Definition of a Rovers fan

All about our First Team

Re: Definition of a Rovers fan

Postby andymac26 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:51 pm

What about 'the chameleons.' Green aren't they normally? But with the capacity to change often and appear invisible in their surroundings.....
andymac26
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby tommyd » Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:05 am

Ah yes, the green devils! Forgot to add that one.
Look, it's a bit like a landlord coming into your house, chucking out your furniture and replacing it with theirs and moving everything around and saying 'what are you worried about? If it wasn't for me you wouldn't have a house!'
I appreciate what dales done in terms of the footballing side of things and actually don't mind a lot of the other stuff but i hate to see something I love being used for something that is not for purpose intended and being constantly told I can't have an opinion on it. There's saving a club and then there's dismantling one and building a completely different one in its place.
Yes dale saved us but he could have done that without everything else that's come wit it IF it was just about football, which it clearly isn't and that's what I'm slightly uncomfortable with.
tommyd
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tommo » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:55 am

I agree with the list of concessions but in my view they are relatively trivial in relation to the benefits of being sucked up into Ecotricity.

I like most of Dale’s principles and think many are in tune with where the country needs to go. That they are reflected at the club often makes me proud to be a supporter.

But fundamentally I go to watch FGR to be entertained by good quality, emotionally charged football. I have had that under the DV regime to a far greater extent that I believed possible.

The concessions at real but are outweighed by that imo.
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby SkunkMan » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:00 pm

Kentstripe wrote:
SkunkMan wrote: I preferred the old badge, hate the new one

But your avatar though?

Yes, my editing has improved the badge dramatically, don't you think?!

I think it stinks and I have tried to portray that with my 'adjustment'....! Quite frankly, skunks have as much to do with FGR as the Lion and Unicorn on the new badge, i.e. nothing...
"Winning doesn't really matter, as long as you win." Vinny Jones
SkunkMan
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby whoisit » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:16 pm

Kentstripe wrote:Best away support/noise I've ever seen from us was at Swindon FA Cup 07-08. Nearly 2000 FGR in the away end(s). Brilliant atmosphere in the rain. Only teams that took numbers like that to the County Ground that year were Leeds and the Gas.

Would be great to see something similar next week. If that doesn't the team going, nothing will.

Have to agree wiyh ya there Kentstripe
whoisit
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Timb » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:00 pm

I think it was a thousand or so. Great performance but finished short.

Looking forward to Saturday.
Timb
Top Manager
Top Manager

Previous

Return to FGR First Team