With us winning the 2nd half 1-0 our record without Charlie in the side is remarkable.
"The people are free to do exactly what they are told"
coyler
First Team
First Team

Postby Stewjacksam » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:46 pm

Sat at home after watching Wycombe nearly Chuck it away
2-0 up at half time they took foot off the gas and gave FGR a sniff
A good goal - please explain why Fitzwater wasn’t starting and laird was
The kicking for touch tactic simply doesn’t work - the cheers when brad went route one and we did well was loud and clear
So we lost - badly - Wycombe could and should have been out of sight 4-0 would not have flattered them
Special word about Jordan Stevens - he is a real star not far off being something very special
A word about Charlie cooper - learn from Jordan - silly nasty streak will get you nowhere
We must change tactics and play 442
Wholesale changes required - obviously roll on Saturday when we will see new tactics and a new side??????
Whitminster lads following "Non ita parva clava in colle"
Stewjacksam
Reserves
Reserves

Postby 20yrs and counting » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:47 pm

Subliminal message or what. Shackles were off 2nd half. Players were allowed to express and they played better and looked happier and had more belief in each other, not being forced to pass side/backwards. Was that a player mutiny we saw 2nd half. This is what we can do when neither Coops about?

Anybody with footballing knowledge know what the players were telling the fans. Shame there is no one on the board with footballing knowledge.
We’re black, we’re white, we’re flipin dynamite, forest green, forest green.....
20yrs and counting
Reserves
Reserves

Postby king giraffe III » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:47 pm

How can Scott Lindsay expect everyone to get onside with MC when he plays his petulant little boy each week? MC is apparently the most important person at the club.

Lindsay whining that we have had bad luck. What a load of deluded tosh.
"I just don't know what went wrong!"
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Fartvs Antiqvvs » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:48 pm

I viewed M/C as the new Messiah, following his success with our promotion last season. Up until today, I have still been in the pro 'keep him' camp. After 3 banishments to the Stand, it appears to me that if you cannot manage your inner emotions, how can you manage a field of 11 players?
Quo tendimus?

Nos venit!
Fartvs Antiqvvs
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Philpot » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:02 pm

The only chance of staying up is to go with what Cooper has lined up in the transfer window. There just isn’t realistically enough time to get a new manager in with his signings before the window shuts

It’s Cooper or nothing
Philpot
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Silver Surfer » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:03 pm

Norton Boy wrote:Charlie Cooper sent off and our own fans booing him.Sorry but that is out of order.

I would normally agree, but CC is just not good enough to play in League 2. In the time he was on he made one forward pass which was in the general direction of Doidge, but every other pass was backwards or sideways, and several times to a Wycombe player. He lost the ball several times, and it was the frustration that boiled over leading to his petulant stamp. He had the ball, lost it and left his mark on the Wycombe player, No doubts - straight red. MC is pretty stupid to try and argue with the officials about it and fully deserved his sending off as well.

Without CC in the team, and down to 10 men we played so much better. Sorry, but he is a waste of space. Let's hope Middlesborough still want him.
No animals were harmed during the creation of this message, but some electrons became agitated.
Silver Surfer
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tommo » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:09 pm

coyler wrote:With us winning the 2nd half 1-0 our record without Charlie in the side is remarkable.

Interesting thought and also that about a player revolt from 20 Years Etc. Well done Lindsey too I say. We were a bit unlucky in the second half and I still think there is enough spirit in the team to keep us up. We have to get a result versus PV though I think.

I thought Brown was a decent MotM choice but KMB, Lee Collins and Stevens all played well. Doidge tried and Monthe got better as the game went on. Wishart had a good second half
Last edited by Tommo on Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Earl » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:09 pm

Without the Coopers, we put in a spirited second half display. I know we’re thick fans but it seems obvious the more the ball is the opposition box, the more chance of scoring.
The team started playing direct fast football with no fear of Cooper yelling at them from the sideline. It was a revelation for them and us and was nearly an enjoyable game to watch.

The divide between the manager and son and the fans is, I suspect, unbridgeable. The pair show a complete lack of humility and such hubris always leads to an eventual downfall.

I feel sorry for the players working under this regime. All we have to do is suffer watching.
Earl
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Foggy » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:10 pm

Philpot wrote:The only chance of staying up is to go with what Cooper has lined up in the transfer window. There just isn’t realistically enough time to get a new manager in with his signings before the window shuts

It’s Cooper or nothing

I would be willing to try nothing and just let the players go out and do what they want...like the second half when they played better than just about any 45 minutes I can remember this season.
The future is bright, the future is green...Forest Green!
Foggy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Location: The other side of the hill...living in the land of the eggmen!

Postby Tomiswalking » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:12 pm

Philpot wrote:The only chance of staying up is to go with what Cooper has lined up in the transfer window. There just isn’t realistically enough time to get a new manager in with his signings before the window shuts

It’s Cooper or nothing

We are bottom of the league because of Cooper, we saw today, having 'nothing' was better than having 'cooper'.
Tomiswalking
First Team
First Team

Postby Donegal Rover » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:13 pm

coyler wrote:With us winning the 2nd half 1-0 our record without Charlie in the side is remarkable.

The evidence is there, hopefully somebody takes note this time?
Donegal Rover
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Silver Surfer » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:14 pm

Clearly CC isn't good enough for League 2.

I wonder if the players are playing with a fear in the back of their minds that they will do something wrong and have to face the wrath of MC. Without MC on the sideline they seemed to play with more commitment.
No animals were harmed during the creation of this message, but some electrons became agitated.
Silver Surfer
Top Manager
Top Manager

PreviousNext

Return to FGR First Team