Re: Deleted thread?

Postby GETCARTER » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:15 pm

That says it all !!.
GETCARTER
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby GETCARTER » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:18 pm

FOURM RULES - please spell correctly, minor point i know but still important when you post a comment.
GETCARTER
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby FGR-Ledge » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:20 pm

I would leave it now, you are now beginning to look like the pathetic one in my opinion.
FGR-Ledge
First Team
First Team

Postby NewForestRover » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:56 pm

tommyd wrote:
NewForestRover wrote:Free speech is one thing.
Hurting the feelings and wrecking the confidence of one of our players is another.

Dear oh dear :roll:
What shall we talk about on a football forum if we can't talk about what we think we can do to improve, which inevitably is going to come down to our weaknesses which is in turn is going to come down to who we think is good enough or not.
Let's start a new thread just for nfr, we could title it 'isn't everything in the whole world simply wonderful'

Everything in the whole world isn't wonderful though is it?

I wasn't referring to your OP in the CC thread anyway (in case you thought I was). I thought you made fair comments.
I was talking about the critisism always aimed at the same players. It's bad enough that they have to contend with verbal abuse from their own supporters when they're on the pitch without seeing it on here as well.

If I thought any of our players were atrocious or awful or useless or the worst signing we've ever made etc. etc., I would say it to my friends or discuss it in the pub with fellow fans but I wouldn't say it to their face and I certainly wouldn't say it on here where there's a big chance they might read it.

If they're making an effort to do their best every week but nothing they do is ever good enough, it's bound to affect them but not in a good way, as we saw with Charlie.

I know it's a football forum but I find it quite uncomfortable reading some of the comments on here when I imagine how they might feel if they saw them.

Brad Collins is the other one who gets criticised far too often and doesn't deserve it.
Always Looking On The Bright Side
NewForestRover
First Team
First Team

Postby king giraffe III » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:09 pm

NewForestRover wrote:
tommyd wrote:
Hurting the feelings and wrecking the confidence of one of our players is another.

What shall we talk about on a football forum if we can't talk about what we think we can do to improve, which inevitably is going to come down to our weaknesses which is in turn is going to come down to who we think is good enough or not.
Let's start a new thread just for nfr, we could title it 'isn't everything in the whole world simply wonderful'

I know it's a football forum but I find it quite uncomfortable reading some of the comments on here when I imagine how they might feel if they saw them.

If it doesn't get said here it will get said elsewhere where it can be read. Footballers attract criticism or praise week in, week out, both from the stands, in the organised media, independent websites and on forums. It goes with the territory and it isn't the only job that carries such issues. Besides, everyone who goes in the turnstiles at TNL pays their wages.
"I just don't know what went wrong!"
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Foggy » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:24 pm

king giraffe III wrote:Besides, everyone who goes in the turnstiles at TNL pays their wages.

This is of course absolutely correct, but using the same argument we also pay the wages of doctors, nurses, teachers and fire fighters through our taxes...I have never felt compelled to go to their place of work and shout abuse at them, or slag them off on the internet, just because I feel that I have a divine right earned through contributions from my tax bill.
The future is bright, the future is green...Forest Green!
Foggy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Location: The other side of the hill...living in the land of the eggmen!

Postby Too occasional fan » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:46 pm

Advertisers, Sponsors and others also pay wages.
The gimlet of the forum.
Too occasional fan
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby tommyd » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:56 pm

Foggy wrote:
king giraffe III wrote:Besides, everyone who goes in the turnstiles at TNL pays their wages.

This is of course absolutely correct, but using the same argument we also pay the wages of doctors, nurses, teachers and fire fighters through our taxes...I have never felt compelled to go to their place of work and shout abuse at them, or slag them off on the internet, just because I feel that I have a divine right earned through contributions from my tax bill.

Did you really just compare footballers to fire fighters and nurses?
Not really the same or even similar industry is it?
tommyd
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby tommyd » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:58 pm

Too occasional fan wrote:Advertisers, Sponsors and others also pay wages.

And the better they are the more they will earn, they don't need to tell them their opinion when money does their talking. When FGR let me pay what I think a game was worth you may have a valid point.
tommyd
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby FGR-Ledge » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:59 pm

Foggy wrote:

Absolutely awful post.
FGR-Ledge
First Team
First Team

Postby tommyd » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:00 pm

NewForestRover wrote:
tommyd wrote:

Everything in the whole world isn't wonderful though is it?

I wasn't referring to your OP in the CC thread anyway (in case you thought I was). I thought you made fair comments.
I was talking about the critisism always aimed at the same players. It's bad enough that they have to contend with verbal abuse from their own supporters when they're on the pitch without seeing it on here as well.

If I thought any of our players were atrocious or awful or useless or the worst signing we've ever made etc. etc., I would say it to my friends or discuss it in the pub with fellow fans but I wouldn't say it to their face and I certainly wouldn't say it on here where there's a big chance they might read it.

If they're making an effort to do their best every week but nothing they do is ever good enough, it's bound to affect them but not in a good way, as we saw with Charlie.

Brad Collins is the other one who gets criticised far too often and doesn't deserve it.

Fair enough, we lost so I'm peeved, sorry.
tommyd
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Foggy » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:12 pm

tommyd wrote:

I was not trying to compare their professions but illustrate how odd it would be if we considered ourselves to have a divine right to abuse someone, in the performance of their work, just because we have contributed in some way towards their wages.
Foggy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby FGR-Ledge » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:19 pm

Foggy wrote:
tommyd wrote:

I was not trying to compare their professions but illustrate how odd it would be if we considered ourselves to have a divine right to abuse someone, in the performance of their work, just because we have contributed in some way towards their wages.

I see no abuse!!
FGR-Ledge
First Team
First Team

Postby tommyd » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:21 pm

Foggy wrote:
tommyd wrote:

Pretty sure if I went in with a cough and they tried to give me an anal endoscopy I'd say something... drs get criticised all the time! Some lawyers make a living out of it.
tommyd
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Foggy » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:39 pm

FGR-Ledge wrote:
Absolutely awful post.

Thank you for your considered response, would you be prepared to expand with your reasons why?
Foggy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby FGR-Ledge » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:42 pm

Foggy wrote:
FGR-Ledge wrote:
Absolutely awful post.

Thank you for your considered response, would you be prepared to expand with your reasons why?

Sorry, did not like the comparison with pampered and spoilt footballers with Nurses!!!
FGR-Ledge
First Team
First Team

Postby Foggy » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:44 pm

FGR-Ledge wrote:
Sorry, did not like the comparison with pampered and spoilt footballers with Nurses!!!

It was an illustrative point, I was not making a direct comparison between the two professions.
Foggy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby FGR-Ledge » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:49 pm

Foggy wrote:
FGR-Ledge wrote:

It was an illustrative point, I was not making a direct comparison between the two professions.

It des not make the point at all, they are not comparable.
FGR-Ledge
First Team
First Team

Postby Foggy » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:52 pm

I'm getting bored now FGR-Ledge, just re-read my posts about five or six above and you will see the point I was making.

Thanks and goodnight.
Foggy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby FGR-Ledge » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:59 pm

Goodnight.
FGR-Ledge
First Team
First Team

PreviousNext

Return to FGR First Team