Match thread from Huish Park (Yeovil Town) CT.

All about our First Team

Re: Match thread from Huish Park (Yeovil Town) CT.

Postby Tomiswalking » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:54 pm

FGR-Ledge wrote:
TreeHugger wrote:
Tomiswalking wrote:
Weather or not we agree with the Coopers or the stewards or what ever else is going on behind the scenes, we need to continue to encourage the team for the full 90!

I agree wholeheartedly. Unfortunately there are some who feel unable or unwilling to support certain players. It’s a shame.

I support all our players when I am at the ground!!!

Does not stop me writing some criticism about a poor player on here though, that's what forums are for!!

Not sure some of the happy clappers understand this!!!

Woops sos, didn't mean to stir things up. Just meant that the 90 mins of support counts. No fingers were being pointed.
Tomiswalking
First Team
First Team

Postby FGR-Ledge » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:55 pm

Fair enough.

I actually agree with you that full support at the ground is what is needed, and what I and many others intend to do.
FGR-Ledge
First Team
First Team

Postby Tomiswalking » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:07 am

FGR-Ledge wrote:Fair enough.

I actually agree with you that full support at the ground is what is needed, and what I and many others intend to do.

I know I just wrote it badly mate. What I could have said that against port vale the crowd really expressed themselves and really spurred the players on, some times we have quiet patches and the energy really drops, that's when they need us! Let's keep it up!
Tomiswalking
First Team
First Team

Postby FGR-Ledge » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:13 am

Tomiswalking wrote:
FGR-Ledge wrote:Fair enough.

I know I just wrote it badly mate. What I could have said that against port vale the crowd really expressed themselves and really spurred the players on, some times we have quiet patches and the energy really drops, that's when they need us! Let's keep it up!

Definitely mate, we all want what is best for this great club, I agree the atmosphere second half against Vale was superb from us and definitely did seem to have the desired effect.
FGR-Ledge
First Team
First Team

Postby king giraffe III » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:16 am

Just saw the score. Who cares?
Your hands-down winner.
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Kentstripe » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:40 am

The EFL have shot themselves in the foot and completely devalued their own competition for the sake of a few quid and helping Premier League teams give their hoarded "homegrown" players a bit of match practice. Shame really.

For that reason I had no intention of attending games in it, and hope that it's a Chelsea v Leicester final.
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tommo » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:32 am

Well done the 71 from FGR who went. I hope the team - weakened for obvious reasons - put in a workmanlike performance to at least satisfy them that the trip was worthwhile.

Anyone know how KMB played? Is he still trying or seeing the writing on the wall? I hope the former since he should be important to us in the run in
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby SkunkMan » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:38 am

Kentstripe wrote:The EFL have shot themselves in the foot and completely devalued their own competition for the sake of a few quid and helping Premier League teams give their hoarded "homegrown" players a bit of match practice. Shame really.

Precisely.

ALL that matters this season is staying in League Two. To hell with nonsense competitions like this - notwithstanding the fact that its a shame this competition has been so completely devalued.
"Winning doesn't really matter, as long as you win." Vinny Jones
SkunkMan
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Earl » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:23 pm

I understand the EFL Trophy is not a priority given our parlous league position. What I don’t understand is why Cooper reverted to a failed system of short free kicks and short corners. Give the players the freedom to choose and get the ball in the box.

Hopefully Saturday we’ll be more direct and stop giving the ball away.
Earl
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Kentstripe » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:43 pm

Earl wrote:What I don’t understand is why Cooper reverted to a failed system of short free kicks and short corners. Give the players the freedom to choose and get the ball in the box.

Hopefully Saturday we’ll be more direct and stop giving the ball away.

Probably down to a lack of height.

On Saturday we'll have the likes of Rawson, Gunning, Doidge and Reid back, plus possibly one of Monthe or Hollis, all of whom are good in the air.

Should help.
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby King George » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:49 pm

Agree with Kentstripe, the only way the EFL will realise is when two under 23 sides get to Wembley to be played in front of about 2,000 people lol
King George
First Team
First Team

Postby king giraffe III » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:05 pm

SkunkMan wrote:
Kentstripe wrote:The EFL have shot themselves in the foot and completely devalued their own competition for the sake of a few quid and helping Premier League teams give their hoarded "homegrown" players a bit of match practice. Shame really.

Precisely.

ALL that matters this season is staying in League Two. To hell with nonsense competitions like this - notwithstanding the fact that its a shame this competition has been so completely devalued.

How do you devalue something that has never had any credibility? It's one of those cups nobody seems to care about until they're in the final.
Your hands-down winner.
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Silver Surfer » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:24 pm

This competition might get more support if they dispensed with the rule about being unable to field players who are "cup tied". Surely we would have put out a much stronger team if this had been the case.
No animals were harmed during the creation of this message, but some electrons became agitated.
Silver Surfer
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby GETCARTER » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:49 pm

It was only about money - reputed to be £50,000 for yesterdays winners. Nice little earner .....
GETCARTER
First Team
First Team

Postby Timb » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:48 pm

Game over. Looking forward to Saturday.
Timb
Top Manager
Top Manager

Previous

Return to FGR First Team