Charlie Cooper

All about our First Team

Charlie Cooper

Postby tommyd » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:56 pm

His poor run of results continues... I think this needs its own thread, I feel the lad needs to move on for his own good. I actually like him even if I don't think he's yet good enough at this level, he shows a lot of fight on the pitch and I'm actually surprised it took him so long before snapping losing his temper when he got the red card with the amount of stick he's had. I moan on here and I was p!55ed off with him for the red but the booing was atrocious.
I think the fact his dads the manager and he's not a stand out player is a big shadow over him.
Mark keeps saying he's a good player so let him go prove it beyond doubt and get selected by someone who's not his dad!
tommyd
Top Manager
Top Manager

Re: Charlie Cooper

Postby FGR-Ledge » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:59 pm

The abuse is harsh, but brought on by his Dad constantly picking him, that his not his fault.

I actually think although he tries, he is an atrocious footballer, he is not league quality, and not even conference quality in my opinion.

He should leave for his own good and us fans.
FGR-Ledge
First Team
First Team

Postby michael » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:02 pm

i disagree on all counts .
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby FGR-Ledge » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:03 pm

You would!

Why do you disagree on all counts?
FGR-Ledge
First Team
First Team

Postby TreeHugger » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:08 pm

I also disagree on all counts.

A thread like this cannot help a young player either.
TreeHugger
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Tomiswalking » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:11 pm

What are the counts?
Tomiswalking
First Team
First Team

Postby lovejoy2 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:11 pm

Can someone look at the stats with and without Mark Roberts in the squad. He is woeful and now we’ve signed another cb surely has to go. With Roberts and Cooper starting we never has a chance tonight.
lovejoy2
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby FGR-Ledge » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:12 pm

TreeHugger wrote:I also disagree on all counts.

A thread like this cannot help a young player either.

What do you disagree with??????
FGR-Ledge
First Team
First Team

Postby FGR-Ledge » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:13 pm

lovejoy2 wrote:Can someone look at the stats with and without Mark Roberts in the squad. He is woeful and now we’ve signed another cb surely has to go. With Roberts and Cooper starting we never has a chance tonight.

Agree with that.

Roberts is one of the worst defenders I have ever seen playing for our club, was another panic buy by Cooper!!
FGR-Ledge
First Team
First Team

Postby michael » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:17 pm

energy,
ever improving,
can tackle,
blocks opposition runs (sometimes you can be a good player without even touching the ball) ,
makes himself available for a pass.

accepted he is not world class, but he brings balance to the play of Traore and Osbourne.

Yep-Dad may procure another midfielder who is better than CC-when he does-play him instead;but at the moment-those 3 are the best 3 midfield players at the club,and together -work particularly well.

At some stage,CC will leave FGR on a permanent transfer-i would expect that to be to a similar or higher division club, than lower which the majority seemm to anticipate
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby FGR-Ledge » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:18 pm

michael wrote:energy,
ever improving,
can tackle,
blocks opposition runs (sometimes you can be a good player without even touching the ball) ,
makes himself available for a pass.

accepted he is not world class, but he brings balance to the play of Traore and Osbourne.

Yep-Dad may procure another midfielder who is better than CC-when he does-play him instead;but at the moment-those 3 are the best 3 midfield players at the club,and together -work particularly well.

At some stage,CC will leave FGR on a permanent transfer-i would expect that to be to a similar or higher division club, than lower which the majority seemm to anticipate

Disagree on all counts.
FGR-Ledge
First Team
First Team

Postby T50 BOS » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:20 pm

Must be watching somebody else !
T50 BOS
Reserves
Reserves

Postby FGR-Ledge » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:24 pm

T50 BOS wrote:Must be watching somebody else !

Exactly!!!

If ge was describing Ozzy, It would be the perfect description.

Cooper: Cannot pass forward / Gives the ball away constantly / Never scores / Mis-times a lot of tackles / Negative / Petulant / Lack of improvement!!! That would be my descriptor.
FGR-Ledge
First Team
First Team

Postby Foggy » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:49 pm

I hope none of the players read this thread, we are supposed to be backing them in the fight to stay in the Football League...if that was me and I read some of the comments here, directed at one player, I might be inclined to think "why bother!"
The future is bright, the future is green...Forest Green!
Foggy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Location: The other side of the hill...living in the land of the eggmen!

Postby FGR-Ledge » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:50 pm

Foggy wrote:I hope none of the players read this thread, we are supposed to be backing them in the fight to stay in the Football League...if that was me and I read some of the comments here, directed at one player, I might be inclined to think "why bother!"

Ahhhhhh!!!

You don't get it!!!!!!
FGR-Ledge
First Team
First Team

Postby Foggy » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:55 pm

I do get it, some of our players are lacking in confidence, Reuben Reid alluded to that in his interview after the Port Vale game...what amounts to a total character assassination of a player is hardly likely to improve things is it!
The future is bright, the future is green...Forest Green!
Foggy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Location: The other side of the hill...living in the land of the eggmen!

Postby FGR-Ledge » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:57 pm

Foggy wrote:I do get it, some of our players are lacking in confidence, Reuben Reid alluded to that in his interview after the Port Vale game...what amounts to a total character assassination of a player is hardly likely to improve things is it!

It is criticism for goodness sake, am I not allowed to put this?

Cooper is a poor player, he needs to improve, he should know this anyway!

If he is affected by me saying a few home truths on a forum, then he shouldn't be a pro footballer!!!!!
FGR-Ledge
First Team
First Team

Postby Tomiswalking » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:03 am

Foggy wrote:I hope none of the players read this thread, we are supposed to be backing them in the fight to stay in the Football League...if that was me and I read some of the comments here, directed at one player, I might be inclined to think "why bother!"

I think everyone knows that foggy and are trying their best, some fans are in total disbelief that this is allowed to continue and hasn't already been addressed by the manager. I think when you step back from this there are fans here who would never post on the forum like this unless they were desperate to be heard. I think there are fans also who have stuck by loyally but now can't bare it. Maybe a few have gone a little mad because they can't believe that this is really happening.
Tomiswalking
First Team
First Team

Postby FGR-Ledge » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:06 am

Tomiswalking wrote:

I think everyone knows that foggy and are trying their best, some fans are in total disbelief that this is allowed to continue and hasn't already been addressed by the manager. I think when you step back from this there are fans here who would never post on the forum like this unless they were desperate to be heard. I think there are fans also who have stuck by loyally but now can't bare it. Maybe a few have gone a little mad because they can't believe that this is really happening.

Well said!!!!
FGR-Ledge
First Team
First Team

Postby king giraffe III » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:16 am

Tomiswalking wrote:What are the counts?

Dracula, Michael Bisping and Monte Cristo.
Your hands-down winner.
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Next

Return to FGR First Team