Defensive duo join FGR

All about our First Team

Defensive duo join FGR

Postby blacknwhitestripes » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:03 pm

Forest Green Rovers have completed the permanent signings of Gavin Gunning from Port Vale and Farrend Rawson from Derby.

You can read the full story here: https://www.forestgreenroversfc.com/new ... ensive-duo
Following the black & white stripes of Newcastle United and Forest Green Rovers since the 90's...

FGR have got all modern! Follow the club on twitter @FGRFC_Official or 'like' us on Facebook :D
blacknwhitestripes
Reserves
Reserves

Re: Defensive duo join FGR

Postby Pitchfork » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:09 pm

Great to see these signings made official: strengthening our defence has been the priority and Gavin and Farrend should help prevent the leaking of goals.

Welcome to both, hopefully Gavin will give the management some inside information about Port Vale.
Pitchfork
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby fgr2016 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:15 pm

Just what the doctor ordered! Thrilled, especially with Gunning.
fgr2016
Reserves
Reserves

Postby FGR-Ledge » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:16 pm

Agreed.

Very pleased with Gunning, hopefully a proper League quality defender.
FGR-Ledge
First Team
First Team

Postby king giraffe III » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:17 pm

Mad Gav!
"I just don't know what went wrong!"
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby The Jovial Forester » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:21 pm

See Farrend reckons we're a massive club, did we show him round somewhere else instead? :lol:
Promising stuff!
The Jovial Forester
First Team
First Team

Postby FGR-Ledge » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:23 pm

The Jovial Forester wrote:See Farrend reckons we're a massive club, did we show him round somewhere else instead? :lol:
Promising stuff!

We are mahoosive!!!!! 8-)
FGR-Ledge
First Team
First Team

Postby Phil_mitchell » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:27 pm

Know nothing about either of them.
I hope they are good enough to help get is out this mess.

What I will say is that we are rock bottom and going nowhere fast why do the club do a silly video teasing fans on two signings? Just announce them no thrills move on and get more players in to sort this out. If we were flying high then yeah fine big song and dance but we are not flying high. We are bottom and desperate.
Last edited by Phil_mitchell on Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
125 years and counting..... PRIDE OF GLOUCESTERSHIRE
Phil_mitchell
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Chrisgump11 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:28 pm

Welcome on board to Gavin & Farrend.

I see BBC has Tom King joining Stevenage so we're still 'keeper hunting' which is worrying
Chrisgump11
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Fartvs Antiqvvs » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:28 pm

The Jovial Forester wrote:See Farrend reckons we're a massive club, did we show him round somewhere else instead? :lol:
Promising stuff!

Probably fitted him up with that virtual reality thingy, to show him around the Eco-park and Stadium in all its glory. Pity it was too big for SDC to handle though. :(
Quo tendimus?

Nos venit!
Fartvs Antiqvvs
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby fgr2016 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:30 pm

What I'm reading about both is they are no nonsense musclers.... Yes! Now just a goalkeeper and I'll be happy

Oh and also to not loose Wish, Doidge or Drissa.

Ps Phill.they just announced two CB of good pedigree. One has just come off of playing for Port Vale (and PV tried to keep him) and the other has been on loan to Stanley and was in their first team. Give the club a break - we wanted league quality, it looks like that's what they've just got.
fgr2016
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Phil_mitchell » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:33 pm

fgr2016 wrote:What I'm reading about both is they are no nonsense musclers.... Yes! Now just a goalkeeper and I'll be happy

Ps Phill.they just announced two CB of good pedigree. One has just come off of playing for Port Vale (and PV tried to keep him) and the other has been on loan to Stanley and was in their first team. Give the club a break - we wanted league quality, it looks like that's what they've just got.

I've heard good things from others I'm not saying they are not good signings. I'm sat when your bottom of the league there are ways to go about it. This is only my opinion to young fans it's probably good for them but it's not for me that's just my view.
Phil_mitchell
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Fartvs Antiqvvs » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:42 pm

Phil_mitchell wrote:
fgr2016 wrote:What I'm reading about both is they are no nonsense musclers.... Yes! Now just a goalkeeper and I'll be happy

I've heard good things from others I'm not saying they are not good signings. I'm sat when your bottom of the league there are ways to go about it. This is only my opinion to young fans it's probably good for them but it's not for me that's just my view.

Come along P/m, you are usurping Kg111's position as sceptic-in-chief, since even he is pleased tonight.

Tell us after Saturday.
Quo tendimus?

Nos venit!
Fartvs Antiqvvs
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Chrisgump11 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:42 pm

Time to raise the mood I think guys. These 2 look to be exactly what we are after and we have to encourage Grubb to do what he has done so well at Weston.

Clearly Dale & MC have their work cut out to bring good quality players to a club as small as ours at the bottom of the pile, let alone hang on to Christian. And if we don't manage to sign the keeper we want, I'd back Sam to cope as well as anyone.

So lets do our bit, ditch the cynicism and show the new comers that this is a club worth joining
Chrisgump11
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Phil_mitchell » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:44 pm

I am very pleased I hear really good things. I was only giving my miserable opinion on the video.
Phil_mitchell
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Kentstripe » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:48 pm

All clubs do it tbf Phil Mitchell, even Swansea.

These look like good signings, both no nonsense and know this league.

People keep going on about things being desperate, yes the league position is poor and needs sorting urgently but we're not cut adrift and we're not about to go into financial meltdown, and are signing quite a few players. Could be a lot worse.
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Norton Boy » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:55 pm

I suppose the main thing is how fast can the new signings fit in and who are the teams around us signing up?
I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave.
Norton Boy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby stanman » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:56 pm

All very encouraging, plus hopes of 3 or 4 more this week.
There is no 'I' in team
stanman
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby The Running Rover » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:57 pm

On paper, these seem like great signings. Now all we need are some clean sheets to back that up...
The Running Rover
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby doggy » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:00 pm

Fingers crossed..it’s a big game Saturday, we probably need a couple more and cover for CD if Omar is going, don’t forget that Omar was supposed to be a no 9 as far as I’m aware and has never really had a chance in that position, still a big month as new players got to find their feet, willing to give MC a few weeks but tactics have to change, we have to be more positive even when playing out from back, please please just more movement and willingness to want ball would be a start and the odd ball down the middle wouldn’t go amiss!
doggy
First Team
First Team

Next

Return to FGR First Team