Team News v Woking (H)

All about our First Team

Re: Team News v Woking (H)

Postby Tommo » Sat Mar 22, 2008 5:24 pm

I think we will get more than that particularly if we are winning our away games. Unfortunately it looks like Burton, Exeter and Torquay are making something of their games in hand today - all winning at the moment - so there will be no prospect of playoff glory but hopefully still enough interest to sustain things. The presence of TV for the Burton game will depress the attendance from Burton but hopefully we can get more than 800 for the last two games - especially the last home game of the season.
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Sledge » Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:13 pm

Greeners wrote:Hi

That would require fewer than 814 for each of the remaining 3 home games, by my reckoning.

I make it 1146, but maths was never my strong point. Where's that magpie when you need her? :roll:
Sledge
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Greeners » Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:45 pm

Hi
Sledge wrote:
Greeners wrote:Hi

That would require fewer than 814 for each of the remaining 3 home games, by my reckoning.

I make it 1146, but maths was never my strong point. Where's that magpie when you need her? :roll:

No it is you that is right, I got the number required wrong. :shock: :roll:
Greeners
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby GreenJohn » Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:49 pm

Sledge is right. If(?), and I haven't checked it, our current average is 1208, then for 20 games that makes a total of 24160.
To average 1200 over 23 games we need 27600. This means 3440 for 3 games, an average for these games of 1147.
GreenJohn
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Sledge » Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:55 pm

I can't see the Rubbish & Dustbins and Gravesebbnorth games getting that size of gate. The Burton match may have if it hadn't been moved to an elfin Monday night.
Sledge
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby tomb » Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:16 pm

I thought overall, it was quite a decent game on Friday. Having seen Woking many times over the years, I thought they were a shadow of their former selves though (as their league place indicates). To be brutally honest, I thought they had at least a couple of 'pub players' in their midst. We should have buried them really! But, all credit to them, they battled. The fact that we couldn't demolish them I think was all down to us. We had our chances. Fleets could have scored 4 instead of 1. Their goalie did play well though.

MOM for me has Hardiker. Good to see Pitman back in the team. We miss him when he doesn't play. Les played the best game I've ever seen him play. Celi scored again, and I hate to knock him, but he has to do more for me. He loses the ball too easily. Welsh is still settling in. I would give him time. Broughie, an improvement on recent games. Clistie, not as imposing as he has been. Lawless did well. Burton shades it for me. Super Stu scored again. That's what he's there for!

Overall, a good result. Another 3 points and a decent turn-out at 1,143.

Good luck to the boys on Monday against Torquay and the next challenging game at home on the 31st against Burton.

Why don't we try more long-range shooting? Only Johah seems up for it. Incidentally, why wasn't Jonah playing? Injured?

PS. Although I thought the linesmen on Friday were decidely 'iffy', I thought the ref had a good game.
tomb
Reserves
Reserves

Postby candy » Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:50 pm

I enjoyed friday's match against woking we was lucky one of woking goals did not count,we played some good football at times.
Surely J/H should encourage the rovers to shoot more often, instead of trying to pass the ball into the net.
My MOTM was les Afful the 1st half he hammered woking defence,I have said before if only he believed what talent he has he is fast and tricky and he can get better,just a few games to go at home looks like 6th or 7th place fgr.
I myself would have been happy with 6th or 7th at the begining of the season,as the season turned out I feel we could have finished in the top 5.thats football lets keep going no pressure and finish as high as possible.
Aim for League two next year, bring in a few more players and see what happens. At least Forest Green Rovers are on the up ,not like Oxford who our going backwards, also Oxford selling their best players but in football nothing surprises me.
candy
First Team
First Team

Previous

Return to FGR First Team