Match Thread from The New Lawn (Port Vale)

All about our First Team

Re: Match Thread from The New Lawn (Port Vale)

Postby Theoperator » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:27 pm

I dont understand what the issue the club have with the South Stand supporters? The ONLY time I have been worried about their behaviour is when we score a goal some of them career down to the bottom of the stand from the top. I completely understand their excitement, but really it could cause a problem if someone lost their footing. They do tend to stand on the yellow marked areas. If that was stopped and explained then it would probably stop :?

Otherwise I love their banter and exuberance. Whyever encourage young schoolkids in then discourage mid to late teenagers?

I would assume a lot have season tickets, so would assume that the club have all the details that they need. :|

PS Get well/ better soon LM
Theoperator
First Team
First Team

Postby twoguns » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:45 pm

Ambassadors iniative encourages the next generation which is fantastic so I don't understand what is going on with younger fans in South stand plus the club need to be careful reference Data Protection Act.

I remember the days of the faithful 500 hundred on match days but we regularly approach 5 times that so let's keep these young fans on board.
follow me on twitter @stevegriffin1
twoguns
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Cotswold farmer » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:02 pm

gooseman wrote:Quote - Cotswold Farmer

"Unless you are asked by a Police officer in these circumstances you are under NO obligation to give that information, especially to a steward of a fourth division football club. The club wants to be very careful on this as the keeping of personal information is controlled by very strict criteria on storage and use plus on the age on the people being asked for information without an adult present the law is a minefield for a club by a " supposed liberal" its actions are in my opinion the total opposite."

Absolutely. The Data Protction Act is a minefield. This non-stop drip of vindictiveness towards the supporters in the South Stand is starting to be a real concern. I noticed it last year on several occasion. One of the reasons I relocated to the North Stand. FGR will stand for Facist Green Rovers if the elites of the club carry on with this nonsense.

The other matter here is are the people questioning the young people CRB checked? Where does that information go and where is it stored and what is done with that information ? One of My brothers in law is a barrister I spoke to him earlier and during our chat mentioned this matter he was surprised and said he hoped the club had got good advice before doing this because they are on very dodgy ground indeed he said it only takes one person to challenge this and it could cost upwards of £100,000.
Please Rovers start thinking a bit and get someone in who is good at PR and apply some common sense. I cannot imagine anyone on here wants to discuss these matters but the club keeps putting its foot in its mouth. WE WANT TO DISCUSS FOOTBALL so come on think before you act.
Cotswold farmer
Youth
Youth

Postby FGR-Ledge » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:03 pm

I do worry that it's our heavy handed stewards brewing this up!!!

It certainly needs sorting though and quickly, we need the South Stand for the real atmosphere.
FGR-Ledge
First Team
First Team

Postby Tomiswalking » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:37 pm

I find this ongoing saga a bit odd. What have the fans done? What's the investigation for? If a crimes been commited can't the police handle it?
Tomiswalking
First Team
First Team

Postby andymac26 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:38 pm

Data protection act principles include; obtaining and using relevant information only for specified purposes, storing information securely, and only holding it for the time needed for the specified purpose.

Begs the questions; what is/are the specified purposes? Where is the information stored? How long for? Hmmm....
andymac26
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby FGR-Ledge » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:57 pm

The whole saga is a disgrace!!!!
FGR-Ledge
First Team
First Team

Postby SNJ Ash » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:59 pm

SNJ Ash
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby michael » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:17 pm

what a great interview-comes over very well, with a good dose of humour/honesty and humilty .

puts a bit of the human interest/'life of a footballer' in to the script when he talks of forgetting kit etc and rushing around

seems a great character
Last edited by michael on Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby man_of_kent » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:26 pm

Wow! What can I say, Quality Speaker. I'll eat my hat (if I worn one) if he doesn't go into coaching/management.

Just trying to plan next weekend so I can get over to Swindon.
man_of_kent
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Pitchfork » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:57 pm

Calm, cool and collected, together with the 3 h mentioned by michael.

Clearly rather weary after a hard fought match, but Reuben seemed enthusiastic, positive and determined to make it work with Doidge. At long last there is the possibility of another Beesley/Fleetwood partnership.

Early days, but the interview gives me plenty of optimism - thanks Bob and Ash
Pitchfork
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Phil_mitchell » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:43 am

Dale Vince owns the club wants to do things "Another Way"

I’d be asking them how they are safe guarding my personal data. GDPR becomes law in May, as individuals we have the right to withdraw consent for any organisation hold/processing our personal data.
Last edited by Phil_mitchell on Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
125 years and counting..... PRIDE OF GLOUCESTERSHIRE
Phil_mitchell
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Too occasional fan » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:12 am

Out of interest, does an organisation have the right to know who is on its private property?

I see from their rules that a ticket holder at Liverpool who has guests is required by the club to provide names and addresses of guests if an officer of the club, steward or police officer asks from them.
The gimlet of the forum.
Too occasional fan
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Philpot » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:46 am

I see that nice bloke Noble came on as sub for Notts County for 16 mins on Saturday
Just in time to pick up a booking
Philpot
Reserves
Reserves

Postby fgr2016 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:59 am

Yes they are allowed do ask for name and addresses.

The reason is simple - stewards use CCTV to identify difficult fans throughout the game. So if a person is being particularly rowdy or rude or is potentially an away fan...they check seat numbers to see who bought the ticket and the address that ticket is associated with. If it's a big group (bigger then a standard family) then the address of the purchasing fan will not be enough to identify everyone so they will ask for names and addresses of everyone.

They can then write to the person in question, put a warning flag on that name and address for when they attempt to purchase tickets again, share details with the other club (of for example the person who bought 8 tickets for the PV game came up as living in or near "Stoke" and they were causing difficulty, the other club would want to know incase it's a season ticket holder) . or pass details onto police.

Remember that in rule 17/18 it explicitly states that fans should only use their designated section of the stadium and the club can remove fans for this alone even if they haven't caused any trouble. Clubs have to take sensible precautions to stop this happening.

Not that FGR are much good at this... Twice this season I have been surrounded by away fans in the main stand... Twice I've complained... Twice I've never heard anything back from FGR. Sounds like they act on feedback but never come back to compliant.
fgr2016
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Theoperator » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:44 am

One on level it may be an explanation FGR2016 but of course the South Stand is all standing so no seat numbers. Im not sure that the stewards use CCTV during the game as such at TNL, remember its the first year CCTVs been at FGR at all. I imagine that they could use it, but has the number of stewards been increased up enough to allow that as an extra?

In any case tickets can be sent to phones so whats to stop false address and a non traceable phone?

Are there any PCSOs at FGR? They are usually a good resource, downscaling rather than upscaling problems. Maybe some of the problems can be traced back to the inflatable crocodile :?
Theoperator
First Team
First Team

Postby Electric Chair » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:47 pm

Hi Guys, don’t know about you but I’m still smiling after Saturday’s win.... 8-)

Saw the post in this thread from Phil Mitchell, wasn’t happy with the way it sounded, have checked it out.

The stewards on the day had photographs, taken from the CCTV, of two fans who had ‘behaved rather badly’ at the Carlisle game, they used these to identify them at the Port Vale game. Our stewards asked the two fans for their names and addresses so that the club could send them a warning letter - this was explained to them, they were (I’m told) happy to comply and pleased not to be banned.

So - to sum it up - two people were asked to identify themselves because of a previous incident, were told why and happily complied.

There is no breach of data protection or civil liberties and all that stuff - just a sensible handling of a match day event. Not sure why this has been exaggerated out of all recognition.

Cheers.
Electric Chair
Reserves
Reserves

Postby man_of_kent » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:17 pm

EC don't ruin a football forum by bringing facts and balance to a discussion. That's not how the football industry works. :lol:

cheers
man_of_kent
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby StroudFan » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:09 am

man_of_kent wrote:EC don't ruin a football forum by bringing facts and balance to a discussion. That's not how the football industry works. :lol:

cheers

:lol: :lol: :lol:
StroudFan
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Phil_mitchell » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:33 am

Electric Chair wrote:Hi Guys, don’t know about you but I’m still smiling after Saturday’s win.... 8-)

Saw the post in this thread from Phil Mitchell, wasn’t happy with the way it sounded, have checked it out.

The stewards on the day had photographs, taken from the CCTV, of two fans who had ‘behaved rather badly’ at the Carlisle game, they used these to identify them at the Port Vale game. Our stewards asked the two fans for their names and addresses so that the club could send them a warning letter - this was explained to them, they were (I’m told) happy to comply and pleased not to be banned.

So - to sum it up - two people were asked to identify themselves because of a previous incident, were told why and happily complied.

There is no breach of data protection or civil liberties and all that stuff - just a sensible handling of a match day event. Not sure why this has been exaggerated out of all recognition.

Cheers.

Having sat in the East stand Saturday I was just putting what I've been told.
Acting as mouth peice for the younger boys. I've clearly been given wrong information and been spun a line. I won't bother next time.
Nice one Dale for clearing that up :D
125 years and counting..... PRIDE OF GLOUCESTERSHIRE
Phil_mitchell
Top Manager
Top Manager

PreviousNext

Return to FGR First Team